Working out while sick?

2»

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    the answer is as usual "it depends"

for some people- being run down really means all their energy is gone. For me- too sick to workout means- I have a fever- something's coming out both ends or I Have a massive migraine. otherwise- I get my butt to the gym.

Yep. It would take a special sick for me not to ;).

Like the flu or pneumonia? (Please say yes to that, for everyone's sake).
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited January 2018
    aokoye wrote: »
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    the answer is as usual "it depends"

for some people- being run down really means all their energy is gone. For me- too sick to workout means- I have a fever- something's coming out both ends or I Have a massive migraine. otherwise- I get my butt to the gym.

Yep. It would take a special sick for me not to ;).

Like the flu or pneumonia? (Please say yes to that, for everyone's sake).

I wash my hands and practice clean hygiene of not rubbing my eyes, mouth, nose, etc.. to prevent possibly spreading/catching germs.

I have a comprised immune system and I can count on one hand how many times I've been sick in the last three decades.

So for everyone's sake...
    No, to your question.

I never had the flu and haven't had pneumonia since the 80s.

My "special sick" I was referring to cannot be spread to public.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Given the number of people who I know are willing to go out and do things like going to university or the gym when they have the flu or pneumonia I figured I'd check (never mind that I wouldn't be able to physically do any cardio if I had pneumonia...). I, thankfully, don't generally have a compromised immune system however there was a two year span of time when I was frequently sick including getting H1N1 and pneumonia (H1N1 was what kicked off the two years of my immune system not being what it normally is).
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    That's a tough call. At the end of the day, walking is easy on your body but also good for your mind so if you are so inclined to exercise, this might be your best bet. Feel better soon!