JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Oops, I forgot to add to the Fitness Front to hit 10,000 steps today :)

FYI you can edit your original posts for up to an hour after. Just click on the Options setting (little wheel) in the upper right corner of your post. Glad to have you join us!

And welcome to all the newbies ~ the more the merrier! :D
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday November 6
    2L of Water - :/ Only 1
    Calories in Green by 150 - :/ In green by 135
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :) I didn't have any of the Halloween stuff still in my house!
    Walk 1 Mile - :/
    5 Little Somethings at Bathroom Break - >:) I am struggling to remember this one
    Write in Journal - :)
    BE Conscious of my goals - DO NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF! - :) Better than I have been since the 1st

JFT - Wednesday November 7
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Little Somethings at Bathroom Break
    Write in Journal
    BE Conscious of my goals - DO NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF!

I had a better day yesterday food wise, still didn't get any exercise in. This time change is kicking my butt! I don't know why I find this one so tiring compared to the spring. Went to bed early again last night.

I have been asked to do a craft night on Dec 3rd for a team of ladies from Alberta Health Services. I need to come up with a craft or two for them to decide what to do. I also have to paint a painting for a paint night that is next Friday night. I promised the lady that I would have this completed by this Friday.

Hubby found some barn wood for sale on Marketplace so we are buying it. I don't know what we'll use it for, but if we don't find a use we'll sell it. I'm sure it will get used though. We have to go pick it up on Saturday.

I organized our designs last night, they seemed to be spread out through our book so it was a struggle to find them when we wanted them. Hubby and I disagree about what we should do for the shows. I want to add new designs and he thinks we should go with the tried and true.... We'll see who wins this battle.

Where is @Bex953172, @PackerFanInGB, @jeschepp, @bctrai and @toaljasa? Welcome to all the new ladies.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In
    Averaged over 7 days

hq5e27qb1wan.png
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Oops, I forgot to add to the Fitness Front to hit 10,000 steps today :)

FYI you can edit your original posts for up to an hour after. Just click on the Options setting (little wheel) in the upper right corner of your post. Glad to have you join us!

And welcome to all the newbies ~ the more the merrier! :D

Thanks! This is very useful. I'm not too techy so any tip is helpful :)
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    2414 posts since I've been on here!!

I'll try to summarize why I've been MIA.
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 Oh wow, it sounds like you've been through a lot. I've only been here a couple of days and can say that it's a good place to be at. One day at a time! Wisdom at its best <3
  • MLHC1
    Options
    @MLHC1 Oh wow, it sounds like you've been through a lot. I've only been here a couple of days and can say that it's a good place to be at. One day at a time! Wisdom at its best <3

I agree this IS a good place to be! These ladies have been there for me for over a year now :D

This year I've been off-and-on posting. But I'm still here everyone! Working diligently to get back to JFT, right now I'm Just For every hour, Lol ;)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options
    Monday, November 5
    1. log all food :)
    2. get rid of the halloween candy. I think I am stronger than I really am ... an emotional nite last nite with my daughter, and one piece led to way too many. Found out our city collects the candy and sends it to the troops .. so today it will be gone! :):)
    3. concentrate on drinking water :)
    4. november challenge - red cup water, and 5 arm swings :)

I realize that today is Wednesday .... seems I missed a day lOL!!!! But the good news.... is the halloween candy is all gone!! NO .... not all eaten by me (gave to the city to send to the troops!).

Today is almost gone, so I'll post my goals for tomorrow. I have been so busy ... but I did manage to sew up 45 chemo hats to be picked up! Now, maybe I can start on some christmas gifts! We have been so busy with work though ... I guess its that time of year. So my only "therapy": time is in the evenings to sew!

My goals for tomorrow, JFT, THurs, Nov 8
    1. go to the city for tax rebates
    2. log all food
    3. concentrate on water
    4. concentrate on mindful eating
    5. Nov challenge - red cup challenge, 5 somethings
    6. go to the gym
    7. stay focused ... do not get discouraged. Get out of those 200s!

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

Welcome to all newcomers! !! So happy to have you join us! This is a hard time of year for everyone (me especially!), and the support on here is wonderful! Happy to have you join us.

Hi, I'm a newbie here, but been on MFP for over a year now. I usually hang out in the Fit2Fat Group, with the TrimStones team. I was invited to join you by Carol (CSchmitz110515), who's also on my Friends list. I began my journey at 380. I'm down 76 pounds and am at 304. I cannot WAIT to leave the 300s! Just broke a 6-week plateau.

Welcome! We are happy to have you guys join us! The purpose of this thread is to help us to stay focused, and try to develop new habits ... one habit at a time ... one day at a time. It is a great place for also venting, being accountable to someone (kinda like weight watchers in.).

MLHC1 wrote: »
    I'll try to summarize where I've been, Lol!

OMG --- welcome back!! We were all wondering how you were doing, and how is the baby doing! Wow, thats a lot you've had going on the past year. We are so happy to have you back with us!

Weekly Weigh In
    Averaged over 7 days

Great job!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Since it's been a while, and there are new folks JFTing, I'll (re)introduce myself:

I'm Carmela, 61 years young, live in Green Bay, WI with hubby, Kitty (she refuses her given name) & dog Cayenne. I have a desk job on the 3rd floor of my building & take stairs breaks at work. My main form of exercise is walking with Caye (happy dog), but I know that will change to indoor workouts once the snow arrives & I'm in danger of falling (sad me).

I usually post the same goals JFT, because it keeps me on track & accountable. I like to keep my goals simple and my list short. Some stuff is exercise & food related, other stuff is life. I recap my goals the next day, and post again. I have monthly goals that I post on JFT too. Since sometime last year, I have been posting my weekly weigh-in (Sat.) for more accountability. Actually, making my weight public like that really kick-started my weight-loss!

So that it's. Post, update, repeat! Btw, the "woo" button here is used for "awesome!"

Hope everyone has a good night, and see you tomorrow! (((Hugs))) to all the JFTers! <3
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    CHECKING IN... What's YOUR HAPPY PLACE? AND IS IT AN ACTUAL PLACE OR
    A THOUGHT, OR A PERSON?
    MINE IS A WHITE ROOM WITH PATIO STYLE GLASS DOORS WITH WHITE SHEER
    CURTAINS THAT OPEN TO A BALCONY THAT OVERLOOKS A TROPICAL SETTING OF
    FUSCIA, CORAL, PNK, AND LAVISH GREENERY. WITH HINTS OF LAVENDER, and VANILLA
    FRAGRANCE IN THE AIR. AND THE CRYSTAL CLEAR OCEAN OF TURQUOISE BLUE AND
    WHITE SEA CAPS AGAINST GLISTENING ROCKS. CANDLES ATOP GOLDEN CANDLE
    STICKS , HALOING AN IVORY AND MARBLE COLUMN KING BED. Soft jazz playing

My happy place is a thought. It is a log cabin on a lake surrounded by woods. It has a wrap around porch with wooden rocking chairs to rock and sip coffee in the morning. It has a field stone fireplace inside. The lake has loons and a dock with a fishing boat and canoe. It is quiet. It is calm. It is peace. It is my serenity. I've dreamed of having a place like this my entire life! :)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I just got caught up reading. Been MIA for several reasons. Welcome to our new JFTers! Welcome back to @MLHC1 !!! OMG! Missed you!

I'll hop back on in the morning and post some goals. Time to get serious and stop worrying about things I can't change and eating my weight in chocolate over my emotions! UGH.

So happy to be back and see all my beautiful friends! Chat more tomorrow.... :flowerforyou:
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :neutral: I was hungry and tired, ate 2 yoghurts and a hot chocolate (c. 150 kcals total, so not too bad)
    - Eat slowly and mindfully :smile:
    - 3+ bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:

- 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :/ I didn't have time
    - Finish work at 5pm :neutral: 5.15
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Read Beck Diet Solution :smile:
    - Lights out by 11 :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green with a deficit
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Run to work

- Savour every bite
    - No eating whilst standing

- 30 minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Read Beck Diet Solution
    - Pack for weekend away
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11

Current calorie balance: 10 in the green, lol
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @PackerFanInGB and @MLHC1 !!

Took an unscheduled rest day yesterday but stayed on point with food and did well at work. Logged, closed diary, then bf surprised me by turning up on my doorstep with flowers and a box of chocolates! Lovely! But yeah, we ate them all! 😬 and awake super late so no workout this morning.

Going to have to be very strict with myself today...

Wednesday goals recap
    - morning workout ❎ a mix of cold, rain-induced depression and an annoying cat led me straight back to bed!
    - Early to work - finish prepping frames for art project ✅
    - See Head re appraisal and medical appt❎
    - Water! It’s helping! Keep going ✅
    - Online shop for birthday gifts ❎
    - Take out cash ✅
    - Health food shop ❎ left work too late
    - Early night ❎

Thursday goals
    - water! Do not eat for tiredness!!
    - amazon shop
    - See head for appraisal and appt
    - Leave on time to see girls before workshop
    - Workshop at the girls’ school
    - Early night

Nearly the weekend! X
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    Okay so back from the school run!

So since I've been gone not much has happened. I stayed fairly consistent but did taper off the last few days! I missed a couple of tablets on the weekend. So I felt pretty low and now I've got them back it's taken a few days to work fully again.

Halloween was good! I took Saskia and Marley, both little witches. We only went out for half an hour because it was pretty cold and was trying to rain. And I got a phone call from the OH telling me Casey was "going off on one" lol!
    But they got an alright amount of sweets. We didn't buy any in because no one trick or treats on our road and because we were out anyway, well I was but my partner can't be bothered opening the door.

So yeah we've been pretty skint, all the big bills seemed to happen around the same time. So we got lots of money in, but lots going out! Somethings had to wait (like Internet) and food was limited so I didn't eat alot just to make sure the rest of the family were well fed.
    It got pretty tough when the dog and rabbit ran out of food 2 days before we got paid.
    The dogs been having chicken and rice and last night I saved him a portion of cottage pie. And then the rabbit had had loads of hay and veg. Fortunately the dry food he has only has to make up 10% of his diet.

Ive done okay with water but the 2 cups I normally have in the morning have been really hard. Theyre making me feel queasy. I'm thinking because it's too cold the water with the weather being colder. I dunno.

@mytime6630 I love the November Challenge. Although there's literally no room in my bathroom to do any of that. It's literally tiny. A bath, the toilet right next to that and the sink right at the end of the bath. You have to be careful bending over the bath when washing the girls incase you burn your butt on the radiator LOL.
    Sooooo..
    I'm thinking everytime I go in the kitchen I will do 5 things. And I'm going to make an aim to do 5 things 5 times a day.

Obviously missed the first few days but will join in from now!
  • MLHC1
    Options
    Thank you ALL for the warm welcome back!!

Baby boy is done with all his surgeries for now (as long as everything maintains, he should be done for good). His team of doctors recommended that I stay home with him for his first year. They feel that daycare is a risk for getting sick and we don't want him getting any upper respiratory issues. So based on that, I postponed my graduation again for another year. No worries, my little guy needs me right now. Everyone is finally doing better. All my kiddos are doing good in school finally and my husband and I are doing better. When it rains it pours, Lol!!!!

Moving forward:

I'm going to the gym (bc our house is being remodeled still and we are staying in a rental townhouse, Blah!) My goal is to go to the gym MWF and TuTh I focus of family stuff, doctor appts and meetings. I'm still not counting calories per my doctors bc I'm still breastfeeding. My goals for now do not include much weight loss focus but more exercise to improve mental health. Once I'm done breastfeeding..... Green and white diet here I come!

JFT 11/8/18:

Post JFT
    Regular family routine for normal day stuff
    Meet with university advisor
    Drink 48 oz of water
    Study / HW

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Quick run: 1 mile. Feed cats. Shower. Pack breakfast & lunch. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. November challenge - red cup and fives!
    2. Finish Week 16. Grade poetry projects; input grades. Need to RS dr appts for 2/7 as it conflicts with conference 2/7 and 2/8. Check on sub for 2/7 and 2/8 as well as 2/28 and 3/1. Dr appts March? April?
    3. Class 2-3: Finish Declaration of Independence / Declaration of Student Rights. Reflection 38. Add to class website; update class websites. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Class 4 - Reflection 37. "Mothers" video. WM ch 3. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Use ch 3 as an opportunity to summarize. Do study guide questions but summarize each section rather than writing response answers.
    5. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Review semester block. Brainstorm Malala. Brainstorm Machiavelli - assessment? CHECK WITH MOM - DID SHE CALL LIBRARY?
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments. DUMP MACARONI AND TAKE CONTAINERS HOME.
    7. Strength 4:30. Put jewelry away. Reinforce patches on old pants. Put laundry away. Look for documents: social card, birth certificate. Check grocery list. Pay tuition.
    8. Prep Thu lunch: Beef stew. Chop celery. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:20.

JFT Thursday
    1. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. November challenge: Red cup and fives!
    2. FINISH week 16. (Check standards!) Grade and input poetry projects. PARENT CALLS ABOUT MISSING WORK. Check with DK about conference. Get sub for 2/7 and 2/8. Get sub for 2/28 and 3/1. RS dr. appts for 2/7 - March? April?
    3. Class 2-3: Parallel structure mini-lesson. Check subject/object pronoun work from Wednesday. Do we need more practice? Machiavelli summaries. Make posters for Declaration of Student Rights. Reflection 39.
    4. Class 4: Pronouns practice. Reflection 38. Chapter 4 WM. Conferences about missing work.
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Continue essay. Convert research lessons to unit format. Brainstorm Machiavelli.
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments.
    7. Strength 5:30? Library for books. Get celery. Put jewelry away. Reinforce patches on old pants. Put laundry away. Look for documents: social card, birth certificate. Check grocery list. Pay tuition.
    8. Prep Fri lunch: BBQ salad. Chop celery. Prep oatmeal for breakfast. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    Today: 187

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment. Working on this with The Prince!
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October).
    4. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs, cookbook.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    11. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.

I have sprained the joint that connects my big toe with my foot. Feeling discouraged; this is going to cut back on my cardio, which means I need to cut back on eating. UGH. :( I like eating...