What We're Eating Weekly

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    I'm giving myself an unplanned day because I've been getting a little rigid in my planning, then failing to stick to the plan, then beating myself up about it. I've been trying to tell myself "it's fine, it's just a lazy summer day" or "it's fine, you had a good reason to change your dinner plans," but I've been really anxious and guilty and constantly coming in here to tattle on myself. I want to nip this cycle in the bud, so I'm taking a little breather to enjoy food as simply delicious and nourishing. I've been working from home for a few days which has given me time to prep and cook, so I have plenty of stuff already put together, ready to be enjoyed!
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer (Eyeballed it today.... I know, I know...)
    Lunch: One leftover fish taco from dinner out last night. If I'm still feeling hungry I'll make a salad from spring mix, tomatoes, red onions, topped with balsamic dijon mix
    Snacks: Greek yogurt with dressing. SUPPOSED to have a protein shake. That hasn't been happening recently, so we'll see how today goes.
    Dinner: Leftover thai tofu and veggie curry over jasmine rice
  • GirlWithCookies
    GirlWithCookies Posts: 138 Member
    Breakfast: blueberry smoothie (frozen blueberries, nonfat plain Greek yogurt, protein powder, almond milk)

Lunch: two eggs with pepperjack nut cheese and salsa

Dinner: Dr. Praeger's heirloom bean veggie burger on a hamburger bun with yellow mustard, two small grilled red skin potatoes

Snacks: nectarine, lemon Lara Bar, probably something after work (perhaps a black raspberry chip Yasso frozen yogurt bar that I've been dying to try)
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Breakfast : precision bcca watermelon drink
    Lunch : 2 small green apples
    Dinner : carne asada pork steak salad, japanese seaweed salad, chopped celery with bonito flakes, 2 large eggs.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Breakfast: Cranberry orange walnut muffin, tofu scramble

Lunch: Fennel salad with oranges, olives, preserved lemon, and chopped jalapenos, grilled zucchini, maple pecan dark chocolate

Dinner: Pumpkin and jackfruit chili with black beans and raw corn
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited July 2018
    Breakfast: 2 whole wheat waffles with raspberry preserves
    Lunch: Cobb salad (romaine, roasted chicken, crumbled blue cheese, hard boiled egg, croutons and Balsamic vinaigrette dressing)
    Afternoon snack: pineapple
    Dinner: breaded & baked Tilapia, Knorr's Asiago and black peppercorn rice and a small salad with Caesar dressing
  • rainingribbons
    Breakfast: Coffee with 2 tbsp creamer
    Lunch: Salad with spring mix, tomatoes, red onion, feta, shredded carrot, and Morningstar "chicken" strips topped with a balsamic/dijon mixture
    Snacks: 1-2 boiled eggs, Strawberry cheesecake greek yogurt, grande iced skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks
    Dinner: Black bean veggie burger with a side salad
  • GirlWithCookies
    GirlWithCookies Posts: 138 Member
    Report: the Yasso frozen yogurt bar was delicious! I must have been a little too into it, because when I was eating it my boyfriend was looking at me and commented "You're licking that in kind of a sexual way." hahahaha :D

Breakfast: none today

Lunch: two eggs with lactose-free cheddar cheese, half an avocado and salsa

Dinner: one small red skin potato, cooked baby carrots, Dr. Praeger's kale veggie burger with yellow mustard

Snacks: nectarine and almond, nonfat plain Greek yogurt with blueberry preserves and blueberry granola, something else after work
  • rainingribbons
    Breakfast: Coffee with 2 tbsp creamer
    Lunch: Salad consisting of spring mix, cherry tomatoes, red onion, 2 boiled eggs, shredded carrots, and feta topped with "Just Ranch" dressing
    Snacks: Greek yogurt with or without strawberries depending on if they're still good or not
    Dinner: Honey dijon salmon with green beans and homemade redskin mashed potatoes
    Dessert: Have some homemade apple pie filling my aunt gave me sitting on the counter ready to get used, so probably going to finally make it tonight!
  • Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Today I had/will have:

Breakfast: 40 g of Old Fashion Oatmeal with 8 Gr of Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese. Coffee with Milk
    Snack 1: Non Fat Chobani Greek Yogurt with 3 Strawberries
    Lunch: Salad ( Lettuce, Sprouts, Mushrooms, Grape Tomatoes, 3 oz Chicken Breast, Sliced Onion, Balsamic Vinagrette)
    Snack 2: Quaker Rice Cake or Wasa Crispbread with 1/4 cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese, Sprouts and Seasonings.
    Dinner: Salmon or Tilapia or Swai Fillet + Steamed Broccoli or Brussels Sprouts + Saute Veggies
    Snack 3: 1 Coffee Low Sugar Nips Candy or 4 Strawberries.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited July 2018
    Breakfast: zucchini, tomato, and corn tart; homemade lemon-poppyseed muffin with sour cherry filling; iced moka espresso.

Lunch: grilled cheese sandwich, baby carrots and cherry tomatoes with ranch dip.

Dinner: either a smoked sausage & baby potato skillet with spinach salad, or BLT chicken salad lettuce cups -- it depends on how the weather is (it might rain and cool down) and what I feel like making!

Snacks: popcorn, Outshine bars, Greek yogurt with fruit and honey.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    edited July 2018
    Today...

Pre-workout: Banana, Protein Bread, Medjool Dates
    Post-workout: Protein shake, Peanut butter sandwich, Apple
    Lunch: 150g chicken breast, brown rice and sauteed peppers/onions, protein shake
    Snack 1: Low fat Greek yoghurt with chopped banana
    Snack 2: 100g chicken breast wrap
    Dinner: Tuna, Beans, Chicken Leg Quarter, Pear

Mine is so basic compared to everyone else :#
  • bostonjim23
    bostonjim23 Posts: 41 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yesterday's meal after burning 1,688 calories at the gym

Breakfeast

2 organic banana's
    Daves Killer Bread - Goodseed, 2 slice
    Whole Foods - Almond Butter Grind Your Own, 2 tbsp
    3 Hard Boiled Egg
    Multi-grain Pita Pockets

Lunch

Tuna, 1 can
    Organic Bread & Butter Chips
    Multi-grain Pita Pockets
    Organic Pumpkin Seeds
    Organic Pink Grapefruit
    Blueberries
    Organic Raw - Apricot
    Organic Autumn Bartlett Pears
    Organic - Granny Smith Apple
    Organic Whole Strawberries
    Organic Coconut Water

Dinner

Organic Black Bean Pasta
    Ground Turkey, Organic
    Daves Killer Bread - Goodseed, 2 slice

Snack
    Low Fat Graham Crackers
    Go Macro Macrobar - Protein Replenishment Peanut Butter
    Dove - Vanilla With Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Bar
    Organic Banana

I also drank 4500 ML of water

Today is a rest day so thankful i will not need to eat any where close to that much.
  • janejellyroll
    Breakfast: Pumpkin and jackfruit chili, tofu scramble

Lunch: Black beans with chopped jalapenos, strawberries. dark chocolate

Dinner: Pasta with spicy pumpkin sauce, seitan bacon, and vegetables (onions, carrots, broccoli, peas, celery), roasted green beans
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited July 2018
    Breakfast: fruit on the bottom pineapple Greek yogurt
    Lunch: pulled chicken with Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce on top and baked sweet potato
    Afternoon snack: mini pretzel twists with garlic hummus
    Dinner: tacos x2 (soft shell, seasoned ground beef, lettuce, hot sauce and plain Greek yogurt as sour cream)
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Breakfast- 6oz of strong espresso with about a cup of steamed milk
    Snack- cottage cheese and a banana
    Lunch- some sort of food with a possible ice cream sandwich afterwards
    Snack- an apple
    Dinner- grilled chicken breast with garlic, peppers, and a salad
    Work schedule makes eating a bit weird
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Breakfast: Breakfast burrito (eggs, potatoes, peppers, onions, cheese, and hot sauce)
    Lunch: Salad with chicken, carrots, cabbage, sunflower seeds, swiss cheese, croutons, and dressing and a hard boiled egg
    Afternoon snack: Cottage cheese
    Dinner: Last of the roasted chicken and green bean casserole

Vacation starts tomorrow!
  • janejellyroll
    Breakfast: Pasta with spicy pumpkin sauce, seitan bacon, and vegetables (onions, carrots, broccoli, peas, celery)

Lunch:
    Black beans with vegan sour cream and chopped jalapenos, dark chocolate

Dinner:
    Refried beans, marinated tofu, and roasted broccoli
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    I am always intrigued by your meals, janejellyroll. And curious about the spicy pumpkin sauce. How do you make it?

Today was delicious but boring:

Breakfast: none, overslept
    Lunch: rice with stir fried ginger sesame broccoli
    Dinner: tofurky sandwich on sourdough bread with spicy mustard and romaine, carrot sticks, cucumber spears, an orange
    Snack: banana, cherry coke zero
  • janejellyroll
    I am always intrigued by your meals, janejellyroll. And curious about the spicy pumpkin sauce. How do you make it?

Today was delicious but boring:

Breakfast: none, overslept
    Lunch: rice with stir fried ginger sesame broccoli
    Dinner: tofurky sandwich on sourdough bread with spicy mustard and romaine, carrot sticks, cucumber spears, an orange
    Snack: banana, cherry coke zero

The pumpkin sauce was something I made up because I had a cup of pumpkin puree left over from another recipe! It turned out much better than I thought it would.

I mixed 1 cup of pumpkin puree with 1/4 cup rice vinegar, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 tablespoon gochugaru (Korean red pepper flakes), 1 teaspoon cayenne, 1 teaspoon cumin seed, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes [you can probably tell I like it spicy, you can adjust the spice to your own preferences]. I cooked the vegetables all together and then added the sauce and cooked pasta. The sauce coated it all very well. I would not have been able to identify the pumpkin taste -- it tasted sweet like tomato sauce, but in a way that complemented the Asian flavors in the dish. If I made it again I might add a bit of nut butter or PB2. It seems like it would go well with it.