Less alcohol - Nov 2017 - one day at a time

Replies

• naomiday85
    naomiday85 Posts: 38 Member
    I’m over 3 weeks down
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Another good, busy day, no alcohol.

One more day before Thanksgiving. Got a couple bottles of nouveau Beaujolais and a bottle of nice French brandy for the feast day!
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    And another one bites the dust. Hasn't been bad at all. I'm surprised.
  • cobrajitsu
    cobrajitsu Posts: 5 Member
    After 2 tequilas there's no stopping for me. I binge drink until I pass out. My goal is to drink 3 margaritas on weekends and that's it. 3 is my limit and only on weekends!!
  • Westschmeis
    The second bottle of nouveau Beaujolais was a bad sign, but delicuos. Then there is the bottle of brandy.
    Start over tomorrow.
  • naomiday85
    naomiday85 Posts: 38 Member
    Had a baileys coffee and a cigarette this evening first alcoholic drink in 4 weeks. Back on track tomorrow and need to learn to stay strong. A little disappointed in myself but the coffee did taste nice and it felt Christmassy-we used to have a coffee with baileys at work around Christmas time when I was an apprentice... the boss would join the staff
  • Westschmeis
    Less alcohol, but still too much. At least stayed under on calories.

Come on Monday, I need routine.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    FattieBabs wrote: »
    KareninLux wrote: »
    Hi fellow MFPers,

Thought to start this challenge today through end November because I really need it and sounds like some of you might, too.

I am not trying to quit alcohol but just trying to limit my intake during the week especially while allowing myself to enjoy some wine on the weekends. I need to be accountable to exert some control over my 'crutch' ... pretty sure it will help with my weight loss goal along the way.

I will try to post each day and invite you to do the same.

Will start this challenge today and run it until end Nov. I hope some of you will join.

K

Hi there! thanks for starting this group. Are we going to start a December one or keep this one going... would love to follow this all through to Christmas at least!

\Hi there, I probably won't run the challege again as I will be travelling a lot in December but anyone can! Just start the thread :)
  • KareninLux
    Well - not much drinking these days - been sick as a dog. Funny - can't smell the wine with clogged sinuses. Lol

We are all on the home stretch!
  • Jockimom
    Jockimom Posts: 26 Member
    Absolutely blew it over the holidays. Hoping for a clean start today! Sure, it's nearly the end of the month, but any day can be a fresh start, right?
  • MrSith
    been over 2 weeks without a drink! I will be drinking Friday but I don't know what yet lol
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    I have been absent from this thread for a while because I have been busy with family/holiday stuff. I also did not want to check in and admit that I blew it last weekend (the Saturday before Thanksgiving) and again this past Friday night. Trying to log all of my drinks has been eye opening. I think I may have to try the all or nothing route for a while. On the positive side, I was successful the rest of the days in there where I was able to abstain from alcohol or limit myself to one drink. I just need to figure out how to eliminate those "overboard" days.

Good luck to all and congrats to those that are still killing it. Stay strong!
  • MrSith
    It's hard guys, so don't be hard on yourself. The want to do it is stronger than the urge to not. Just do your best and forget the rest.
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Greetings all!
    Home with the kiddos all last week and didn't manage to post or even log in to MFP since Thursday!
    Had one glass of red on Monday, two glasses of red Wednesday night with T'giving Dinner, and one (large!) glass of red Sunday night.
    My goal was to make it to Thanksgiving. I didn't make it, because of that trip to the mountains the weekend prior, but c'est la vie!
    I'm happy to have cut back as much as I did, and keep going with just saving it for special occasions or just one glass here and there.
    My end goal was to cut WAY back because it was making me chubby and bloated, and I was just drinking too much, too frequently.
    So I'll definitely be staying on these threads for accountability!
    Have a great week, everyone!
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Well done for cutting back! And coping with thanksgiving.... onwards :-)
  • Westschmeis
    No alcohol today, and easy to make my calorie budget, mainly for that reason.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    I had one weak Bloody Mary and that was it- hubby opened a bottle of wine but I said no.
  • KareninLux
    MrSith wrote: »
    It's hard guys, so don't be hard on yourself. The want to do it is stronger than the urge to not. Just do your best and forget the rest.
    So true!!