Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Options
13»

Replies

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Simple statement........two weeks!

The new lifestyle, tons of exercise and a different diet will make different people react differently. It will come off but I would recommend less cardio (2 hours is a lot and going to be hard to maintain) and find a happy medium that allows you to eat without feeling starved.

Upping the calories may in fact be in the works, but not because it is slowing down weight loss but just because it might be a more sensible amount for you
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    MariCarrie wrote: »
    I just want to thank everyone for weighing in on this matter. I've done this before and lost 45 pounds. (gained it all back and then some because I'm apparently bad at maintaining) I didn't exercise the first time and just ate at a deficit and lost the weight. This time I wanted to lose more and so I exercised every day. I tried looking up if I have to eat exercise calories back and couldn't find anywhere that said to do so. Maybe that is my issue though...? I lost 10 pounds the first two weeks and I think seeing the scale go down each day made it harder to see it go up a few pounds at random. I do like to use a weight tracker app. The science and numbers of my body really facinate me. I definitely need to make some changes because no... I can't work out 2 hours every day forever. I've been putting working out before some other priorities because I tend to get obsessive. I definitely need to find a healthier way to go about this... thank you again to all that responded. Even if some responses were harsh, I deeply appreciate them.

Maybe you're over training and have adrenal fatigue/ spiking your cortisol? Do what worked so well for you the first time. Add some enjoyable walks to keep up your strength. Good luck & here's a link to adrenal fatigue:
    https://www.shapefit.com/exercise/adrenal-fatigue-overtraining.html
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would back off on the exercise if it's cardio and concentrate on the calorie deficit. It sounds like what you're doing isn't sustainable long term. What are you doing for two hours a day? My two cents anyway. Lose some weight and then start exercising but don't kill yourself with it.
  • NorthernLights1985
    NorthernLights1985 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    :worried: 1200 a day!! oh my, oh my... that is way to little even with no exercise. Im eating 1774 at the lowest, working out 3 hr a week and loosing. Im never hungry.
    If you want advise from me you can send me a message.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    katjustkat wrote: »
    MariCarrie wrote: »
    I just want to thank everyone for weighing in on this matter. I've done this before and lost 45 pounds. (gained it all back and then some because I'm apparently bad at maintaining) I didn't exercise the first time and just ate at a deficit and lost the weight. This time I wanted to lose more and so I exercised every day. I tried looking up if I have to eat exercise calories back and couldn't find anywhere that said to do so. Maybe that is my issue though...? I lost 10 pounds the first two weeks and I think seeing the scale go down each day made it harder to see it go up a few pounds at random. I do like to use a weight tracker app. The science and numbers of my body really facinate me. I definitely need to make some changes because no... I can't work out 2 hours every day forever. I've been putting working out before some other priorities because I tend to get obsessive. I definitely need to find a healthier way to go about this... thank you again to all that responded. Even if some responses were harsh, I deeply appreciate them.

Maybe you're over training and have adrenal fatigue/ spiking your cortisol? Do what worked so well for you the first time. Add some enjoyable walks to keep up your strength. Good luck & here's a link to adrenal fatigue:
    https://www.shapefit.com/exercise/adrenal-fatigue-overtraining.html

adrenal fatigue does not exist https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4997656/ but adrenal insufficiency does. but she could be stressing her body causing cortisol levels to rise
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Scale fluctuations are normal and can be caused by many things. Try not to worry about it unless you know you have eaten way over maintenance - it takes 3500 calories to make a pound of fat, so you did not gain 2lbs by eating 1400 calories.

I didn't read the whole thread, so I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but what may be happening is glycogen replenishment. Glycogen, your body's source of energy, is stored in your muscles along with water. When you eat at a deficit and work out a lot, it gets depleted. When you eat a few more carbs than usual, it gets replaced, along with the water that goes with it. This is a good thing which will help you in your workouts.

• rachie25half
    rachie25half Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who say you are probably eating too little for your exercise amount. Have you checked what MFP thinks your calorie level should be? What I've done is set a weight goal that is about 25 lbs, even though I need to lose much more than that. Once I get to that goal, then I will set another. That allows me more calories at first to get used to losing and then I'll gradually drop more calories each day. I don't know how old you are, but usually you shouldn't go from not exercising at all to exercising two hours a day all at once. I'd cut to an hour unless you are doing something that isn't very strenuous like walking slowly. If you are exhausted and hungry all of the time, something is wrong. I also agree with those who say don't weigh yourself daily. There is too much water-weight fluctuations. You seem to be pretty motivated, so that's good. Just dial it back a bit at first and see if you feel better.
  • NorthernLights1985
    NorthernLights1985 Posts: 16 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I agree with those who say you are probably eating too little for your exercise amount. Have you checked what MFP thinks your calorie level should be?.
    uff.. not probably, you are eating way too little.