Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    OuchArtist wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    As long as you meet the daily requirements of your vitamins and minerals, then you are good to eat carbs, if your diet is poor in nutrients then you WILL gain weight, the least you can do if you consume carbs is getting so much pottasium, and chromium, especially potassium, which acts as a sugar regulator, in addition to many other important roles such as preventing muscle breakdown, muscle building, etc..

How would a person gain weight, on a nutrient poor diet, if they are still in a calorie deficit?

Calories in, calories out concept is outdated, deficiency in essential nutrients affects your hormonal health, you don't have to believe me, but I tried it for myself and had to learn it the hard way.

So if I was underweight and desperately wanted to gain, what would I eat so I didn't have to stuff my face? Just sugar? A few bags of Skittles a day? You should come to the gaining section to share your knowledge to all the hard gainers who struggle

Best strategy would be eating as frequently as you could, maybe every 2-3 hours, and eat starchy foods like potatoes, black rice, oats,etc...
    Stay active and incorporate weightlifting to maintain your body composition even when you become thicker.

I eat frequently.. I eat all the carbs (including bread, rice, potatoes, pasta, candy).. if I don't eat a certain number of calories over time.. I don't gain.. is something wrong with me?? :p
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I upped my carbs for weight loss because fiber helps me feel full longer.
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    BUT . . . carbs are the devil! JK! Congratulations on your success! :)
  • OuchArtist
    OuchArtist Posts: 41 Member
    As long as you meet the daily requirements of your vitamins and minerals, then you are good to eat carbs, if your diet is poor in nutrients then you WILL gain weight, the least you can do if you consume carbs is getting so much pottasium, and chromium, especially potassium, which acts as a sugar regulator, in addition to many other important roles such as preventing muscle breakdown, muscle building, etc..

How would a person gain weight, on a nutrient poor diet, if they are still in a calorie deficit?

Calories in, calories out concept is outdated, deficiency in essential nutrients affects your hormonal health, you don't have to believe me, but I tried it for myself and had to learn it the hard way.

So if I was underweight and desperately wanted to gain, what would I eat so I didn't have to stuff my face? Just sugar? A few bags of Skittles a day? You should come to the gaining section to share your knowledge to all the hard gainers who struggle

Best strategy would be eating as frequently as you could, maybe every 2-3 hours, and eat starchy foods like potatoes, black rice, oats,etc...
    Stay active and incorporate weightlifting to maintain your body composition even when you become thicker.

I eat frequently.. I eat all the carbs (including bread, rice, potatoes, pasta, candy).. if I don't eat a certain number of calories over time.. I don't gain.. is something wrong with me?? :p

Have you checked for alien ancestry?
    Must be really high metabolism and hormonal activity.. are you up for trying 2-3 cups of olive oil each day? Morocan brides have a tradition of ingesting too much olive oil before marriage to attain a thicker and curvier body and this has been working for them for ages.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    You're here and your carb. Hmm, doesn't rhyme. Whatever. You're out and proud. Yeah for you.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member

Have you checked for alien ancestry?
    Must be really high metabolism and hormonal activity.. are you up for trying 2-3 cups of olive oil each day? Morocan brides have a tradition of ingesting too much olive oil before marriage to attain a thicker and curvier body and this has been working for them for ages.

Yea I'm pretty sure I'd gain weight eating an extra 4000+ cals a day.. haha. But loads of olive oil..not carbs.. hmm.. interesting