JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Yesterday wasn't great food wise, although it could have been worse. I don't know about anyone else but I feel like every day is a battle not to give into the urge not to just relax into Christmas mode and eat continually. I think this is what happens when you have three Christmas parties when you still have a week to go!

I guess this is where the JFT mentality can really come in handy. Don't think about all the temptations of the next two weeks...just think about TODAY, and what you're going to do within it.

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :/
    - Stick to food plan :/
    - Be in the green :/
    - 3+ bottles water :/
    - No alcohol :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :/
    - Monitor fullness after each meal :/
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :/
    - Give myself credit! :/

- Finish work at 6pm latest :smile:
    - Read Beck Diet Solution :smile:
    - Prep for second interview :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :/ Forgot again
    - Lights out by 11 :smile:

Today will be challenging - at the end of the day I have my team 'wine and cheese' mini party. I'm not sure if I have mentioned before, but cheese is a MASSIVE weakness for me - more than chocolate. The event is going to replace dinner, but there is still a danger that I will consume massive amounts of calories. I will need a strategy to avoid that!

Today's commitments:

- No snacks outside meals
    - Take sensible portions of cheese
    - Eat slowly
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness throughout
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Leave event by 7, absolute latest (6.30 if started earlier)

- 4 bottles water
    - One glass of wine only
    - Give myself credit!

- Run to work
    - 1 hour lunch break
    - Interview prep
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Options
    Goals for Mon: Recap
    - 8 glasses of water ❎
    - Be in the green❓
    - Exercise (maybe)❎
    - Take meds ✔️

So I has 6 waters, more than half which is good.
    I didn't log so no idea about being in the green
    I didn't exercise but I did put maybe so it doesn't really matter.

I had a sick free day yesterday

So goals for Tues
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green (and log)
    - Exercise (again maybe)
    - Weigh in..
    - Tidy up
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Duo. Blog post. Still need to set up with gastro. TAKE SHOES. GRADE GRADE GRADE.
    2. Review S2 plans and compare to S1 plans / notes. Check absences and compare to plans. Check on barn order with K. Check on Plex with C. Continue updating poetry quiz. Check on IXL account? Call library and check on button-maker.
    3. Class 3: Exam prep. Grade Prince analyses. Students finished? Alphabetize work.
    4. Class 2 & 4: Final exams. Create student list (w/ classes & grades) for S2
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. WRITE A DOGGONE POST. Plan article on building up to public speaking for EJ.
    6. Strength 4:30. Zumba 5:30. LIBRARY. Check in with B. Check in with parents.
    7. Prep Tue lunch: Beef stew. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45, devices off by 9:00, alarm set for 5:00. Look for low prices on eyepins and crimp beads.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Dishes. Tea! Log 1 item. Duo. Blog post. Call gastro and set up appt - 2/7? TAKE SECRET SANTA GIFT!
    2. GRADE ALL THE THINGS. Rework & reprint button designs. Print semester calendar.
    3. Class 3 - Final exams! Take the protein shakes home! MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL CORDS. Take orange lit book home.
    4. WRITE A BLOG POST DARNIT. I don't know why I can't manage this. I just stare at the page.
    5. DoT p 25-50. Grade. Grade. Grade.
    6. Nibble celery. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Zumba 5:30. Check on signup at Y. Library - pick up book. Find some black thread and stitch up the computer bag.
    8. Put laundry away. Update Goodreads Friday.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Look for low prices on eyepins and crimp beads.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    November: 188.2
    Today: 192.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" at thrift stores.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Find out if a second masters pays the same as an EdS (email HH). Revise Machiavelli Prince Analysis - Part 1 paraphrased explanation, Part 2 quote & leader choice & explanation, part 3 reflection.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

Ugh. I have GOT to weigh and measure. :( The scale number just keeps going up. :(
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Recap M 12/17 ~ Since roads are (mostly) ice-free, I can walk dog before work/sunrise again... although a little out of the habit of 5:30 alarm, to allow time to don all the layers & gear. :D Surprising how quickly that habit fails me ~ maybe b/c I'm really not a morning person?
    1) Walked dog 3.52 mi 1:01:31 = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings (didn't do any over the weekend) = Fitbit 16,521 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! & 62 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / no snack after supper / net calories green / 14c water = Ack! Ack! Ack! Soup & salad supper were not enough so I ate some dried apple slices. Then I made popcorn. THEN I ate peanut M&Ms. >:) Net calories -638 :s , sodium -909 (yikes), sugar -68 >:) , fiber & protein excellent, 14c water
    4) Evening: put away Schwan's delivery :smiley: / write cards :smiley: finally finished 8:45 / wash dishes :/ / maybe decorate (nearly done) :/
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:15 :smiley: (walk dog T before work)

JFT T 12/18
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.6 mi 1:05:36 / stretched = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings
    3) Snacks & meals prelogged / NO snack after supper ~ make sure I eat enough fiber & protein / net calories green / 14c water
    4) PA-CA project summarization & folders (maybe during webinar)
    5) To-do's: mail cards / complete donations / make chicken salad for hubby / finish decorating / wash dishes / other?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:15 (walk dog W before work)
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Monday, 12/17/19)
    1) Log all my food for the day :)
    2) Go to the gym :)
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke :)
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake :)

JFT (Tuesday, 12/18/19)
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Go to the gym
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having a Diet Coke
    4) Stay "in the green" with my calorie intake
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    JFT - Monday December 17
    2L of water - 1.75 I think
    Calories in Green - 🙂
    Only 1 Evening Snack - 🙂
    5 something at bathroom break
    5 fruit/veggie - 1/5
    Walk 1 mile - 😕
    Write in Journal -🙂
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself! -🙂

JFT - Tuesday December 18
    2L of water
    Calories in Green
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    5 fruit/veggie
    Walk 1 mile
    Write in Journal
    Be Conscious of my choices! Do not disappoint myself!

I managed to get a lot accomplished yesterday, sticking is ready to start working on. I just need to go buy thread and seed beads. I have two ladders ready to put together, need to find hooks. Did get the bedding completely done!

Today I need to sand some wood for burning as both daughters need gifts for friends! So we are helping out. Then I will paint the last set of ladder rungs.

@Bex953172 - I say a day with no sick is a day to celebrate!!!!!

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday recap
    1. Three waters before lunch, another three after :)
    2. Do 30 minute workout at lunchtime (cut it back to 20 minutes if time restraints)* do it at home if all else fails >:)
    3. Log all food >:)
    4. Eat packed lunch >:)
    5. Cook dinner at home :)
    6. Kind self talk :)
    7. Empty/fill dishwasher :)
    8. Load of laundry >:)
    9. Car dealership @ 3 :)

Mom was in the neighborhood of work so we went out to lunch - no workout, no eating packed lunch, I ate shrimp tacos and skipped the fries but still...not my best day and I didnt log anything at all yesterday. Usually I'd go back and do it, but logging restaurant food is such a crap shoot anyway. I could have worked out at home but I decided to call my dad and catch up in my free moments instead. The car dealership visit was frustrating to say the least. I'm buying out my lease because I'm way over on miles and I like the car - buying it keeps my payments close to what they are now. They did the whole "let me check with my manager" gig for an hour and a half only to fear monger me into thinking that my math was wrong and my payments will be way more than I was planning for so "why dont I just get a new lease anyway!" I finally had enough and left, checked my math and checked with my credit union - nope, my math wasnt wrong and my payments will be the same as I'm paying now...I was annoyed when I was in there but figuring that out after had me livid. TOM still due to arrive and I think its stress that has me late but I'm gonna pick up some dollar store tests just in case! I'm a ravenous beast either way so trying to keep things reasonable today.

JFT Tuesday
    1. WATERS
    2. Eat packed lunch
    3. Cook dinner at home - steak burrito bowls (make extra rice for lunch)
    4. Log all food
    5. Empty/Fill dishwasher
    6. Load of laundry
    7. Kind self talk
    8. Pick up HCG tests at dollar store
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi to All.

I’ve had a miserable day. Apparently, my gums had a severe allergic reaction to the materials used in the impression mold for the crown that I’m getting done. That’s what’s caused all my being “under the weather” feeling that I’ve been dealing with the past couple of days. I went to the dentist today at noon and he cleaned it (fortunately it didn’t hurt) and I have to use a special rinse until things clear up.

I decided not to work out this morning so that my body could focus on healing. I can only eat lukewarm or cold foods b/c the heat aggravates it. I had a huge portion of frozen yogurt after lunch and it helped but my poor mouth is hurting. I’ve logged my food journal but honestly, I just wish this to go away so that my life can go back to normal. My poor mouth is so sore!

I’ll try to leave a couple of minutes early from work and get to bed also early so that I can rest up and hopefully tomorrow will be a new day.

Hugs to all. I’ll read posts tomorrow if my mouth lets me.
  • Bex953172
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi to All.

I’ve had a miserable day. Apparently, my gums had a severe allergic reaction to the materials used in the impression mold for the crown that I’m getting done. That’s what’s caused all my being “under the weather” feeling that I’ve been dealing with the past couple of days. I went to the dentist today at noon and he cleaned it (fortunately it didn’t hurt) and I have to use a special rinse until things clear up.

I decided not to work out this morning so that my body could focus on healing. I can only eat lukewarm or cold foods b/c the heat aggravates it. I had a huge portion of frozen yogurt after lunch and it helped but my poor mouth is hurting. I’ve logged my food journal but honestly, I just wish this to go away so that my life can go back to normal. My poor mouth is so sore!

I’ll try to leave a couple of minutes early from work and get to bed also early so that I can rest up and hopefully tomorrow will be a new day.

Hugs to all. I’ll read posts tomorrow if my mouth lets me.

You know what, I think something like that can really put you on a downer! I'd rather break my arm I think! Atleast id be able to eat and stuff.
    I think when something can affect our necessities like eating or drinking or even using the toilet it can be awful.

I hope you feel better soon x
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT, 12-18-18
    1. Log all food✔️ Even though I didn't want to and had to guesstimate the fries
    2. Get milk for work!! I think I need to write this in my forehead or something. Lol ✔️😑🤣 Got the milk... Left it in the fridge at home
    3. Up at 630✔️✔️ Actually really really proud about this. I really didn't want to. I actually walked up to the alarm clock (it's across the room) with the intentions of resetting it. But...I just turned it off and went about my morning! Had a great morning too!
    4. Start writing routine✔️ Spent 15 minutes just spilling my brain on paper. Going to do it again tomorrow morning. Need to get a disciplined routine down
    5. Food in Crock-Pot! Salsa chicken✔️ Ended up making Italian chicken instead. I wanted warm and gooey chickeny pasta goodness.
    6. Finish dishes❌ Nope...
    7. Remember lunch, milk, and coffee cup ✔️❌✔️ Forgot the milk...
    8. Work 815-515✔️ Hectic in the morning. It wasn't really customer busy... More paperwork/busy work stuff. Lots of phone calls. Lol
    9. Dinner/dishes right after work! ❌/❌ I don't think I started dinner until an hour and a half after I got home from work
    10. Do some meal prep❌ Made the mistake of having one too many beers and joining an online chat with the DH and a friend. This always steals my evenings
    11. Wrap presents✔️ Did manage to get this done. I even gave one to the DH... We're really bad at waiting until Christmas. Lol
    12. Bed early✔️ Probably by 10:15, definitely by 10:30

JFT, 12-19-18

1. Up at 630
    2. Writing routine
    3. Meditate
    4. Work 815-515
    5. Small portions at work lunch
    6. Bring home leftovers for dinner
    7. Dishes!!!
    8. Research
    9. Bed early
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Up early and sitting in the peaceful dark thinking of all the things I have to do! I know it will all come together in the end but sometimes I wonder if Christmas is really worth all the running around that precedes it! I must take some time this year to be present in the moment - watch the joy of my kids and remember what it’s all about!

Yesterday was a bit of a food disaster but I know why - just too tired and busy to take proper care of myself. Today will also be hectic but I’m going to try and make time for proper meals for a change.

Last night I built the desk my daughter wanted for Christmas all by myself and have it hidden away (going to wrap the box for her to open on the morning). Very proud of myself but unfortunately I dropped the pieces on my foot and my ankle is sore this morning. Hoping I can still work out as usual but we shall see...

Tuesday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Parking vouchers on car ✅
    - Call A re jewellery ✅
    - Go to leather repair shop after work ✅
    - Put away laundry ❎ it did make it upstairs though!
    - Wrap gifts ❎ build daughter’s desk✅
    - Early night✅

Wednesday goals
    - morning workout if ankle ok
    - parking vouchers on car
    - take gifts for godchildren in to work
    - Buy decaf coffee
    - wrap gift for class and take to DH office
    - parent session at 9:30
    - leave on time
    - meet V and H to give godchildren gifts
    - call leather repair shop
    - check jewellery dispatch
    - Wrap more gifts if home in time
    - early night

Have a great day all x
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Tuesday status:
    1. Do week 1 Day 2 of C25K. It was supposed to be walking. But had to go to the doctor's. Just walked on my way back home.
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya x
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food done
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee x
    5. Be within the calorie limit x
    6. Be mindful of volume of my voice & don’t get annoyed. Be patient. done
    7. Shower in the morning instead of night x

Wednesday JFT (19.12.2018):
    1. Do week 1 Day 3 of C25K
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee
    5. Be within the calorie limit
    6. Be mindful of volume of my voice & don’t get annoyed. Be patient.
    7. Shower in the morning instead of night

Things I need to work on gradually:
    1. Be consistent in exercising
    2. Work on saving money
    3. Drink enough water
    4. Reduce sugar in tea & coffee. Use stevia instead
    5. Be within calorie limit & create a deficit
    6. Learn something w.r.t work everyday
    7. Shower in the morning instead of night
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options
    Total Total failure today ... or I guess I should rephrase that. I choose to eat a bunch of cookies, I choose to eat some candy to relieve my stress ... it was all my choice. Doesn't help that I just baked oatmeal, chocolate chip, and decorated sugar cookies... all within hands reach!

So for tomorrow, I will choose to face the problems facing us, and not give into that junk food.

Our daughter thought her computer had a virus... she gave out her bank number to someone ... who has been taking over $50.00 every month out. We are trying to figure out where the money is going .. finally today she tells us this. Its like she is a child, trying to live as an adult. So stressful evening... as I am trying to talk to her, and she will not listen. The 40 yr old adult voice tonite ... then the crying ... then the child again, letting us know what has been going on. She said 2 withdrawals were made last week... but she doesn't know what they are for. OMG!! Now she does not want to go with us to see our son ... she is choosing instead to just sit in her apartment alone. Again ... saying that serenity prayer ... but boy, I sure wish I had the answer as to what to do!

So my goals tomorrow are simple.
    concentrate on drinking water
    healthy foods
    mindful eating ... food is not the answer.

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I don't really know why I bothered making goals yesterday, I pretty much just totally ignored them!!!

Yesterday's commitments:

- No snacks outside meals :/
    - Take sensible portions of cheese :/
    - Eat slowly :/
    - Savour every bite :/
    - Monitor fullness throughout :/
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving :/
    - Leave event by 7, absolute latest (6.30 if started earlier) :smile:

- 4 bottles water :smile:
    - One glass of wine only :/
    - Give myself credit! :/

- Run to work :smile:
    - 1 hour lunch break :smile:
    - Interview prep :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :/
    - Lights out by 11 :smile:

Today I WILL be better - fewer temptations to deal with. I am having dinner with my friends tonight but it's in a pub and let's face it, I go to pubs all the time so there is no need to overdo it. I will make a strategy for not going overboard and stick to it!

Today is also my second interview. I'm feeling a little nervous but I'm also feeling a bit like, as someone said (I think possibly @Sofia_Alegria), if it's right for me then I will get it!

Unfortunately I also seem to be coming down with a cold. I'm going to dose myself up with drugs (paracetamol/ vitamin C) and hopefully it will go away!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Make and stick to food plan
    - 3+ bottles water
    - One large water for every alcoholic drink

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- Train home by 22.45 latest, ideally 22.15 or even earlier

Big hugs to everyone who needs them at the moment, including @mytime6630 @PackerfaninGB @Sofia_Alegria @Faebert as well as everyone else who needs them who I haven't mentioned. I've been a bit rubbish at replying to others' posts lately - things have been a bit overwhelming with interviews and work restructure - but I think of you all a lot and am rooting for you even when I'm not posting much. <3
  • Faebert
    Options
    Loads of luck for today @slittlemeister! Totally agree that if it’s meant to be it will be! And either way make sure you enjoy your night out x
  • Faebert
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Total Total failure today ... or I guess I should rephrase that. I choose to eat a bunch of cookies, I choose to eat some candy to relieve my stress ... it was all my choice. Doesn't help that I just baked oatmeal, chocolate chip, and decorated sugar cookies... all within hands reach!

So for tomorrow, I will choose to face the problems facing us, and not give into that junk food.

Our daughter thought her computer had a virus... she gave out her bank number to someone ... who has been taking over $50.00 every month out. We are trying to figure out where the money is going .. finally today she tells us this. Its like she is a child, trying to live as an adult. So stressful evening... as I am trying to talk to her, and she will not listen. The 40 yr old adult voice tonite ... then the crying ... then the child again, letting us know what has been going on. She said 2 withdrawals were made last week... but she doesn't know what they are for. OMG!! Now she does not want to go with us to see our son ... she is choosing instead to just sit in her apartment alone. Again ... saying that serenity prayer ... but boy, I sure wish I had the answer as to what to do!

So my goals tomorrow are simple.
    concentrate on drinking water
    healthy foods
    mindful eating ... food is not the answer.

Big hugs @mytime6630. I would not call your day a total failure. You were there for your daughter, which is the most important thing. You’ve recognised the choices you’ve made and today will be better. Your goals sound good - I’m rooting for you. X
  • Bex953172
    Options
    So goals for Tues (Recap)
    - 8 glasses of water ❎
    - Be in the green ❓(and log)❎
    - Exercise (again maybe)❎
    - Weigh in..❎
    - Tidy up✔️[/quote]

@slittlemeister I pretty much ignored yesterday too.
    I think I'm gonna leave goals today!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Do not eat sweets in the breakroom. Seriously people, stop bringing in delicious cookies!
    3. Go to the gym this morning
    4. Drink 150oz water
    5. Do not cancel doctors appointment tomorrow. I have an appointment with my weight management doctor and even though she says I should still come in if I’m not doing well, it still feels like a huge disappointment when I go and that number hasn’t budged or has gone up. I’m trying not to have many expectations since it’s around the holidays.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Dishes. Tea! Log 1 item. Duo. Blog post. Call gastro and set up appt - 2/7? TAKE SECRET SANTA GIFT!
    2. GRADE ALL THE THINGS. Rework & reprint button designs. Print semester calendar.
    3. Class 3 - Final exams! Take the protein shakes home! MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL CORDS. Take orange lit book home.
    4. WRITE A BLOG POST DARNIT. I don't know why I can't manage this. I just stare at the page.
    5. DoT p 25-50. Grade. Grade. Grade.
    6. Nibble celery. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Zumba 5:30. Check on signup at Y. Library - pick up book. Find some black thread and stitch up the computer bag. Finish all current work. Grade finals tonight. Input grades.
    8. Put laundry away. Update Goodreads Friday. CHECK THERAPY TIME.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Look for low prices on eyepins and crimp beads.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Duo.
    2. Leave for Y by 8:00. Zumba 9:00, Strength 10:00. Therapy 2:00. Strength 4:30.
    3. Grade final essays. Grade all late work.
    4. Nibble celery. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    5. Create a PDF supplement for the poetry test. Create a test on MLA style using Google Forms.
    6. Practice French braiding with D. Check ongoing list below. Write? HAHAHAHAHA.
    7. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    November: 188.2
    Today: 190.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" at thrift stores.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Find out if a second masters pays the same as an EdS (email HH). Revise Machiavelli Prince Analysis - Part 1 paraphrased explanation, Part 2 quote & leader choice & explanation, part 3 reflection. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook. Fix laptop bag.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

Well, I graded until 10 PM and I didn't get to the final exams. That's gonna HAVE to be today, along with the late work. Gonna try to get some laundry put away before heading to the Y.
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    You know what, I think something like that can really put you on a downer! I'd rather break my arm I think! Atleast id be able to eat and stuff.
    I think when something can affect our necessities like eating or drinking or even using the toilet it can be awful.

I hope you feel better soon x

Thanks Bex! It looks like the gums are starting to clear up but my body just feels awful. A coworker brought me a Gatorade b/c she said the yuckyness is probably in part from being dehydrated. I'll see if that helps; if not, then I'll have to go home early and get in bed. Pretty much the only thing that I feel like doing.

@slittlemeister thinking about you and your second interview.

JFT 12/19/18
    HYDRATE to see if this helps and I can get back to my workouts and normal routine

Hugs to all! <3