Supplements/pre-workout

2»

Replies

• KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    I like the C4 line. I LOVE their Icy Blue Razz. BUT, the Cherry Limeade was on sale (2 for 1), so going to try that. It arrives Monday I think. I will let you know how that flavor compares to the scrumptious Icy Blue Razz. Also, if you ever get that insane itchy/tingling feeling...like another poster said, just take half or a third scoop to start with. Cheers to you and your fitness journey within the great year of 2018!
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    I offered something that would give you a push. Yet you disregarded it, despite my knowledge in this area and experience.

I’d suggest Gnosis Singularity but I bet you couldn’t find it nor would you “know” anyone that uses it.

You shouldn’t require a push in your workouts. Many of us work 10-12 hour days then crush our workouts using nothing other than food. If you’re too tired to finish workouts, maybe you need to get more rest, change your nutrition, or increase hydration. Maybe all three. You shouldn’t depend on chemicals to get through a workout. That’s the point I’m trying to get across.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member
    Unless you are performing at an elite level you are not going to notice any difference in performance supplementation. At that point there is little difference between brands despite all the marketing noise to the contrary.

Even the classification "Supplement" means that the product is unable to confirm that it is effective.
  • JAYxMSxPES
    JAYxMSxPES Posts: 193 Member
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Unless you are performing at an elite level you are not going to notice any difference in performance supplementation. At that point there is little difference between brands despite all the marketing noise to the contrary.

Even the classification "Supplement" means that the product is unable to confirm that it is effective.

That's not entirely untrue, which is why WADA exists and regulates what elite athletes can take and it's not limited to steroids or GH.

While I would lean more towards the side of anti-supplement myself, there are some supplements with supporting research that indicates a strong relationship between improved performance and that supplement (e.g. caffeine & creatine). With that being said, all brands are not equal either. Some brands may contain a supplement with proven benefit, yet provide a quantity that is less than what's required to achieve the desired effect. Some may even have too much and be unsafe. I saw something at GNC recently that had 400mg's of caffeine in a single serving. Guy behind the counter said he tried it and was having heart palpitations and was throwing-up; no *kitten* sherlock.
  • RacheLoko
    RacheLoko Posts: 51 Member
    edited January 2018
    jessef593 wrote: »
    I offered something that would give you a push. Yet you disregarded it, despite my knowledge in this area and experience.

I’d suggest Gnosis Singularity but I bet you couldn’t find it nor would you “know” anyone that uses it.

You shouldn’t require a push in your workouts. Many of us work 10-12 hour days then crush our workouts using nothing other than food. If you’re too tired to finish workouts, maybe you need to get more rest, change your nutrition, or increase hydration. Maybe all three. You shouldn’t depend on chemicals to get through a workout. That’s the point I’m trying to get across.

I didn’t disregard you just weren’t being helpful.

I can also look I into that, you claimed I wanted the next big thing. No I wanted to compare what others use.

And I appreciate the advice. But I’m a medical student working two jobs and volunteering at a clinical site; I am tired, exhausted a lot of days but I still want to workout. So personally I do need the chemicals to workout.