Dieting with alcohol

2»

Replies

• MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Limit your alcohol to weekends and holidays.
  • sadie552118
    sadie552118 Posts: 1 Member
    I do the same as jellyroll said above, i figure in my alcohol calories, i drink vodka and soda water with a splash of cranberry juice. light and low on calories .
  • taylormclean21
    taylormclean21 Posts: 3 Member
    I always lose weight when I “try” (counting calories) and I’m a daily drinker. I always log the calories from any drinks or food, no matter if it’s alcohol or something else. It ALL counts. I drink light beer, craft beer, lots of red wine, vodka, and occasionally shoot whiskey with my husband. Still lose weight if I come in in under my calories for the week. Planning and counting is key if you want to keep drinking.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    I've lost 22lbs since August 1st and drank at least 2-3 days week. You just need to fit the booze into your calories. Which may mean eating less. You learn to work around it.

Now, before I started "losing", I drank mostly every day. So, I did cut back. I cut back a lot, but I never "quit" anything I liked.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    I have a repertoire of lower calories drinks that I like. In order: Skinny 'Rita, Jack and Diet Coke (no ice), Bloody Mary. One of those three is usually available. Failing that, give me a shot of something and diet soda and I'm good. Failing that, just give me a shot of something decent with no water or ice, and I'll nurse it.

The main thing for me has been to avoid beer, hard cider, and anything with fruit juice in it.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    I run for wine/beer/scotch etc.

My MFP limit to lose 1 lb per week is ~1800 calories, so I aim to eat "food" of 1800 calories and whatever I earn through exercise is my junk/alcohol calories. That way I know I'm eating well enough nutrient wise and still get to enjoy stuff.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    If I'm going out, I mix something hard with diet soda - usually I'm stuck with diet Coke, though sometimes I'll have something mixed with coffee and artificial sweetener. If I'm lucky, they'll have diet Sprite or diet ginger ale.

At home, I go for my sugar free Torani syrups and various diet sodas or sparkling waters. YUM YUM YUM!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I lost and maintained (almost 2 years) while drinking daily. I just cut back elsewhere.