Is running the only way?

13»

Replies

• SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    I run with my dog to warm up before I do my workout
  • candifeola
    candifeola Posts: 305 Member
    I have a love/hate relationship with running but it's been the quickest way to see results for me.
  • manhn1
    manhn1 Posts: 137 Member
    Running is certainly not the only way.

I only started running after I lost the weight. I did a lot of classes--cardio kickbox, bootcamp and step, in particular.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    I've lost 21 pounds and have never run once in my life. Well, not since I was forced to in junior high gym class. I detest, loathe, despise, and abominate running. I walk, I do cardio videos, I hula-hoop, I swim, I do the rowing machine, I do circuit training videos, I lift light-medium weights. No running ever.
  • Rock Climbing and the rowing machine are among my faves.
  • Healthy_Chelsea
    Healthy_Chelsea Posts: 8 Member
    LIFT!
    Weight training is the best - research how you can use it to your advantage e.g. lift heavy small reps for muscle growth. Lift light higher reps for shredding.

You don't need typical cardio at all - bodyweight exercises can get your heart rate up just as effectively.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    I believe the only way is to find exercise that you love to do!! That will keep you motivated to stick with it. For me it happens to be running, but whatever it is you have to enjoy it. Weight loss is about consistency, lifestyle change, long term thing so try different things and see what works for you.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Running is really a poor investment in time in terms of fat loss, the actual fat loss really comes from a caloric deficit, weight training is definitely a better choice.

Sure, but lifting deprives you of the opportunities to kick snarling, ankle biting dawgs & cuss drivers.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    I've lost 21 pounds and have never run once in my life. Well, not since I was forced to in junior high gym class. I detest, loathe, despise, and Obominate running. I walk, I do cardio videos, I hula-hoop, I swim, I do the rowing machine, I do circuit training videos, I lift light-medium weights. No running ever.

Fixed it for ya! LOL