Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Will you log foods on Thanksgiving or no?

123457»

Replies

• nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm the chef and the only guest, so I'm logging. It's already logged, actually:

8 ounces tofurky roast
    16 ounces garlic mashed potatoes
    1/3 recipe cranberry orange sauce
    2 cups roasted butternut squash
    1 sprouts super fruit muffin
    =
    2009 calories
  • silverblaze55
    silverblaze55 Posts: 14 Member
    I made the green bean casserole today (with cream of mushroom soup from scratch) and built the recipe as I went. Also did the recipe for the cornbread, and will be doing one for the deviled eggs tomorrow (my dad is probably making them, I've already told him "weigh and write down EVERYTHING!!!").
    Everything else I eat is simple - mashed cauliflower, baked sweet potato, turkey (cooked in an oil-less fryer), spiral cut honey baked ham. And, it'll just be me and my parents, so having the food scale right next to my plate won't be too disruptive. :D
    So, yes, I will be logging. If I wasn't able to build the recipes accurately and such, I probably wouldn't bother tho.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Yeap, just another day. My food for the day is already planned, prepped and in containers in the fridge.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    edited November 2017
    Yes! This is my first Thanksgiving since I started counting calories and I’m too curious to not count.

In past years I’ve stressed out over thinking that holiday food was going to ruin my goals. I was so naive! That stress would even trigger throwing my goals out the window for holiday bingeing. Thank goodness for calorie counting - I will know where my body is at, and not stress if I go over my goal for one day. I’ve been at this long enough that I know it won’t wreck my overall plan.
  • TheHawk007
    TheHawk007 Posts: 270 Member
    Yes, but I may not like it

Or, perhaps not eat until Sunday......
  • Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    anwade01 wrote: »
    Do you plan on logging your meals this Thanksgiving? I’d love to see your answers!

I did log my