What food can you ABSOLUTELY NOT HAVE in your house?

12346»

Replies

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Ben and Jerrys Ice Cream... Pretty much any flavor!
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Humpty Dumpty Sour Cream and Onion Ripple Potato Chips. *drooling*
  • walzllw
    walzllw Posts: 105 Member
    Milk Duds!
  • inkydnk3
    inkydnk3 Posts: 62 Member
    Ice Cream and cheese puffs!
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Peanut butter.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.

cookies_Funny_Exam_Answers-s240x155-114001-550.jpg
  • MinatoandClover
    MinatoandClover Posts: 160 Member
    Buckwheat. My boyfriend's allergic.

I don't like the idea of cutting out entire foods. I've done it before in the past and it only results in me going way overboard in a moment of weakness. I think allowing myself the choice exercises a lot more control than putting a ban on something until I can't stand it anymore. That way, I can make wise choices (having one cookie) rather than impulsive ones (inhaling the entire bag.)

I've noticed by allowing myself choices along with having a calorie limit, I tend to make better choices just due to food banking. To me, the large salad, low-calorie crisps and a sandwich are more worth it to me than a handful of nachos, because eating lower calorie meals allows you to eat a greater volume of food, which makes me feel fuller. For that reason, I don't -want- to eat the greasy, fatty foods, because I know that it's not going to fill me up for what my calorie limits are. But having the choice allows me not to want it, as counter intuitive as that may sound. Anyway, I might be blithering at this point, but that's basically why I don't like the idea of banning foods. At least, for me. If it works for you and helps you stay on track, though, go for it.
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Nutella, it's a bad trigger food containing both a nuttiness with chocolate and an overload of sugar. So yeah, it's not allowed in.

Chocolate Peanut-Butter Poptarts... they're quick grab eats loaded with sugar, so I'd rather avoid seeing them and being tempted.
  • elledeery
    elledeery Posts: 866
    I totally forgot about my obsession with spinach dip and mini pita rounds for dipping, I could eat a bag of rounds and a container of dip if I was left alone!
  • beepermad
    beepermad Posts: 198
    Absolutely anything delicious.
  • smikulicz
    smikulicz Posts: 15 Member
    Nacho Cheese Doritos!!
  • Gismos
    Gismos Posts: 15
    Lays Potato Chips
  • Gatus98
    Gatus98 Posts: 93 Member
    Have you tried PB2? I'm a peanut butter junkie, too, and that stuff saves me! I dip apples and celery into it, and it tastes pretty good.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Beluga caviar: It's just too expensive. I will absolutely not have it in my house because I will absolutely not pay that much for it.