Where would you go?

13»

Replies

• crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Argentina - a week in Buenos Aires, a few days in wine country, a few days seeing amazing things like Iguazu Falls. Or a week in Belize and a week in Costa Rica. Or the cruise that goes through the Panama Canal. Or a guided hike across Bhutan. Or the Gold Coast in Australia. Or a north-to-south tour of New Zealand. Or getting a lot of sun in Fiji.

Too many options.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    First, kudos for traveling alone. That was scare me. Second, I have no idea. Maybe a cruise? That way you can be safe and secure, have a good time, meet new people, only "party" when you want to, and see multiple places within a week, and at the end of the day, be able to retreat to your private room on a ship.

I'm an avid cruiser and a huge fan, obviously. If you've never been, I highly encourage it. People think cruises are outrageously expensive, but I've found it's the only vacation we can afford, because of the all inclusive part...

Edit: are you a "professional" traveler? I ask because at times it can be difficult to maneuver by yourself in a foreign country. My mom, brother, and I took a Costa Rica trip and pretty much winged it. Most terrifying/rewarding/rocky trip of our lives. Didn't speak the language, didn't know our way around, but managed. It was definitely a test of humanity LoL but my point it, just be prepared for things like that. We were not.

I am an avid traveler of the Eastern US....I am not scared but nervous about traveling alone... Never done that before. However, I want to go and no one else can afford a trip or the time off from work so if I want to go I must go alone. And I WILL! I am prepared for nothing and everything. Thanks I am leaning towards a cruise or a tour of the Pacific Coast Highway. Never been there... :)
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Okay getting a bucket list item scratched off... doing a West coastal tour Seattle to San Diego and back and everywhere in between. My BFF is joining me so won't be alone... next trip 2014....Med-Cruise!! Thanks Y'all
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Yucatan pennisula - See the Mayan ruins before the jungle reclaims them... or drink cheap Dos Equis... both good reasons

This. Them you can go to Cancun and Cozumel for the beaches after.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Tokyo!! I just spent a week there. It's already my 3rd visit. Absolutely amazing city that has it all!
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Machu Picchu - i haven't been yet. But make sure you don't get elevation sickness!

Bon Voyage!