• Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    edited April 2018
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Wow. It's 80 degrees here.

Oh yeah, rub it in why don't ya.☺
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Sorry! You can all organize a field trip here o:)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    How's it going Jim!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Jim_fbr wrote: »
    Monthly Weight (ave of last 7 days of the month)
    August....184.2
    Sept........178.8
    Oct.........176.7
    Nov........176
    Dec........173.2
    Jan.........172.4
    Feb........171.6
    Mar........173.6

Odd that after mid month hitting my absolute lowest weight of my adult life, that I ended up rebounding a bit towards the end of the month to post a little gain. On the 11th and 12th I weighed in at 169 and change. Not sure why there was so much up and down this month but not too worried about it either.

It has been exactly 6 months for me in maintenance and on a carnivore diet.
    It's also six months exactly since I ran my first 5K race, so yesterday I ran another 5K as a way to evaluate my progress over the winter.
    On October 1st I ran it in 29m 36 sec.
    Yesterday I ran it in 26m 52 sec
    An improvement of 2 min 44 seconds and I am simply over the moon about that. It's practically 1 minute faster on my mile pace.

If you want to hear more details I put up a vlog regarding the race yesterday and which also looks at other details about my last six months.

https://youtu.be/YDYAimpbdow

Liked your video. Didn't see that when I read that before. Your blood pressure is really low, that is awesome how much you have changed!
  • Jim_fbr
    Thanks Bob. I'm doing well. I've done a little intermittent fasting over the past two weeks (fasted two days per week) and this morning hit a new all time adult low of 165 pounds.
    Just wanted to move the needle down a bit before getting back into sustaining mode.
    After not doing any fasting for the past seven months or so, I'm thinking going forward I might work in a couple fasting days per month just to keep things in check and to stay on the lean side of things.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    165, that's great Jim :)
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    wow, nice results! I am interested, it might be too far outside my comfort zone to give up all veggies, but I am thinking of adding more meat and fat to my diet. my other concern, is if it works so good that it becomes popular, it might be unsustainable for the planet. Though that might be offset by eating less food overall via IF or OMAD
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Wowy Jim!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Spectacular!
  • Jim_fbr
    Thanks all, it was really no big thing. I just figured out that I need to stay in touch with the fasting side of things. Just to remind my body that it's not going to be a feast every day. A schedule of cycling between feasting and fasting has always been something that made sense to me.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    You're an inspiration for sure Jim!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Awesome!
  • Jim_fbr
    Monthly Weight (ave of last 7 days of the month)
    August....184.2
    Sept........178.8
    Oct.........176.7
    Nov........176
    Dec........173.2
    Jan.........172.4
    Feb........171.6
    Mar........173.6
    Apr........168.9

Used some intermittent fasting in April and consequently saw a loss for the month.
    My goal for some time has been to ultimately maintain in the mid 160's so I'm getting close to that now after not making much progress for many months.
  • DarthWaderMT
    nice work! congrats!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    When you say "intermittent fasting" are you talking about some longer fasts or just a different window than OMAD?
  • Jim_fbr
    minigrrll wrote: »
    When you say "intermittent fasting" are you talking about some longer fasts or just a different window than OMAD?
    I'm always doing OMAD, what I mean by IF is that I fasted a couple times per week for a few weeks.
    Essentially I skipped eating on Tuesday and Thursday so it gave me a couple of 48 hour fasts during the week.
    I'm just not into any longer fasting than that at this point. Skipping a day here and there isn't too hard though.

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited May 2018
    Jim you made it into the 160's, Awesome!!! :)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Nice work, Jim!
  • DarthWaderMT
    I saw your video onthe diet dr. page today, wow that is aswesome! well done!