Online Dating!

123457»

Replies

• vitaxo
    vitaxo Posts: 99
    I think it's fine. Sometimes I actually like it better because you can actually know who they are & how they act before you meet them. If we're miles & miles away or just haven't met, I wouldn't mind texting, skyping, whatever. So yeah, I don't think it's weird, I think it's kind of cute actually lol.

& for advice, talk to them first. Make sure you know what they're about before advancing..
  • skinnymalinkyscot
    skinnymalinkyscot Posts: 174 Member

Finally my husband works with a lot of men , some of the single ones use Plenty of Fish looking for a weekend legover. They all say the women are willing and up for having sex immediately , if thats the case then they cant complain about being used . Whether you meet someone in real life or meet someone via the internet , just be safe, dont rush into physical intimacy and until you go exclusive then date as many people as you want.

That's a bit of an old-fashioned notion, that when two people have sex right away the woman is the only one being used. It all depends on what women want from the guy, and sometimes it's just a fun weekend.

Yes, in the past I've met a few women in the past who just wanted a 'leg over' on the first evening, no relationship, just a leg over... And that's it... No problems... I just more women were more honest like that... Its the whole point in being single, yes, would be nice to find someone to have a 'relationship', until then a fun weekend doesn't hurt anyone....
    If youre looking for a long term serious relationship then having a "fun" weekend which means having sex with a stranger, is not going to lead to your dream. It will be just that, a weekend, nothing more the majority of the time, if having sex with different men all the time is your goal fine, but if you want a long term relationship then call it old fashioned but it sends out completely the wrong message to a man.

And of course its old fashioned, Im 53 what would I know ive only been happily married my whole life and I didnt sleep around.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    My husband and I met online over 9 years ago! We were just friends for a year and then had a long distance relationship for a year until he moved to be with me. We got engaged after that. Now we celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary and we have 2 kids! We didn't use dating site though. Good luck!

Intense . My best friend met his current GF from a random facebook invite . They been together for 3 years.
  • MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member

Finally my husband works with a lot of men , some of the single ones use Plenty of Fish looking for a weekend legover. They all say the women are willing and up for having sex immediately , if thats the case then they cant complain about being used . Whether you meet someone in real life or meet someone via the internet , just be safe, dont rush into physical intimacy and until you go exclusive then date as many people as you want.

That's a bit of an old-fashioned notion, that when two people have sex right away the woman is the only one being used. It all depends on what women want from the guy, and sometimes it's just a fun weekend.

Yes, in the past I've met a few women in the past who just wanted a 'leg over' on the first evening, no relationship, just a leg over... And that's it... No problems... I just more women were more honest like that... Its the whole point in being single, yes, would be nice to find someone to have a 'relationship', until then a fun weekend doesn't hurt anyone....
    If youre looking for a long term serious relationship then having a "fun" weekend which means having sex with a stranger, is not going to lead to your dream. It will be just that, a weekend, nothing more the majority of the time, if having sex with different men all the time is your goal fine, but if you want a long term relationship then call it old fashioned but it sends out completely the wrong message to a man.

And of course its old fashioned, Im 53 what would I know ive only been happily married my whole life and I didnt sleep around.

Hello, I don't think you understand... These women don't want a long-term relationship, with that man... But it sure beats sitting at home watching TV soaps alone until the right man or woman comes along... If ever... Yes, perhaps you don't know what its like being single... I was in a 19 yr relationship, then a 5 year one... The odd 'attraction and fun with the opposite sex hurts no one, if you both know its brief... I don't think many men or women want to sleep around all the time, men and women have natural 'wants' and a bit of excitement. Being married for so long... What night is your naughty night? Or is it every night? :happy:

Online dating brings people together in a safe way and they can get an idea of what each other want... Long term or just fun from 'that person'...
  • skinnymalinkyscot
    "Hello, I don't think you understand... These women don't want a long-term relationship, with that man... But it sure beats sitting at home watching TV soaps alone until the right man or woman comes along... If ever... Yes, perhaps you don't know what its like being single... I was in a 19 yr relationship, then a 5 year one... The odd 'attraction and fun with the opposite sex hurts no one, if you both know its brief... I don't think many men or women want to sleep around all the time, men and women have natural 'wants' and a bit of excitement. Being married for so long... What night is your naughty night? Or is it every night? :happy:"

Online dating brings people together in a safe way and they can get an idea of what each other want... Long term or just fun from 'that person'..."

Hi Morechablis,

I must confess its confusing, I thought the women did want a relationship otherwise what is the point of having a dating website if its just for casual hook ups? I agree with you its no fun sitting around at home but I thought thats what friends and hobbies were for. Naughty night is any night I want btw :) I have only based my thoughts on the single women I know who have used dating websites and they have all complained that the men are predatory types who only want sex and no relationships, Ive not met many women over the years who only want casual sex and no relationship, although im sure in this modern age they exist. I thank god im not a young woman nowadays looking for a relationship or romance because an online dating website would be the last place I would anticipate finding a life partner prepared to go the distance.
  • MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    Hello, Skinny... I find it strange you were on a ONLINE DATING thread... As you're so happily married for so long... You have a totally wrong perception of dating today... Its an equal meeting of people... Perhaps you're single friends who want long term relationships give out the wrong signals, or go for predatory type of men?

Remember, a relationship has to start somewhere... And I must say what is wrong with women wanting 'a quick how's your father'? Many do... And many do not... It depends on both parties that meet up... Most dates are just dates... But some turn into relationships, some just a bit of fun... You just have to go with the flow, until one day you might find a 'keeper'... :-) IN todays world men and women are equal in the dating game...

LET GET BACK TO TAKING ABOUT 'ONLINE DATING'...
  • skinnymalinkyscot
    Morechablis, I read most of the recently posted posts on ANY topic everyday, I also post where I like, theres nothing strange about that at all ..and yes Im happily married therefore I feel that qualifies me to give my perspective on what leads to a happy marriage and modern dating styles imo of course, arent conducive to the same. Neveretheless mine is just one opinion, just like yours....it would be a sad world if we were all the same. Please do continue with your discussion, of course if Im part of the discussion then I will answer. but theres really no need , ive said what I wanted to say on the subject, for now.....
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    I must confess its confusing, I thought the women did want a relationship otherwise what is the point of having a dating website if its just for casual hook ups?

Why is this confusing? Dating doesn't mean a relationship, and no matter what you refer to the sites as, people go on there looking for all types of things, the point is so that people can look for what they want, whether it be a casual hookup, relationship, date, whatever. And "women" don't want a certain thing, we are not all the same and therefore do not all want the same thing.
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Although not on a dating site me and my hubby met on My Space! We had no friends in common but I think he saw me in the friends list on a music page that we both liked and he said he liked my smile and we obviously had a similar taste in music so he sent me a friend request and a message.

Now been together 6 years and married just over 3 and have one child together.
  • Alluring72
    Alluring72 Posts: 50 Member
    I have been on ashleymadison, PoF, match, and chemistry at different times. With all of them you have to be careful of who you are meeting, there are plenty of nuts out there, but there are also plenty of good guys. If you are looking for hookups ashleymadison and PoF are the way to go (a woman has needs too). I had several dates through Match, some better than others, but met my bf trough chemistry. We have been dating for 1.5 years now and so far so good. I would not have met him if it weren't for chemistry, even though we live within 10 miles of each other.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    ^ I call shenanigans!
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    i met my boyfriend online... from mfp actually. bahahaaaaa!~
    that's funny because i met my gf online....on mfp. wait...

hahah i love you~!
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    The only advice I can give you is request a video skype chat with the person.... if they say they don't have a camera or it's not working, chances are they are fake.
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    The only advice I can give you is request a video skype chat with the person.... if they say they don't have a camera or it's not working, chances are they are fake.

true!
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    I met my husband in a chatroom (I was back home and he was here in the US) and we talked for about 6 months before we met (I had come to the US in the meant time for varsity). That was 9.5 years ago. We have been married almost 7 years. It can work, but you do need to be careful and don't give out too much personal information and if you do meet, make sure to meet in a safe public place.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    As much flack as OKC gets, it's not a bad site. It's also free. Plenty of Fish is pretty alright too (also, also free).

Just feel free to be a little picky. You don't have to respond to every message and go on a date with everyone who shows interest. Try to get to know them as much as you can before going on a date with them, maybe try skyping so you can see what they really, really look like (and act like in a more-than-just-type-chatting situation).

Also maybe try Events and Adventures. :) It's a site that posts events they've set up in your area for singles to mix.