Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Groups Weekly Weigh In Group
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

January Goals

tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83 Member, Premium Posts: 8,843 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8,843 Member
New month, new countdown challenge for me.

10000 steps per day (averaged across week)
90 min limit on sitting on the sofa on weeknights
8 glasses of water per day
7 hours of sleep per night
60 mins strength training per week
5 mins of yoga per day
4 weeks meeting average calorie goal
3 runs or hikes per week
20 mins of relaxing before bed
120g Protein per day

What are your January goals?
edited January 2018

Replies

• jojomojo1973jojomojo1973 Member Posts: 6 Member Member Posts: 6 Member
    20'000 steps a day
    No wine (this will be hard for me)
    Log everyday
  • jb050794jb050794 Member Posts: 44 Member Member Posts: 44 Member
    Gradually start going to the gym in January.
    Give up fast food for the month. (This will be hard, and If I fall into the temptation, at least try to get meals that fit into my calories.)
  • tephanies1234tephanies1234 Member, Premium Posts: 301 Member Member, Premium Posts: 301 Member
    No extra nibbles.
    No dinners out (save some money).
    Take a break from alcohol.
    5x per week 30 min spinning at home.
    Get back to gym and hit the weights.

• McHelenzMcHelenz Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
    To lose half a stone by payday (24th).
    To just stick with fitness pal - id give up after a week.
    To start to introduce exercise into my daily routine.
  • tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83 Member, Premium Posts: 8,843 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8,843 Member
    To lose half a stone by payday (24th).
    To just stick with fitness pal - id give up after a week.
    To start to introduce exercise into my daily routine.

@helenwatkin1988 be wary of setting yourself short term/specific date scale related goals, 2 and a half weeks is a very short time to be expecting to lose 7lbs, you can safely expect to lose around 2lbs per week at most at your current weight and weight loss isn't linear, at the the beginning of your weight loss water retention and digestive process can easily cause fluctuations that mask your weight loss completely.

This is my weight chart for the first 6 months that I was losing weight (weighed daily), as you can see, there are a lot of ups and downs and I was sticking to my calorie allowance for the majority of that period.

fc527oh5hyco.jpg
  • marieamethystmarieamethyst Member Posts: 869 Member Member Posts: 869 Member
    8,000 steps a day
    Log everything
    No alcohol
    Eat more veggies
    Some form of exercise 6 days a week
    Check out the gym here that does childcare so my husband and I can start working out together when he gets home next month
    Get down to 128 lbs
  • tinkerbellang83tinkerbellang83 Member, Premium Posts: 8,843 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8,843 Member
    Doing better at getting my strength training in, didn't get the 3 sessions in though as was struggling at beginning of the week getting back into a routine, did my yoga 4/7 nights too and my logging has been accurate and on target for my calorie allowance over the week :smile: bring on Week 2!
    4g3wmmcmwgnt.jpg
  • Jackie9003Jackie9003 Member, Greeter, Premium Posts: 1,014 Member Member, Greeter, Premium Posts: 1,014 Member
    My January goal is to walk to work at least once a week, it's 1.5 mile each way so a good stretch - I started today.
    Also to get to 2 fitness classes a week (as I pay for unlimited in my group) so Monday is aerobics and Wednesday is weights and workout which I hope will help with toning.
    I'm logging and keeping focused on food intake but not making it a "thing" as we still have lots of naughty christmas food to get through.
  • ValeriePlzValeriePlz Member Posts: 524 Member Member Posts: 524 Member
    January goal is to get to 160 lb., log in MFP daily, do more group fitness classes at L.A. Fitness, and begin training for my 8K in March!
    How are you getting on with your goals folks?
  • tephanies1234tephanies1234 Member, Premium Posts: 301 Member Member, Premium Posts: 301 Member
    How are you getting on with your goals folks?

So far so good! Staying strong with my calorie limit and not tempted to keep nibbling.
    I was a little over my calorie range but have been more active and my logging has been good and my weight loss is reflecting that as I am back down 5 lbs this month. Maintained a pretty active week, I've signed up to a free stepbet and a dietbet to keep me motivated.

To work on: Strength Training, getting some done, but not as much as I'd like, switched my runs to lunchtime so that I might have a bit more time in the evenings to get some done and still not getting my yoga done as often as I like so might start doing this at work. Protein intake could have been better. had a couple of lower days that pulled my average down. I've planned my meals for the next couple of weeks and have made a point of including more Protein Rich meals.

t7p58utyo9la.jpg
  • jgnickeljgnickel Member, Premium Posts: 79 Member Member, Premium Posts: 79 Member
    My goals for January are to be as close to "on" my macros as possible and work out 6 days a week for 30 minutes each day. So far so good. My daughter will be coming to do my "pinches" this weekend, and re evaluating my macros. it's great to have a personal trainer/ dietetic major in the family. Now I just need to stay focused.
    I hit all but my protein and yoga goals last week, pretty pleased with that, continuing to play with my routine to try and sort out the yoga thing and protein was more down to lack of funds than choice in the run up to payday, it was just whatever was in the house, was still over my minimum of 100g per day most of the week so even that wasn't terrible.

043izbe2bocd.jpg
    Late posting but final week went great aside from my 2 usual suspects strength training and yoga, I hope I've finally got my routine down now and will continue to monitor in Feb. Bought a new yoga mat for home and took the old one into work so I can do some poses after my weekday lunchtime runs, so should only then need to do it at home 2-3 nights before bed to meet my personal goal, also with switching back to lunchtime runs I am finding I have more time and energy in the evening so this should help with getting all my strength training in. Otherwise very pleased with the week.

8esgygwd4t8p.jpg

This discussion has been closed.