Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Groups Weekly Weigh In Group
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

December Goals

tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83 Member, Premium Posts: 8,834 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8,834 Member
I found it very useful to record my goals last month and to see how I got on with them, I killed some, achieved others 90% of the time, failed others and found some unrealistic. So I am at it again for December, no reason why the holiday season should knock me off track, it didn't last year when I started out :)

0as078gsmhq9.jpg

I will post up weekly with a summary of how I am doing.

What are your goals for December?
edited November 2017

Replies

• cosmonewcosmonew Member Posts: 554 Member Member Posts: 554 Member
    Nice goals! December will be difficult, going on our first ever cruise.
    I do plan to do the following in December
    Walk 15,000 steps per day
    drink 8 glasses of water per day
    run 20 miles per week outdoor or on treadmill, elliptical miles also count
    have one long run 6-8 miles (1 x per week)
    stick to 21 day fix nutrition plan (except for during my cruise)
    Sleep, not a problem for me
    read from motivaional book 5 minutes a day
    do a strength training workout 5 x's a week

edited November 2017
  • tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83 Member, Premium Posts: 8,834 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8,834 Member
    cosmonew wrote: »
    Nice goals! December will be difficult, going on our first ever cruise.
    I do plan to do the following in December
    Walk 15,000 steps per day
    drink 8 glasses of water per day
    run 20 miles per week outdoor or on treadmill, elliptical miles also count
    have one long run 6-8 miles (1 x per week)
    stick to 21 day fix nutrition plan (except for during my cruise)
    Sleep, not a problem for me
    read from motivaional book 5 minutes a day
    do a strength training workout 5 x's a week

Great goals, look forward to seeing how you get on!
  • brittdee88brittdee88 Member Posts: 1,935 Member Member Posts: 1,935 Member
    My ONLY goal for December is to make it a binge-free month! If I can stick to not binging, that will make a world of difference in the quality of my life.
  • tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83 Member, Premium Posts: 8,834 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8,834 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    My ONLY goal for December is to make it a binge-free month! If I can stick to not binging, that will make a world of difference in the quality of my life.

That's a pretty good goal @brittdee88 and one that is sure to be a challenge given the time of year - good luck and keep us posted with how you get on!
    How is everyone getting on with their goals so far?
  • Kamille68Kamille68 Member Posts: 48 Member Member Posts: 48 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »

Hello want to join this group.
    But because I've had a surgery 3 weeks ago I'm not allowed to do sports until the end of this month.
    So a binge-free month looks like a good challenge for me too.
    l6dottujom72.jpg

Insights from results:
    • Steps are going well, one lazy-ish day - had a bit of a sofa day on Saturday with cramps
    • TV time has been much easier to keep a handle on this month.
    • Sleep & Water - kept on top of these.
    • Strength Training & Yoga - missed one session, to focus on going forward.
    • Diary Accuracy - tightened up my logging so that is much better.
    • Calorie Goal - a little over (80 cals above my window), I tend to eat more at maintenance around shark week, so not much of a surprise and although I didn't hit my goal I am happy enough with that.
    • Run/Hikes - Ran twice and Hiked once so all good there.
    • Protein Intake - it has been fairly easy to increase my intake so pleased with that too.

Room for improvement: Strength Training & Yoga.
  • Kamille68Kamille68 Member Posts: 48 Member Member Posts: 48 Member
    wp1cl78810lo.jpg

Insights from results:
    • Beginning of the festive outings made it a little more difficult to get steps in this weekend, but overall I've been more active than usual the rest of the week so happy with the average daily count for the week.
    • Haven't watched much TV during the week at all so that wasn't too challenging.
    • Fitness goals all pretty much on target, just need to get more yoga in.
    • Diary accuracy was good but could be better on the weekend, there was a lot of eating out this weekend. Calorie goal, slightly over again but not by much.
    • Protein Intake, think it's higher than it seems which is down to takeaway and eating out options not being particularly accurate but still hit my target for the week.
    1f0gnbuuif49.jpg

Insights from results:
    • Pulled steps back on track by the end of the week
    • Not much sofa time, hydration mostly on target,
    • Sleep wasn't great, been a bit out of routine since Christmas party on Monday which has contributed to eating at maintenance for the week. A little under on protein too.
    • Exercise efforts were pretty poor.
    • Lots of stuff to work on for next week
  • laurenebargarlaurenebargar Member Posts: 1,568 Member Member Posts: 1,568 Member
    Im definitely doing this for January! Making my excel sheet now!
  • chris_in_calchris_in_cal Member Posts: 717 Member Member Posts: 717 Member
    Everyone ready for December?
    @chris_in_cal I certainly am. It's a challenging time - I'm in temporary accommodation (student digs) whilst our lovely apartment is being renovated. Hoping the 3 flights of stairs, the lack of parking and easy access to the city market will make this a positive experience for my weight loss.

I am continuing my lockdown challenge for the next 2 weeks. I've kept it simple:

1) 30 mins of exercise
    2) Logging all my food
    3) Avoiding easy bingeable food when shopping.

What are your December goals?
  • nexangelusnexangelus Member Posts: 2,078 Member Member Posts: 2,078 Member
    Am so ready for December and fingers are crossed for gyms opening back up next week and staying open no matter the viral situation....they are debating the petition to keep gyms open this avo at 4.30 p.m.

Here are my goals:

*keep training hard
    *complete the 8 week shoulder hypertrophy sessions
    *keep logging everything food wise
    *keep up the short runs
    *keep drinking at least 4 litres of water per day
    Along with covid-19 my weight has risen exponentially since April. Here are my December 2020 goals, humble though they may be.
    • Do not gain one single ounce of weight in December. End it the same or lower
    • 8K steps every day.
    • *slightly* long runs every Sunday. 12/6, 12/13, 12/20, 12/27

et voilà!
  • ytai_cytai_c Member Posts: 35 Member Member Posts: 35 Member
    It's summer here in Australia. Yesterday was 100 Fahrenheit so committing to more walking outside shouldn't be too hard most of the time.

My goals:

- End the month under 220 lbs ... then keep it there through January, but that will be another goal in a different month. :smile:
    - Log all my meals for at least 20 days in December (that's for 5 days a week)
    - Walk an average of 8k per day
    I think I might do a countdown challenge again this year.

8ufvxlov8hd2.jpg
  • Dante_80Dante_80 Member Posts: 192 Member Member Posts: 192 Member
    One goal this month, I want to achieve a 50kg/110lb overall loss milestone in 1.1.2021. So, I have to lose 4.1kg/9lb in December, while also going through the holiday family eating bonanza unscathed.

It's a challenge, but I'll take it!!
    edited November 2020
    • Do not gain one single ounce of weight in December. End it the same or lower
    • 8K steps every day.
    • *slightly* long runs every Sunday. 12/6, 12/13, 12/20, 12/27

My glorious December plateau began this morning at 234.2 lbs.

A fourth 'Dec Goal' bullet point. Abstaining completely from my go-to trigger food, chips (aka crisps.)

Good luck with your December goals....and it is still not too late to come up with some and post them here.
  • thomasjohnlynchthomasjohnlynch Member, Premium Posts: 97 Member Member, Premium Posts: 97 Member
    I think I might do a countdown challenge again this year.

8ufvxlov8hd2.jpg

Some interesting stuff!! Well Chris not sure you wanted THIS muiich feedback but I will let it rip....in public so there is maximum peer pressure on me for the month!!!!

To TinkerBellAng83.... I just went for a stretch goal of 300,000 steps in November and walked my *kitten* off for the last two days (the opposite of binge eating I guess) with the same results.....FAIL. I missed it by 3,000 steps (~ 2.5 miles) at midnight on the 30th!!!

On to December where I see TinkerBellAng83 in the running with me on the yearly over 3 million steps (she is beating me by 300k PLUS right now) and for December she is in 11th place and I am in 36th.......kicking my butt!!!

PPPPP (proper planning prevents piss poor performance) so I need to pace myself.

So I may adopt a few of these tactics, but my main issue is the "forward facing orifice" on my face.

Dr. Michael Greger, author of “How Not to Diet,” (a book I highly recommend if you want the science and epidemiology of food and "diets") that losing weight just won't happen with poor eating. “You can't outrun a bad diet,” he said. “In a few minutes, you can wipe out a whole hour of exercise.”

Americans are exercising a LOT more but CHD, Obesity, Diabetes (type 2 and Type 3 - Alzheimers), Stroke, and Cancers are at higher levels???? Whats the difference?

Its IN and all about the Food!!! My primary tactic and goal for December is for me to get BACK to eating Whole Food Plant Based

Let's call it the FESS up program?

* Food - WFPB, no boxes or barcodes, (NO CHIPS Chris!!!!! ) no flours of processed junk or juices, whole grain if at all. Small land mines THAT NEED TO BE ELIMINATED!!! like the barrel of mixed nuts in our kitchen and the huge bucket of mini snickers and milkyway and reece cups at work (I only had 10 so what the problem @ 250 plus calories or crap???? OH my!!

* Exercise a few days per week, I have been cycling a LOT but now I have to go to the barn as its getting colder, a few days a week of calisthenics and body weight exercise is on the docket. A bit of yoga and meditation is on the list which also aides in better sleep.

* Sleep about 8 hours, and lower my Stress levels to overt catastrophe and binging and cortisol which increases fat retention.

* Stress - yes the elephant in the room. Cutting out caffeine and things like chocolate and also mint bark tea (with cocoa it turns out) help me with Sleep and hence lowers cortisol and clams my mind, pretty much not turning on the "boob tube" and cable is also a HUGE calming effect. Avoiding "drama" and political discussions or people who antagonize these discussions is also key.

~ Thomas Lynch ~

see you here this month on MFP of course: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/thomasjohnlynch

email: [email protected]
    family website: www.L-Y-N-C-H.com

I am on Garmin Connect if you want to "follow" each other... https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/ThomasJohnLynch

Also Strava where most of my indoor cycling will be going although Strava and Garmin have an API to MyFitnessPal so the calories out and activities are cross published there as are calories consumed on MFP pushed to Garmin. https://www.strava.com/athletes/8340376

The December games have BEGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!