NEAT Improvement Strategies to Improve Weight Loss

1131415161719»

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    noodlesno wrote: »
    I mean probably the most expensive way of doing by buy/adopt a dog. I do over 16k steps a day, everyday.

I mean he cost me a fortune in food and vets so is it really worth the 300kcal burn

Far more interesting and less expensive than purchasing a Peloton I'm sure!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    noodlesno wrote: »
    I mean probably the most expensive way of doing by buy/adopt a dog. I do over 16k steps a day, everyday.

I mean he cost me a fortune in food and vets so is it really worth the 300kcal burn

Dogs are definitely great for NEAT, if a person treats their dog right.

If calorie burn is the only perceived benefit of a dog, though . . . hmm, might not be a dog person? ;)

I don't have a dog now, because good reasons. But I miss those other (non-calorie) benefits.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,129 Member
    Bump

sj2kce22wful.jpg
  • binghamdeb
    binghamdeb Posts: 1 Member
    I YouTube “Walk with Leslie”, or walk in place while crocheting or knitting simple projects, or do walking movements while watching TV, walk while reading or riding stationary bike, walk or play with my dog, clean up the yard, get up every hour, and obey my Fitbit prompt to move.
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Thank you @MargaretYakoda for the tip - I have subscribed to their YouTube channel! Looking forward to touring both places I have visited in the past + places I have yet to see. I have a treadmill, but you could easily march in place also.
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 212 Member
    binghamdeb wrote: »
    I YouTube “Walk with Leslie”, or walk in place while crocheting or knitting simple projects, or do walking movements while watching TV, walk while reading or riding stationary bike, walk or play with my dog, clean up the yard, get up every hour, and obey my Fitbit prompt to move.

Another great YouTube walking channel is Prowalk Tours. It’s walking tours of a lot of different places. Rome, Pompeii, Paris, and a lot of other great places. It feels like you’re right there walking around, enjoying the sights and sounds. One of his lates ones is a beach party in Rio. Great fun.

Thanks for the tip. I got to look this up. I had Peleton CD's at a time, with forest environment, etc. but they got misplaced. Would be nice for my under desk biking.