JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 and @Faebert Those are great ideas! I love them! I just went food shopping and stuck to my list! I only got healthy snacks too! Just some popcorn, blue chips for Matt and trail mix. And 2 lbs of grapes and a large bag of red delicious apples.

Slept in today so didn't have breakfast. I had a nice homemade salad for lunch. A fig Newton kind of thing, a small bag of popcorn as a snack, and a cup of coffee. Dinner is leftover soup and a whole wheat pita. I will probably have a beer or two and some trail mix. If I truly am hungry I'll have some grapes or an apple
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    So simple goals today
    1. concentrate on water :) I am drowning in water today ... but boy, I DO feel better!
    2. remember November challenge -- water, 10 somethings :) Leg kicks
    3. log my food :)
    4. read 1 chapter beck diet solution :/ Instead of reading, I watched several youtube videos -- my favorite are the Half Size Me ones (I think Tracie suggested this a long time ago!). They are great .... motivational!
    5. listen to calm app :) I am listening to Pandora radio while sewing -- Jim Reeves songs! (DOes that tell you how old I am - love 50s music!)
    6. work on quilt ... finish it up :) Working on it now.
    7. rest .... do not eat since I am very tired :/ Didn't do this, but it is usually around 9pm that I want to start snacking. If I am tired.... going to stay out of the kitchen!!

JFT, Tues
    1. repeat of today .... water.... stop when I am full.. mindful eating
    2. log all food
    3. listed to podcasts or youtube videos for motivation
    4. get on here and post if I want to snack
    5. protein shake in the evening if I am hungry
    6. finish up quilt so I can get out my embroidery machine ... time to start on xmas gifts!
    7. November challenge - red cup water challenge, 5 somethings.

Thank you all SO much for your words of encouragement today!! Your the best
  • mytime6630
    Options
    So I had a long post responding to so many of you... and lost it all!!!!!

But, I do think we have the best group of people on here .... so thank you all.

I love the idea of coming on here posting our meals. My problem is not the meals. ... I eat healthy all day long. My biggest problem is in the evenings. So that is when I will post... BEFORE I give into snacking and cravings, and emotional eating! I think its a great idea for all of us to stay on track during these times.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @PackerFanInGB

You know how you kept worrying whether I'd like the quilt or not lol, I've just panicked thinking "what if she doesn't like the colours I've chose!"

So to ease my mind, do you prefer bright vibrant colours or darker colours? And this is something you can use, it's not a decorative item and that's as much as I can say without giving anything away!

Ha! I STILL am worried you won't like the materials I went with, so I totally get it! LOL!

That's kind of a trick question for me because I like different colors for different things! I wear a lot of darker colors, but I'm drawn to bright colored things that I see in stores. So, I don't think you could go wrong with either one! What I would really like is for you to go with your first instinct! I'll bet it's right! :flowerforyou:
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    So I had a long post responding to so many of you... and lost it all!!!!!

But, I do think we have the best group of people on here .... so thank you all.

I love the idea of coming on here posting our meals. My problem is not the meals. ... I eat healthy all day long. My biggest problem is in the evenings. So that is when I will post... BEFORE I give into snacking and cravings, and emotional eating! I think its a great idea for all of us to stay on track during these times.

Me too! And I will also post when I’m struggling. But feel free to post the meals that have been good choices here so you can register the successes as well as the struggles. Sometimes noting down when you’ve done well and having others congratulate you can make you more determined not to slip up afterwards x
  • Faebert
    Options
    Had an ok day yesterday. Too much grazing at work but all fruit and veggies so other than some epic bloating I think I’m ok!

Monday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Early to school (Good as gold certificate for FW) ✅
    - Read with Monday group during assembly, TA prep sheets) ✅
    - Set up science stuff? ❎ moved lesson to Wednesday
    - Leave by 5 ✅ 5:05 - close enough!
    - Early night ✅

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout
    - Send note on parent workshop
    - Maths catchup and readers during assembly
    - Home at lunchtime for car
    - Hot yoga after work
    - Early night (non negotiable, parents eve Wednesday!)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Just for Monday: 11/12/18
    1. Weigh myself :)
    2. Journal every bite :)
    3. Red Cup :) / 5 somethings :sI can't seem to remember this! Darn it!
    4. 5 Fruits / Veggies :)
    5. Step goal :sPut FitBit on charger and totally forgot to put it on before I left for work! UGH. / 30-minute walk :s / 9 of 12 hours with 250+ steps :s / Up & down flight of stairs x 5 :sOnly x3 but that is 3 more than yesterday!
    6. Body :( / Mind :) / Spirit :)
    7. Sign up for 2019 benefits :)
    8. Use standing desk 30 minutes for each hour sitting :# Was just "off" today...not sick but just kind of "off"
    9. Read Chapter One of Beck's Diet Solution :smile: Started last night and will finish tonight
    10. Work: Prepare for 1:1 with my Director :) / Prepare for Meetings :) / Research the Pulse report for P. :) / Work on my self-eval for my yearly performance eval :)
    11. Get flu shot :)
    12. Be patient & kind :) / Look at facts, not "stories" :) / create a drama-free zone ;)
    13. Work on home task list :#Did nothing on it tonight. Tired and my leg was sosre today. Cold weather?
    14. Unplug by 7:00 p.m. :) (except for MFP)/ Bed 9:00 p.m. :) Going now! / Gratitude journal :) / Dodie O :) / Simple Abundance :) / read or use Calm app :)

Not one of my better days, but I've had a lot worse! @mytime6630 I'm right there with you...going in the wrong direction. I think stress takes over and something has to give...and if you are anything like me, and I think you are, then the "something" that ends up giving is self care! We need to make sure everyone else is okay, and we wear ourselves out trying to do that and have no energy for ourselves! At least that is what I've been pondering on lately... Why else would something so important to me constantly get put in the "it doesn't matter" or "I don't care anymore" pile? We are worth it! We deserve to feel good! We deserve to take care of ourselves too! Just think about how awesome we would feel if we took as good care of ourselves as we do others!!!

So...we will pick ourselves up, brush ourselves off and continue moving forward. Always looking forward...

(((HUGS)))
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Oh --- how I LOVE this group!!!! Tonite I was so tempted to go and grab some snacks. All nite I have been gulping down water to avoid eating ... why is it that I still want to go and eat something??

I've been sewing to keep busy. Then I watch another Half-size youtube video (these are usually pretty short), then drink more water. I almost went to see if hubby wanted popcorn, but it is 9:45 pm. No, I'm not tired, so I can't go to bed just yet, and there isn't anything on TV.

So, I'm on here reading again ... and you guys are SO right. We take care of everyone else. Making sure my daughter feels OK, and talk to her to try and boost her spirits. My only sibling has lung cancer, so on the phone to give him some hope. I miss my siblings. It will be 6 years ago next week that my brother took his life. Why am I doing this to myself. Why am I thinking of all the things that are making me sad.

And then I want to eat, and I read all these wonderful posts. @PackerFaninGB .... you are so right. We do deserve to be healthy, and to feel good about ourselves! We DO deserve to take as good of care of ourself as we do for other.

SO. ... its one more glass of water! And then I remembered I had frozen grapes in the freezer (I think they have been there since October, but, they are frozen). So right now, I am eating a large bowl of frozen grapes. These take a long time to eat, so that is good, and under 100 calories!

So again, thank you all so much!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    I have had an extremely productive weekend. I have read through everyone’s posts but haven’t had time to respond.
    I have ideas for paint and craft night ready to go now!8aodkvmtsrcf.jpeg
    muqmqzricuiz.jpeg
    f4n2pquj37mi.jpeg
    jqa2oqp682uf.jpeg
    rj2fus62pihj.jpeg
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Got a bunch of things to do today. I'll come back later to chat. I just want to make sure I put up my goals.

JFT 11-12-18

1. Get glasses fixed 😀Took about 90 seconds
    2. Get cup from work😀 Had to kind of break in because the bank was locked up for the weekend. I left the cup there Friday with coffee still in it meaning to take it with me. I didn't want my coworkers to show up on Tuesday morning work moldy smelly coffee while Im off
    3. Finish dishes😁 Have a few more left. Will do them before bed
    4. Go food shopping 😀
    5. Figure out dinner😀 Leftover soup that kind of turned into a casserole consistency. Lol. Still good though.
    6. Duolingo lesson 😀 Going to do this before bed. I don't want to lose my steak
    7. Fold laundry 😅 Will move this to tomorrow

Watched the Hockey Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony tonight. It's kind of a tradition Matt and I have now. I also got back into yoga tonight. It was really tough tonight. I was sweating and thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest. There was a move that I needed a prop to even attempt to do. But I had fun. I think I'm going to get up at a reasonable in the morning for some quiet coffee time and yoga while he sleeps.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I have had an extremely productive weekend. I have read through everyone’s posts but haven’t had time to respond.
    I have ideas for paint and craft night ready to go now\

Wow -- just beautiful!! I wished I lived close enough to buy some! You are very talented!!
  • Faebert
    Options
    @mytime6630 - well done! One decision at a time. Enjoy the grapes, get a good night’s sleep and maybe tomorrow replace them in the freezer so you have some for next time.

@HEGoddard0928 - laughing at you breaking into the bank to tidy up your cup! Well done on the yoga!

@snowflake1968 - beautiful!

I’m in my usual pre-workout mode of ‘I want to but I don’t want to...’ it’s so dark and cold and I just want to go back to bed. But I know I will feel good when I’m done so off I go....
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was supposed to be going for dinner with a friend, but cancelled as I was feeling shattered after the hen party weekend, and also felt like I might be coming down with a cold. I don't think the cold is happening now, but I'm still happy I cancelled as it meant I could get a much needed early night, and just rest a bit! I'm finding myself a bit exhausted at the moment - need to have plenty of rest I think.

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Make sensible choices :neutral: I ended up having 3 sweets at work. Only 120 kcals but breaking my 'no snacks at work' policy. This policy to be reinstated today!
    - 3+ bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:

- Savour every bite :smile:
    - No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Give myself credit! :/ Forgot to do this!

- 30+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - French homework :/ Decided not to attempt to do this, I will have to do it for next week. I need to give myself a break
    - Train home by 22.15 latest, ideally earlier :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :/ I was too tired by the time I remembered. I need to do this AS SOON AS I get in bed - I don't bother otherwise
    - Lights out by 11

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Run to work

- Savour every bite
    - No eating whilst standing
    - Give myself credit!

- 45 minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - 2+ of French podcast, article, book
    - Finish work at 6pm
    - Read Beck Diet Solution
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11

Current calorie balance: -150
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in:

Goal weight: 154
    October 15th: 164.25
    October 22nd: 167.25
    October 29th: 163
    November 5th: 164.25
    November 12th: 165.75

Ok, so having thought about this, I've decided I want to be at my first goal weight, or as close to it as possible, by Christmas.

My first goal weight is 159 - that's the weight at which I'm not overweight anymore.

I was thinking that I didn't have time anymore - whilst it's only around 1 lb per week, there are going to be lots of December eating and drinking events.

And then I realised: I don't HAVE to overindulge at ANY of these events. Nobody puts food and drink in my mouth at any of them. I CHOOSE to do so.

And this year, I CHOOSE not to. I CHOOSE to not be overweight anymore.

It is NOT inevitable that I will 'end up' overindulging. Just because I often have in the past, doesn't mean I will now. As @Faebert said, we are different people from the people who got us here.

Anyone want to join me in refusing to let December derail everything? :smile:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,067 Member
    Options
    @slittlemeister definitely joining you on the not letting December derail me

The way I do it is I eat sensibly through out December BUT Christmas day all limits are off lol!
    That is my ultimate award, stuff my face with all the chocolate and Christmas Dinner I can lol!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Right @mytime6630 let's get you sorted for today!

I believe you when you say your day time eating is fine. SO, if you can, save yourself around 200 calories more than you usually do for tonight.
    Then prep some snacks! Like the grapes, chopped carrot, anything really low calories but make sure you have a selection and put one "treat" in there like a couple of squares of chocolate and make a note of what the calories are for each item, put it all in a tupperware in the fridge ready for later, so when you open it, if you don't feel like grapes you can have the carrot instead. Fill your water bottle and get it in the fridge too.
    And you're prepped for the evening, you can't go wrong! The only things that youre allowed is what's in your snack box.

I always want to say well done for last night.
    You took control, YOU decided, not your emotions. And you did amazingly well and you should be proud of that!
    That is the kind of determination you need to have every day.

Do what YOU want, not what your EMOTIONS want.

You could always ask yourself before you get a snack "do I want this? Or do my emotions want this?"
    You need to separate the two!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    JFT Tues.
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - November Challenge
    - Tidy the house
    - Put away laundry
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I have no clue where my weekly weigh in is soooo I'll just start from today.

1st Oct: 181
    12 Oct: 176 (I moved the scale lol!)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. Rest day - no run. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Submit Week 16; Parent calls about missing work during Pride time. Check with KW about data.
    3. Class 2-3: Machiavelli simplified paraphrases. SURVEY. Reflection 36 for homework.
    4. Class 4 - Reflection 39. SURVEY. Read two articles, write Works Cited entries, and compare their perspectives. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Need progress reports!
    5. Input presentation grades. Brainstorm Machiavelli. Brainstorm Malala. Write discussion post. Review project.
    6. Check on unit plans; do they need to be revised? Move Socratic Seminar to next week.
    7. Meeting after school. Zumba 5:30. Meetup 6:30? Look for documents: social card, birth certificate.
    8. Prep Tue lunch: Saag. Chop celery. Prep cheese. PACK LUNCH. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Tuesday
    1. No run. Feed cats. Shower. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Parent calls about missing work. Draft week 17. PUT PROGRESS REPORTS ON BOARD. Grade & input Halloween responses. WRITE DISCUSSION POST. Review project.
    3. Class 2-3: AP lesson 27; finish paraphrases if needed. Grammar work? Reflection 40. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Class 4 - Reflection 40. Article comparison. WM ch 5. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles).
    5. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block.
    6. Write discussion responses.
    7. Email conference to make sure Z has the early rate.
    8. Prep Wed lunch - BBQ salad. Chop celery. Prep oatmeal for breakfast. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    Today: 188.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment. Working on this with The Prince!
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    4. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs, cookbook.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Create poetry project using Those Winter Sundays, Sonnet 18, and Sonnet 30.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    11. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background.
  • MLS1582
    MLS1582 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It's been a minute, but I've learned that the most important thing after falling down is getting back up, so here I am again.

JFT - Tuesday
    Track everything
    Keep it under 1500 calories