Walk to Mordor

Replies

• TEQWAR
    TEQWAR Posts: 1,616 Member
    So Mordor and Erebor under my belt. What next?
  • Jokeen16
    Jokeen16 Posts: 253 Member
    So proud of my 4 year old walking 3.42 miles with me.

37.23 miles to Caras Galadan
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    This is really awesome. I wish there was a map on the app to trace how far you've gotten.
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    TEQWAR wrote: »
    So Mordor and Erebor under my belt. What next?

Is there an app for the walk to Erebor?

• TEQWAR
    Unfortunately not. I found a couple of online resources that gave me the mileage and waypoints and I knocked up a spreadsheet to log my miles since I reached Mordor.
  • jdubois5351
    Unfortunately not. I found a couple of online resources that gave me the mileage and waypoints and I knocked up a spreadsheet to log my miles since I reached Mordor.

Was that the spreadsheet you shared earlier? If so, thanks again. Anyways, I still have more than 2,700 km to go to Mordor, so no use thinking about Erebor yet!

• felicianadine3
    felicianadine3 Posts: 64 Member
    Just found this and I'm so excited! Making my way through Tookland -- Modor here I come!
  • TEQWAR
    No.

Was that the spreadsheet you shared earlier? If so, thanks again. Anyways, I still have more than 2,700 km to go to Mordor, so no use thinking about Erebor yet!

No. I had a separate sheet for Erebor. It's not as pretty.
    I used these two lists to get my numbers:

http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Tools/Hobbit_BE_to_Rivendell/hobbit_be_to_rivendell.html
    http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Tools/Lonely_Mountain/lonely_mountain.html

Then every day I put my mileage in the next empty cell in column A on here and it does the rest.

pyf3sbsiwlxo.png
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    4.7 miles today, had the wrong keys in my pocket so I ran right past the truck / old man willow, and now I am only 4/10 mile from Tom Bombadil's house. Which is fun because my handle on WtM is Goldberry56...
  • Jokeen16
    3.1 miles run today

34.13 miles to Caras Galadan
  • felicianadine3
    felicianadine3 Posts: 64 Member
    Making slow progress, but I'm happy that it's progress. Finally out of Bag End and into Tookland! Only 26.1 miles until Encounter with Black Rider. That must seem so long ago for many of you!
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Made it to Redhorn Pass!

27.49 miles until I am attacked by Wargs. :o:o
  • jdubois5351
    82.26 km from 3 days after Weathertop
  • brightresolve
    @TEQWAR have you decided what trip to take next? The trip back to the Shire from Minas Tirith and then to the Grey Havens is not documented in detail even by JRRT, although it's cheerier than the walk to Doom...
  • TEQWAR
    @TEQWAR have you decided what trip to take next? The trip back to the Shire from Minas Tirith and then to the Grey Havens is not documented in detail even by JRRT, although it's cheerier than the walk to Doom...

Nothing springs to mind. I need to find something as I'm racking up some serious miles this month (17 miles just today) and I'd like them to be going towards something.
  • TEQWAR
    I might go shopping, I know they've got a Gap at Rohan. Do they have an UnderArmor or a Nike?
  • Jokeen16
    2.02 miles today

32.11 miles to Caras Galadan
  • brightresolve
    I might go shopping, I know they've got a Gap at Rohan. Do they have an UnderArmor or a Nike?

:lol:

Not sure, but if you are looking for a car I understand there's a Ford of Bruinen up by Rivendell -- that's a dealership right?
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Hi everyone! I was deep inside for grid for a while hiking the John Muir Trail - got some serious miles in but even more perspective oh what a job it would actually be if all these miles to Mordor were mountainous and wilderness- those are some stout hearted hobbits
  • jdubois5351
    edited August 2018

Nothing springs to mind. I need to find something as I'm racking up some serious miles this month (17 miles just today) and I'd like them to be going towards something.

Maybe do a virtual hike of the Pacific Crest Trail or the Appalachian Trail (or something like that)? Those are really well documented with all many stops inbetween.