What We're Eating Weekly

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Breakfast: Kale protein scone, mango-jicama salad

Lunch: Red lentil soup, vegan jerky

Dinner: BBQ tempeh sandwich with cashew dressing and carrot-cayenne coleslaw
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, mixed berries, coffee with peppermint mocha creamer
    Lunch: Hot dog with ketchup (no bun), potato salad, baked potato chips, kirkland protein bar
    Snack: Apple, Oikos triple zero yogurt
    Dinner: Large spinnach salad with cucumbers, carrots and grilled chicken. Watermelon
    Late night Snack: 1/3 pint Enlightened ice cream
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    B- 2 eggs and 2 pieces of bacon
    L- Salad with mixed greens, bell pepper, cucumber, garlic and herb goat cheese, pickled beets and chicken. Plus a hardboiled egg
    S- Roasted garlic hummus with veggies. 5 peanut butter M&Ms
    D- Ground chicken green chili tacos with cheese, sour cream, and avocado and black beans
    S- Truffle
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited June 2018
    avskk wrote: »
    Breakfast: gazpacho salad. I made coffee, but left it sitting uselessly on the table when I came to work.

Lunch: zucchini salmon melt (AMAZING), more gazpacho salad (I can quit anytime).

Dinner: garlic-lime steak and noodle salad, corn on the cob, probably even more gazpacho salad.

Is gazpacho salad a salad with a gazpacho-style dressing? I made something like that recently and it was so good.

Gazpacho salad is small-diced tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion (in 2:2:1 proportion) in a dressing of red wine vinegar, oil (2:1 proportion), a little sugar, salt, and pepper (all to taste). It's what my great-grandmother kept in the fridge all summer; she always called it gazpacho and I didn't learn until I was an adult that gazpacho is actually a chilled soup. I renamed it to be sliiiiightly more accurate. And it is magically delicious!

Breakfast: French press coffee at home, cherry-filled donut eaten hastily in the car on the way to run errands.

Lunch: Ritz vegetable crackers with assorted cheeses, cold corn on the cob, cherry tomatoes. I'm still weirdly hungry, so considering MOAR GAZPACHO SALAD (okay, maybe I do have a problem).

Dinner: garlic-lime steak and noodle salad, the reprise. This stuff is increeeeeedible.

Snacks: popcorn, plums, pears, etc. I have good intentions. I also have a sleeve of buffalo ranch Pringles, though, so...
  • janejellyroll
    Breakfast: gazpacho salad. I made coffee, but left it sitting uselessly on the table when I came to work.

Lunch: zucchini salmon melt (AMAZING), more gazpacho salad (I can quit anytime).

Dinner: garlic-lime steak and noodle salad, corn on the cob, probably even more gazpacho salad.

Is gazpacho salad a salad with a gazpacho-style dressing? I made something like that recently and it was so good.

Gazpacho salad is small-diced tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion (in 2:2:1 proportion) in a dressing of red wine vinegar, oil (2:1 proportion), a little sugar, salt, and pepper (all to taste). It's what my great-grandmother kept in the fridge all summer; she always called it gazpacho and I didn't learn until I was an adult that gazpacho is actually a chilled soup. I renamed it to be sliiiiightly more accurate. And it is magically delicious!

Breakfast: French press coffee at home, cherry-filled donut eaten hastily in the car on the way to run errands.

Lunch: Ritz vegetable crackers with assorted cheeses, cold corn on the cob, cherry tomatoes. I'm still weirdly hungry, so considering MOAR GAZPACHO SALAD (okay, maybe I do have a problem).

Dinner: garlic-lime steak and noodle salad, the reprise. This stuff is increeeeeedible.

Snacks: popcorn, plums, pears, etc. I have good intentions. I also have a sleeve of buffalo ranch Pringles, though, so...

I am going to try this for sure. It sounds delicious -- thanks!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Breakfast: 1 cup of chocolate fairlife milk. 1 cup of coffee with cream and sugar.

Lunch: Small salad. 1/2 cup jasmine rice, small naan bread, chicken Tikka.

Dinner: 1 Habit charburger with avocado

Snack: Watermelon
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 217 Member
    edited June 2018
    Breakfast : Shake: Kale, Banana, Strawberry, Oats, Chia, Greek Yogurt, Avacado, Almond Milk. (homemade). 2 Cups black coffee w/ 1 Splenda packet

Lunch: 1 Pad Thai Pizza slice (homemade)

Dinner: 3 Shredded Chicken Tacos (homemade)

Snacks: Pudding, Sugar Free Cheese Cake Flavor, Whole Milk - 1/4 serving.
  • Athijade
    B- Cinnamon roasted almonds and chobani blueberry yogurt
    L- Salad with mixed greens, bell pepper, cucumber, garlic and herb goat cheese, and tuna. Plus a hardboiled egg
    S- Cottage cheese
    D- Ground chicken green chili tacos with cheese, sour cream, and avocado and black beans
    S- No idea... I am out of truffles! =(
  • janejellyroll
    Breakfast: Raw pistachios, mango-jicama salad, chocolate avocado protein muffin with peanut butter

Lunch: Red lentil soup, vegan jerky

Dinner: Rice noodles with cashew sauce, baby corn, carrots, broccoli, jalapeno, and onions
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast: 1 fried egg with Panola hot sauce, 1 slice toast with grape jam, coffee
    Lunch: Morningstar veggie burger patty with Sriracha & pickles, seasoned oven fries, steamed broccoli
    Dinner: "southwest" egg rolls (black beans, onion, peppers, corn inside eggroll wrappers) with sour cream and salsa dipping sauces, homemade banana pudding for dessert
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, mixed berries, coffee with peppermint mocha creamer
    Lunch: Spinach salad with cucumbers, cocoa dusted almonds, kirkland protein bar
    Snack: Oikos triple zero yogurt
    Dinner: Going to a baseball game so no idea what, but it will be a high calorie meal :smile:
  • Ck103084
    Ck103084 Posts: 139 Member
    Breakfast: 1/2 cup blueberries. Coffee.

Lunch: Banana. Coffee

Dinner: Mrs. Pauls lightly fried flounder with ketchup and mayo.

Snack: If I need one I might have walnuts or something.
  • avskk
    Breakfast: another cherry filled donut (what, it looked lonely) and a cherry-lime LaCroix.

Lunch: fridge hodgepodge -- gazpacho salad, raspberry Chobani, a few tortilla chips with guacamole.

Dinner: summer produce binge! Steamed corn and artichokes with drawn butter; blanched green beans, cucumbers, and sweet peppers tossed with herbs and lemon; cherry tomatoes; shrimp cocktail.

Snacks: buffalo ranch Pringles, pear, strawberries.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Breakfast: 1 cup 2% milk, belvita chocolate biscuits
    Lunch: protein shake
    Dinner: Slice of pizza, 2 fiber one brownies, and this HUGE SALAD!!! 😁

... it makes pizza night so much better, I get to splurge but feel good afterwards! 0wop06040lfh.jpg
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Breakfast: another cherry filled donut (what, it looked lonely) and a cherry-lime LaCroix.

Lunch: fridge hodgepodge -- gazpacho salad, raspberry Chobani, a few tortilla chips with guacamole.

Dinner: summer produce binge! Steamed corn and artichokes with drawn butter; blanched green beans, cucumbers, and sweet peppers tossed with herbs and lemon; cherry tomatoes; shrimp cocktail.

I love artichokes 😊, have you ever tried stuffing them and steaming them in the crock pot? Soooo good!!!!
  • avskk
    FL_Hiker wrote: »

I love artichokes 😊, have you ever tried stuffing them and steaming them in the crock pot? Soooo good!!!!

I haven't! I'm so old-school -- I just steam them and dip them in a little lemon butter or (very occasionally) lemon mayo. They are my absolute, top, all-time favorite food! I have a little song about them, "Artichokes, Artichokes (They're Better Than All The Other Chokes)."
  • layanqui
    layanqui Posts: 13 Member
    Breakfast: oatmeal with dried figs and almonds
    Lunch: cabbage and white bean soup; an arepa filled with sauteed chicken, onions and peppers; and three mini chipá (cheese rolls made with tapioca flour)
    Dinner: Nachos made with multigrain tortilla chips, black beans, gruyere cheese, guacamole, shredded lettuce, grape tomatoes, pickled radishes, sliced jalapeños and green onion
    Snack: a brownie with walnuts
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Breakfast: cinnamon apple oatmeal
    Lunch: tikil gomen (ethiopian style cabbage, potato, and carrot in turmeric sauce), an orange
    Dinner: whole wheat penne with mushrooms and olive oil-tomato sauce, romaine cucumber salad with red wine vinaigrette
  • avskk
    I have tons and tons of produce and leftovers and random bits of whatever, so I'm not planning meals today. I'm going to graze at will. I know it'll include beets (I got up at 11:00 last night and sauteed, then ate all the beet greens), artichokes, corn, tomatoes, probably a burger (I have ground Angus to use up), chips & guacamole, green beans, and the eternal gazpacho salad. GOOD DAY, y'all.
  • Athijade
    B- 1 hardboiled egg and a piece of wheat toast
    L- Chicago style hot dog and fries (had to satisfy the craving I have had for weeks)
    D- More Chicken tacos and black beans (these things are SO good)