What is 0.2 of a teaspoon?

2»

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    xvolution wrote: »
    0.2 is 1/5. A teaspoon is 5 ml. The serving size would be 1 ml. I don't know what use serving size is. You take the amount you need. If you are logging spices, do yourself a favor and stop. Spices has almost no calories, at least not in amounts people normally use.

So if you used 0.2 tsp of salt (which is technically a spice) you wouldn't count it because it has no calories? Note that that much salt has 500mg sodium.

Actually, technically, it's a mineral. Spices come from plants.
    It's a dash.

A dash is 1/8th...according to my measuring spoons

A dash is 1/16th ... according to the USDA, at least when talking about salt. (1 tsp = 6 g; dash = 0.4 g, or roughly 1/16th of a tsp.)

https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/296?manu=&fgcd=&ds=Standard Reference

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited October 2017
    0.2 is 1/5. A teaspoon is 5 ml. The serving size would be 1 ml. I don't know what use serving size is. You take the amount you need. If you are logging spices, do yourself a favor and stop. Spices has almost no calories, at least not in amounts people normally use.

So if you used 0.2 tsp of salt (which is technically a spice) you wouldn't count it because it has no calories? Note that that much salt has 500mg sodium.

Actually, technically, it's a mineral. Spices come from plants.
    It's a dash.

A dash is 1/8th...according to my measuring spoons

A dash is 1/16th ... according to the USDA, at least when talking about salt. (1 tsp = 6 g; dash = 0.4 g, or roughly 1/16th of a tsp.)

https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/296?manu=&fgcd=&ds=Standard Reference

My measuring spoons go by this

https://www.accuracyproject.org/pinchdash.html
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member

No, I wouldn't, and I haven't. If I had to watch sodium, I would count it.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Mandyt2937 wrote: »
    Not sure if I am measuring that right, but is it equivalent to 1/8 a teaspoon? Plugged in Simply Organic cinnamon and it said serving size 0.2 tsp, I just hit the check mark. Any body know or have ideas? Thanks

0.2 is two tenths, which is the same as one fifth. So as a teaspoon is 5ml, that would be 1ml.
  • Mandyt2937
    Mandyt2937 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you guys!! I will not track spices. I appreciate all the feedback! I feel so supported! First time reaching out to the community!!
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    I only count seasonings and spices if they contain sodium because I’m watching that.