Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,192 Member
    >:):D
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    ydailey wrote: »
    Hi all...

My dad died Wednesday morning, and I've been in Houston since the 15th. I'll get back to normal habits eventually.

Hope you are all well and staying warm.

-Yvonne in TX

Yvonne, I am so sorry. Praying for you and your family. Big (((hugs))).

Janetr OKC
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,581 Member
    Machka, so with you and Heather about the 12 days of Christmas. If I had a tree I'd keep it up til Epiphany Jan 6 at least. My god-daughter-of-the-heart is moving her family away from the pagan additions to Christmas and toward simpler more biblical/old testament living. I don't grasp all the details but it sounds somewhat like Messianic Judaism. Chanukah, no tree or Yule celebration or even St. Nick. She did send a card that had the star and talked about the Light of the World so... will try to time mailing the fudge and cookies for the kids to arrive on Epiphany. It won't be gold, frankincense and myrrh but I'm hoping she can accept.
    Terry -15? ditto your hope it warms up at least a little for your NYE tradition ;)
    Okie 60 lbs? Well done!

Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    pg 68 bottom, getting up to wrap the last of the fudge.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,971 Member
    ydailey wrote: »
    Hi all...

My dad died Wednesday morning, and I've been in Houston since the 15th. I'll get back to normal habits eventually.

Hope you are all well and staying warm.

-Yvonne in TX

I am so sorry. Thanks for checking in and letting us know.

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,581 Member
    edited December 2017
    Kelly re: Cilantro, I'd as soon eat Irish Spring ;) but my relationship was with a cement smoother not a wooden spoon. Tell us about your pretzels? Joaquin and Chappie are soo lucky in you!
    DJ , Wendy is right. Bad moods are as contagious as the crud that's going around. Removing yourself to your room is like a safe quarantine or sanctuary. Well done!
    Beth coin outside on the windowsill, eh? Worth a try ;)
    DrKatiebug "Old Christmas"=Epiphany? What tradition was your Grandma's? Alas, I'm with Machka and Evvie about organizing my office/craft space. Too many boxes to go through. Too much stuff. Too overwhelming.

pg 69 bottom, but this is as far as I'll get tonight.

Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, theSouthern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    Popping on quick before I head to bed. You ladies were busy today! I love it!

Barbie: Love your happiness commandments! Thank you for sharing. I copied them (hope you don't mind) and I'm going to tweak them for my life.

Penny: I LOVE those pictures you posted! I wondered what the lights were half way up the mountain...how exciting to learn it's Santa's house! ;)

DrKatieBug: I just ordered a bullet journal and have been looking at them on Pinterest. I plan to start working on mine tomorrow. Thank you so much for sharing what you have. I found it really interesting. I love to journal. I like to write. So, I think this will be a good thing for me to do to keep track of everything. I'm a "list" person. I'll be interested in hearing how you use it and how you like it. I don't have a clue where to even start!!!

Yvonne: I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. HUGS to you and yours.

I was wondering....does Mary from Minnesota still post on here? Last I heard, she was moving to Arizona I think? Just wondered how she is doing.

I can't remember who mentioned my husband and I getting married on New Year's Eve for the tax break, but I laughed because I do think that is one of the reasons my husband pushed me into that date! LOL! It's not the whole reason, but knowing him it had something to do with it.

Tracie in the -20 degree frozen tundra of Wisconsin
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Yvonne, sorry about your father's passing. s6x36jk7b3kl.gif
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 861 Member
    Yvonne, condolences on the loss of your father. Losing our parents is tough, they are the people who have always been there for us. I hope you can find some comfort knowing he's no longer in pain. HUGS to you.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,443 Member
    edited December 2017
    Goals for 2017 ... and my comments about how they've gone :)

Cycle more than 2016. 2016's total was 5760.76 km. I want to cycle more than that in 2017.
    ...... Check! 6365 km

Complete Petite Year Round Randonneur. This is a challenge where we have to do a 100 km ride each month for a total of 1200 km. There is some flexibility in that we can do 50 km one month and 150 km the next to make up for it, but most of the time it should be a 100 km ride. The challenge started in November (that's when the Audax/Randonneuring year starts), so I've done 3 already.
    ...... Check! All 12 and we went over the 1200 km minimum

In the past, I've done several CAM challenges (Century A Month, where I ride a 100 mile ride each month of the year), and would like to do that again, but realistically, with full-time work + university, I'm not sure I can commit to that schedule. However, I would like to do as many centuries as possible. Good training rides.
    ...... Check! All 12! And we actually did an additional 2 for a total of 14.

Complete Super Randonneur. A Super Randonneur is Audax/Randonneuring's standard series and the series which is required to qualify for longer rides in most cases. It consists of one ride each of 200 km, 300 km 400 km, and 600 km, each of which has to be completed within a certain time limit.
    ...... Completed three 200Ks and one 300K in BRM events + another 200K as a Permanent.

Complete a 1000 km randonnee. This might be a long-shot. However, if the 600 km event goes well, there is a 1000 km 2 weeks later.
    ...... Unfortunately no. Ended up with the Great Flu of 2017 instead.

One 1000 km month.
    ...... Two of them! March: 1002.7 km & April 1111.5 km

Cycle up Mt Wellington again.
    ...... Yep in February!

Cycletouring.
    ...... We did some hub-and-spoke style touring but that was it this year.

Walk a minimum of 1000 km, but hopefully beat last year's total of 1133 km.
    ...... 1300 km of walking & running!!

Hike up a mountain or two.
    ...... Two as a matter of fact! Lake Louise and Whistler Mountain in Jasper

Include some extra stuff like rowing, canoeing, weightlifting and maybe a bit of yoga. Improving my core strength and flexibility would probably be a good thing.
    ...... I've been dabbling at rowing, weightlifting, and core work …. but it does need to become more regular

Complete at least 2 more courses at university.
    ...... Yes!

Figure out what I want to do with my website ... and do it!
    ...... No! Still thinking about that.

Travel ... of course. That's always on the list.
    ...... Yes! A month in Canada plus travel all over Tasmania.

Machka in Oz
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Yvonne:- So sorry to hear your sad news. X

Karen UK
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Yvonne,sending sympathy. Losing a parent is never easy.
    Mine died too many yrs ago & is still mentioned & missed.

Pat in Ohio
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,596 Member
    Yvonne - My best wishes to you. <3

Hoping to have a quiet day today with absolutely delicious food and drink. We will watch Big Ben and the London fireworks on TV and then go to bed.

DH is still finishing off his latest novel this morning, but I am going to start my revisions etc tomorrow. It's good to have fresh eyes when I get back to it. It's all printed out for a read through. I hope DH will read it for typos etc.

My word for 2018 is borrowed from one of you - STRETCH. :D Publishing my memoir will be a stretch and, if we ever sell the house, so will moving to Hove. I will definitely be out of my comfort zone, which is good. So good to be still stretching at 68. :D

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    YVONNE so sorry to hear about your Dad

Kate UK <3