Searching for Squat Proof Leggings!!

13»

Replies

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Love my fabletics, and they have held up through some ABUSE.

How are they for running? I find some leggings slip down and I end up having to yank them up every 10 seconds...

Never had an issue. I've also worn them under my leather race suits, they don't bunch, slip, or fall down even in those conditions (100+ degree days, straddling a 200 degree engine....).

Only pair I've had tear on me were the ones I was wearing when I crashed my scooter in the pits (don't ask LOL).

most squids ever seen- are in the pits. ;)

Funny thing is they let me go race my real motor bike the rest of the weekend! But that 125 scoot....(actually turned out the front end had gotten dorked on the way there, but didn't realize that until after the fact LOL).
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Love my fabletics, and they have held up through some ABUSE.

How are they for running? I find some leggings slip down and I end up having to yank them up every 10 seconds...

Never had an issue. I've also worn them under my leather race suits, they don't bunch, slip, or fall down even in those conditions (100+ degree days, straddling a 200 degree engine....).

Only pair I've had tear on me were the ones I was wearing when I crashed my scooter in the pits (don't ask LOL).

most squids ever seen- are in the pits. ;)

Funny thing is they let me go race my real motor bike the rest of the weekend! But that 125 scoot....(actually turned out the front end had gotten dorked on the way there, but didn't realize that until after the fact LOL).

enjoy shenanigans happen in the pits or just trying to get on and off the track- I can't imagine them keeping you off the track from a simple mistake like that. It happens. :)

do you race race- or just track day type racing?
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    I just discovered this new brand called Senita Athletics. I am waiting for my package to arrive in the mail, and will report back if they end up being good!

Ok so my Senita leggings came in the mail and I LOVE them! They are definitely squat proof. Nice thick material with enough compression to suck you in, but not too much - no dance required to get them on.

Most styles of their leggings all have multiple pockets: deep side pockets, a back zipper pocket, and a mini inside pocket.

Plus they have super cute styles and all are only around $30! (They aren’t paying me, I swear, I’m just excited!)

Please excuse my husband’s messiness in the pics.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    I know you mentioned Nike and said you didn't like them but they're the only tights I buy now because they are squat proof. I'm talking about Nike Legend, Nike Legendary and Nike Epic. I have other Nike tights but I wouldn't say that they are squat proof. They are cheaper but you get what you pay for! The ones I recommended are quite dear but worth every penny in my opinion :-)
  • LittleQuelie
    LittleQuelie Posts: 37 Member
    Lolol!!! I only realized that my leggings were not squat proof after I played a season of coed volleyball with my boyfriend lol. I only wear Old Navy or Denver Hayes from Mark’s. Sooo...
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Asda Walmart's own sportswear leggings, squat, dead, bench, do cardio and everything in them. Fast dry and stretchy and supportive all in one hit...
  • Munchberry
    Munchberry Posts: 172 Member
    edited January 2018
    I like these. https://landsend.com/products/womens-active-yoga-pants/id_212716?sku_0=::BLA

I order a size down because I prefer them a little tighter than the model. They are thick and bullet proof strong. You can wera flowered underwear and sweat like crazy and nobody is going to see what's on under there. I have had my original pair for probably 7 years annd probably roate to them every other week and wash and dry them the same. They are still in good shape with no tear or thin spots. Love them.

One thing I am not sure they show - they are like pants so not tight at bottom. If you bike, you will have to tuck or wrap so they don't get caught in the chain.
  • HoneyBadger302
    edited January 2018
    enjoy shenanigans happen in the pits or just trying to get on and off the track- I can't imagine them keeping you off the track from a simple mistake like that. It happens. :)

The scoot happened on the way to registration at the start of the weekend LOL, so had lovely road rash over my entire knee for the duration of the 3 days (ouch).

Race race (bugs me when track day riders say they are 'racing') - just club racing at this point (AFM), but shooting to make a MotoAmerica bid (at least as a wild card) no later than next year.
  • littefish2018
    littefish2018 Posts: 96 Member
    Lorna Jane if you've got the big bucks. super thick and quality but $$$
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

The scoot happened on the way to registration at the start of the weekend LOL, so had lovely road rash over my entire knee for the duration of the 3 days (ouch).

Race race (bugs me when track day riders say they are 'racing') - just club racing at this point (AFM), but shooting to make a MotoAmerica bid (at least as a wild card) no later than next year.

cool!
    I had grand visions of getting there- but I was too slow- and not ballsy enough to keep pushing harder to make it.

Yeah- it's hard to explain track days vs racing to people who don't know- they think it's all "racing" - but interestingly we had a lot of guys in some of our groups who were actual racers who did a lot of track days- technically not racing- but let's be honest- as long as they weren't trading actual paint- they were racing each other LOL. The one org I used to participate under had colored groups- I think the racers were all in the "black" group- and usually they would run 2 heats with an actual grid start for them to practice- so not an actual race- but they were going to town for sure.
  • HoneyBadger302
    I had grand visions of getting there- but I was too slow- and not ballsy enough to keep pushing harder to make it.

Yeah- it's hard to explain track days vs racing to people who don't know- they think it's all "racing" - but interestingly we had a lot of guys in some of our groups who were actual racers who did a lot of track days- technically not racing- but let's be honest- as long as they weren't trading actual paint- they were racing each other LOL. The one org I used to participate under had colored groups- I think the racers were all in the "black" group- and usually they would run 2 heats with an actual grid start for them to practice- so not an actual race- but they were going to town for sure.

Most of the track day orgs out here have 3 groups (A=Advanced, B=Intermediate, C=Novice) and plenty of racers can be found in A and a few on the smaller bikes in B groups practicing or working on some skills. Most of the instructors/staff for the orgs are also local racers (or used to be). No practice starts though :(

And later in the day when the track gets fairly empty, can't say that a group of us who know each other won't get out there and play around a bit :smiley:
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,541 Member
    heytimsla wrote: »
    Grrrl leggings.

This. X 1,000,000,000,000
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,541 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Lulus are squat proof. Hand wash though. I will throw my older ones or the larger size 8s in the wash but not the good/newer ones.

Mine weren't... And I didn't know that for the longest time. Doh!
  • Rose18l
    Rose18l Posts: 147 Member
    I got 2 gymshark flex leggings and 1 nike power legend. The thing with nike leggjngs is that there is a lot of difference between the models and by far not all are squat proof. I love my Nike power legends they are fully squat proof and feel great. The gymsharks are okay squat proof too but camel toe prone. Also they are a bit expensive for what you get.
  • sarahscott9064
    sarahscott9064 Posts: 28 Member
    Honestly, my go to leggings for workouts are the Old Navy active wear line. Inexpensive, comfy, no underwear show and they last forever!!!!!
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    I have so many different kinds...Calia, Reebok, UA, Fila, Old Navy, etc. and have never had an issue with not being squat proof.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    REI has great and durable workout clothes