Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

1919293949597»

Replies

• RubyRed427RubyRed427 Member Posts: 3,234 Member Member Posts: 3,234 Member
    I can't imagine how hard it would be to declutter your child's belongings. I could just weep for this friend.

I do know that the reason we keep our things is for sentimental reasons; they represent certain times in our life we want to remember.
    I read that. My ex has all of his college notebooks; it probably is hard to throw away due to the hard work he put in and perhaps even enjoying that time of his life.

Regarding your child's belongings , I like someone's ideas of taking pictures. Maybe create a scrapbook - either digital or paper.
  • RubyRed427RubyRed427 Member Posts: 3,234 Member Member Posts: 3,234 Member
    debilang wrote: »
    Moved hopefully for the last time to our retirement dream home. Decluttering? YES! Both material and processed sugar!!!...going on 40th day on processed sugar...and feel sooo good!! Wishing everyone the BEST when decluttering whatever you need to :) It is refreshing and cleansing!! Thanks for this thread!!!

You inspired me! Sugar free is a great place to be. I have been nibbling gummy bears when I am stressed.
  • debilangdebilang Member, Premium Posts: 897 Member Member, Premium Posts: 897 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    . Decluttering? YES! Both material and processed sugar!!!...going on 40th day on processed sugar...a

You inspired me! Sugar free is a great place to be. I have been nibbling gummy bears when I am stressed.

@rubyred I am HAPPY to inspire...but I did feel a tinge of craving when you mentioned you eat gummy bears when stressed...OMG...*love* gummy bears...but if you try getting off processed sugar, it is only the first few days that are the biggest threat...but gets easier afterward!! :)
  • Hearts_2015Hearts_2015 Member Posts: 12,059 Member Member Posts: 12,059 Member
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Member Posts: 2,011 Member Member Posts: 2,011 Member
    @Alexandra...I *love* the questions you ask about each item you decide to keep or discard. If you don't mind I will adopt the same questions. I have read a LOT of books on decluttering, and just like anything...one has to be READY!! We just move to our, hopefully, last home, bar the unseen...but plan to be here 30 more years...as my husband and I playfully joke. But time to get ALL the boxes unpacked, sent to goodwill (most of it), cause time to ENJOY our home! I *had* to declutter the sugar, though. I really don't get tempted anymore with sweets! My goal is taking a blood test that don't say my Triglycerides are soaring!! I need to get off the cholesterol med...it is making me lose memory, and I do not like that!! That is a side effect I can do without! Anyway, thanks for your pondering questions, and "recomping and losing inches"...that says more than the weight loss IMHO!! (smile)

Why, thank you! I was raised in a faith tradition that used what they called Queries to have people examine their faith and practice. Things like "What steps towards combatting inequality have you taken in the last month?" It doesn't tell you. It just asks you to think about it, and you figure out yourself what it is you ought to be doing more of.

And for me, making a home is a religious thing. It's what I've taken as my career, my daily work, and so to make it clean and orderly is a moving active prayer and witness for me.