should i complain about this crap?

Replies

• chubaway
    chubaway Posts: 1,645 Member
    retracted
  • FitbitVanessa
    FitbitVanessa Posts: 37 Member
    Why do you care? I have used my gym shower instead of my home shower at various times for many reasons - construction on my house, better water pressure, hurricane Sandy left me without power for a week. As long as the person isn't sneaking into the gym and is actually a member, you have no reason to complain.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    I could understand the frustration if you were a person who worked out every morning and really needed to use the shower before work and this was holding you up. But then a gym with only two showers could present this problem often, whether or not the other people had worked out.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    And the troll strikes again......
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    lots of self entitled folks here, such is our country these days
    "IF I PAY FOR THIS THEN I CAN DO THAT AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME!"
    this isnt even about me
    its about doing the right thing for all
    no one that is homeless is paying 70/month to take a shower
    no one is using a gym shower for the past YEAR because their bathroom is still under repair
    the only thing i can think of is that the bathrooms are really nice
    and these folks prefer them to their own
    that is a self centered reason when ppl who actually workout need to use them too
    gyms have showers for those who workout and sweat and have somewhere to be
    if you have no plans of working out, you are self entitled for using their private bathroom
    its that simple.
    think of others before yourself always and do whats right

tumblr_mmlc3u3GrN1sowm4do1_400.gif

Yep. Just proved it.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    I used to do this. I bought a membership at a gym specifically to use the shower/bathroom. Yes, I had an apartment, but I was living out of my car because my boyfriend was also on the lease and I was trying to get out of an emotionally abusive relationship. Why do you care if people who use the bathroom workout or not? As long as they pay their dues, it doesn't matter. That's silly.

This is what I'm saying. It's impossible to think of the myriad of reasons a person might choose to use their gym membership this way. Long commute home? Need a shower between work and school?...or vice versa. Last three days they worked out but showered at home due to forgetting their toiletries. This time they are doing the opposite? Why would you want to police this? Possibly they worked out as a walk to the gym and didn't use the machines there too much. Also how is OP so certain that this person did not work out. Is she in every corner of the gym? Is the manning the security cameras? Is she omnipotent?

jesus-says-stop-reposting-and-gtfo.jpg
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    this isnt even about me
    no one that is homeless is paying 70/month to take a shower
    no one is using a gym shower for the past YEAR because their bathroom is still under repair
    the only thing i can think of is that the bathrooms are really nice
    that is a self centered reason when ppl who actually workout need to use them too
    if you have no plans of working out, you are self entitled for using their private bathroom
    its that simple.

You are calling others self entitled? lol

Amateur troll. C'mon SBF. Go make a good troll post.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,656 Member
    there are ppl who use my gym in the mornings just to use the shower
    there are 2 private bathrooms with showers
    everyday this one guy comes in to take a shower and leaves
    it pisses me off because ive never seen him workout
    but its just one bathroom taken so whatever
    but today two people came in to the gym to only use the shower!
    and then that guy came in and waited for a bathroom to open up
    dont these ppl have like houses or apartments?
    i put in a good workout before showering and going to work
    i allot myself plenty of time so thats not an issue, it just pisses me off though
    gym is for hitting it hard! and there is an added convenience of showering there also
    its not a hotel or your house
    do i have the right to complain to a manager?

Do they pay to use the facilities? If yes, then no, you do not have the right to complain to a manager.
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    A gym with two showers is like a boat with no bottom f@&king useless .
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    this isnt even about me
    *no one that is homeless is paying 70/month to take a shower*
    **no one is using a gym shower for the past YEAR because their bathroom is still under repair**
    ***the only thing i can think of is that the bathrooms are really nice***
    its that simple.

*now that you're bringing up reasons, 70/month sounds cheaper than any rent I've heard of.
    ** you have been watching this person's behavior for a YEAR? stalker is stalking.
    ***luckily the world is not limited to only things you "can think of".

In closing however I would like to add that I have now come up with the next Shark Tank idea. A gym where you may only use the shower if you have put in a qualifying workout. SOOOO motivating. And like you don't get any shampoo unless you do crunches. And unless you wanna walk out with straw like hair, you better put in some squats to earn that conditioner.
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    This one time I was homeless. I had to live out of my car. I also had a gym membership (attained before homelessness) that i couldnt get out of - turned out to be handy since i needed to get clean every few days so i looked okay at work.

that really happend.
    you never do know what other people are going through.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    there are ppl who use my gym in the mornings just to use the shower
    there are 2 private bathrooms with showers
    everyday this one guy comes in to take a shower and leaves
    it pisses me off because ive never seen him workout
    but its just one bathroom taken so whatever
    but today two people came in to the gym to only use the shower!
    and then that guy came in and waited for a bathroom to open up
    dont these ppl have like houses or apartments?
    i put in a good workout before showering and going to work
    i allot myself plenty of time so thats not an issue, it just pisses me off though
    gym is for hitting it hard! and there is an added convenience of showering there also
    its not a hotel or your house
    do i have the right to complain to a manager?

If you know for sure they don't have a membership and you are having to wait for non members to shower so you can get to work on time, then by all means tell the manager. But if you don't know for a fact they don't have a membership then you may be beyond your limitations in saying anything. For instance, I knew people in my gym who would run in the track near the gym and then come in for a shower. They were members but instead of weights or treadmill, they went running. If it might be possible they were running then they may be within their rights to shower.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Don't feed the troll after midnight or get it wet. God forbid it reproduces.
  • tlgondek1
    tlgondek1 Posts: 7 Member
    Why are you following other men around to the point that you know if they've worked out or not? :huh: Uh, that's kinda creepy. Also, this thread made me laugh so hard.

If the OP's worst problem in life is this, then I would like to trade places.
  • 4jamaica
    4jamaica Posts: 69 Member
    My friend uses her gym only to shower--she runs to work and since the gym is right at her office, it makes sense for her just to shower there.
  • is anyone going to back me up on this?
    i know most americans have a "ME ME ME" attitude
    but there has to be some of us left still out there?
    i will always think of what is good for everyone involved before i do something for myself
    i just cant imagine using a private gym shower during peak morning work commuter hours if im not working out
    this isnt about just the gym. its about this mindset that permeates every facet of society
  • tlgondek1
    tlgondek1 Posts: 7 Member
    is anyone going to back me up on this?
    i will always think of what is good for everyone involved before i do something for myself
    i just cant imagine using a private gym shower during peak morning work commuter hours if im not working out
    this isnt about just the gym. its about this mindset that permeates every facet of society

This post sounds an awful lot like "ME ME ME" attitude. Except that you're the "ME" in question.

Seriously, if you allot enough time each day for your own shower, who cares if someone else is using something that he paid for? If he had exercised, he'd still be showering, so what's the difference? How does this actually hurt you?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    is anyone going to back me up on this?

The guy using his gym membership to shower is a nationalist problem?
  • TemikaThompson
    TemikaThompson Posts: 222 Member
    STOP HATING! As long as they are not using your shower, then you shouldn't worry about it. Since you use your own shower why do you even care. You just pissed me off! You don't know WHAT there situation IS! YOu can use the treadmill, the weights, or the freaking shower! It's all included!
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    They should report a creeper watching their every move.