Hard losing

13»

Replies

• AtlasxMedic
    AtlasxMedic Posts: 16 Member
    @Lesscookies1 have you looked at my diary? I don’t think I’m eating more than I think? I usually have to scramble to eat more at night or the app won’t count my day since I’m below my suggested calories. I have a LOT to lose too so I’m going to stick to 2lbs/wk.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    You're using cups still. You need a food scale.
  • AtlasxMedic
    edited February 2018
    I have a food scale and I use it, but it seems obnoxious to weigh blueberries. Just a personal opinion.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Same with the sunflower nuts, marinara sauce, pasta, salad dressing, peanut butter, jelly, cod, green beans, and breaded chicken breast?
  • AtlasxMedic
    Alright. I have nothing against weighing food and I’m not saying you guys are wrong by any standard. Weighing food is important and can change a 900 Cal deficit into a 750 cal deficit. I just don’t think weighing my food is the underlying cause. Saturday I was 220 in the morning and fasted. Monday I was 217 in the morning and fasted. I didn’t change anything between those days. In the past I’ve gone from 218 on a Monday to 210 on Saturday. When you get a variance like that it’s hard to say it’s just one thing happening. I’m sure weighing my food plays a role, but I also think there’s something bigger. It could be a sodium issue, a carb issue, a fat issue, it could be a cortisol issue, etc. Heck, I have an infection in my jaw right now and I’ll probably gain weight with that and these antibiotics. There’s a lot that can play into this, and I don’t think writing it off as “food weight” is the correct course.

So, I’ll make an effort to weigh more things and not just use defaults on MFP when I know the weight (as with the chicken and cod). I’d still like to figure out more of what’s going on though because this is beyond frustrating. If I’m completely off base here, then by all means lay into me and I’ll shut up.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,143 Member
    karen8787 wrote: »
    i didn't look at your diary...i would suggest to increase your fat, and lower your protein. i would suggest maybe cutting out the protein shake after workout. i read somewhere (but didn't retain any of it since it doesn't apply to me) that there is no merit in protien shakes after a workout for the average person. try googling it to see if you find the reasons. if you really feel you are stuck try a fat fast for 3 days. a fat fast is 90% of your calories from fat and 10% from protein. 1000 calories per day at 250 cal for 4 feedings. you can also do 1200 over 4 meals. you will def see results from this....but coming out of it....you should stick to a ketogenic diet...where 60-75% of your cals come from fat.

What!?!?!? No.