Pro/Pre-biotics

I was taking plexus but the cost is now too much for me. What do yall recommend for pre/pro-biotics?

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Fermented foods have pro-biotics. Sauerkraut, kefir, kimchi, etc. Resistant starches are pre-biotics. You can easily make some resistant starch by cooking normal pasta to al dente, then refrigerating it for a day. That simple act allows the starch to convert to a resistant form which will not be digested in your small intestine. It reaches your large intestine and your biome eats it.

We are early days yet in understanding how the biome works and what it needs.
  • HoneyShabazz
    HoneyShabazz Posts: 4 Member
    Why are you taking them? I Took Fortify 30 Billion Probiotic for Women.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Prebiotics are available in plants.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjxYauok94Q
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,931 Member
    That video is a commercial.

Don't waste your time watching it, everyone.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    I don't think I've had a yeast infection since I started taking probiotics regularly @ 10 years ago. Currently taking Jarrow Formulas, Saccharomyces Boulardii + MOS, 5 Billion, 90 Veggie Caps.
  • Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    I don't take them, but to each their own.
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    omg can we just eat regular food and live. like seriously. i dont want to take anything else. water and food, can that just be enough.. geez
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Sauerkraut is delicious
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    omg can we just eat regular food and live. like seriously. i dont want to take anything else. water and food, can that just be enough.. geez

Well, it's not. I live in Massachusetts and as is common up here tested vitamin D deficient, so I supplement with that. I'm anemic, and can't possibly get all the iron I need from food alone unless I were to pound liver smoothies all the time, so supplement with iron. Etc.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Yogurt, various fermented foods. I don't know if it actually makes a difference, but I love them, so eat them.