The awesomest thing your kid has ever said...

Replies

• ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    My recently turned six year old son told me, as we were trying past a cemetery, "Don't worry mom. When you are dead and buried, I will still love you"
  • withabandon
    withabandon Posts: 168 Member
    Only have the four legged variety. My 35lb miniature Australian shepherd is not clever, normally, but he is generally smart and a quick learner. In the world of positive reinforcement training, we always talk about intelligence of dogs when they use their paws to grab or access things instead of their mouth - we consider that a "thinking" dog.

Anyways, I am laying on the couch with an enormous migraine and I can hear Morrie in the kitchen with a tennis ball stuck under the edge of the counter. I can hear him batting at it with his paws trying to dig it out and it is hitting the cupboard doors and making noise and making me grind my teeth. Finally, I shout "Look, you don't have to be smart, JUST GET IT WITH YOUR MOUTH!". Immediately, the doors stop smacking and I hear his collar tags on the floor as he gets it with his mouth, proudly trotting into the living room with his ball in his mouth a few minutes later.
  • kasiaj
    kasiaj Posts: 63 Member
    Three Years Old:
    I'm in my room naked picking out my work clothes... he points at the boobs, "Put those things away and come help me find Spiderman."

Six Years Old, This Morning:
    "For the love of gravy, mom! Go brush your teeth!"

This made me LOL
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    I realized I hadn't represented my 23 yo.

When she was very young, we were, too. My husband and I never said "excuse me" or "move please" it was "move your fat *kitten*" to each other. One day while grocery shopping a lady (who was rather overweight) was blocking the aisle with her cart. My daughter sitting in the cart facing us, sees my husband roll his eyes and me make a similar face of exasperation because we were in a hurry.
    So, little princess turns around and says, LOUDLY, "LADY MOVE YOUR FAT *kitten*!"

My husband turned around and walked away leaving me there to try to breathe and apologize to the lady (I tend to laugh in extremely tense situations). I tried to explain that she wasn't my child that I had just found her but it didn't work. I did feel bad, and after I found my husband had a talk with him that maybe we should watch what we say..............

When my youngest was 3 she walked in on her dad while he was peeing. Gasped in horror and ran to me.

Kiddo "Mommy I just saw daddy going pee pee and he was doing this" (her showing me with one hand on her back, one placed where it should be)

Me "Yes honey because Daddy is a boy and boys go peepee standing up.

Kiddo "Why?"

Me "Well boys have penis' and they peepee standing up, we have vaginas and we sit down"

Kiddo "Oh" Walks away.

Hubby walks into kitchen, kiddo walks up to him, "Hey dad, YOU'VE GOT A PENIS!" And proceeds to sing Daddy has a penis.

For three weeks.

Everywhere we went.
  • withabandon
    Since those of us with furry kids were invited to join in...

I have two Bernese Mountain Dogs, big boys. One of them, Beau, likes to watch me work out doing my step aerobics program. The first time I went ahead and did the ab workout at the end of it, I laid down on the floor and put my feet on the step. He was lying in the hall and immediately jumps up and comes in and starts nudging at me in the sides and stomach. I laughed so much I decided I'd done enough ab work for the day. :tongue:

From that point on, I closed the door when I got to that part of the workout. One day he was in the other room so I decided to chance it. I was on the floor 0.2 seconds before he raced in and started nudging me hard again (I'm really ticklish so I was laughing my butt off). He finally got his nose underneath my side and completely flipped me over onto my stomach. Having finished saving me he just sat down beside me, satisfied in his day's work. I love that dog.

Mine IMMEDIATELY lays on my yoga mat anytime I put it down. We have "brain matter transfer" time while I am planking - he lays there head to head with me - and when I do any ab work (laying on my back), he licks my face.
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    We went to a local movie in the park last weekend, where they had lots of free stuff going on for kids, and a fire truck the kids could climb into and look around, and my 3 year old daughter informed the firemen that she wants to be a ' firetruck' when she grows up....
    without missing a beat, he says to her ' I hear that's a pretty tough job '
  • withabandon
    How I met your Mother fans will like this one

My 6 year old was making up her own song lyrics and my 9 year old was annoyed.

9: kate, you dont have to sing everything you do!!!

6: but I'm being Marshall!

LOVE IT!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    "Hey dad, YOU'VE GOT A PENIS!" And proceeds to sing Daddy has a penis.

For three weeks.

Everywhere we went.

:laugh: That's adorable!
  • LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    I have 4 kids so I have a ton!

Whn my son was 3, we had been to the dentist. They just put him in the chair to count his teeth so he would get used to having someone in his mouth when cleaning time came. The next day, he told me he knew how many teeth he had. I said, "How many?" thinking he heard the dentist. "All of them"

Same kid around 7, we are at an amusement park. He is on the plane ride and you have to make it go in the air by pulling the handle. A mom was looking for a seat for her toddler. She asked my son if he could ride with him. My son said, "Sure, but we ain't goin up in da air!" She put him in a different plane!

My 13 year old daughter ahs been going to the gym with me. We were doing a timed circuit of different exercises, trying to get as many circuits in before the buzzer. She and her friend were going faster than me. I frustratedly said I just couldn't keep up with them. She said, "MOM! You are lifting triple what we are!! I hope I can do that when I am your age! Your awesome!!" :blushing: That was the BEST thing ever!!
  • Just_Wil
    Just_Wil Posts: 108 Member
    So my 3 year old son disappears one day. We are searching all over for him. Not a trace. I decided to check my office and notice my high back office chair is turned around facing away from the door. As I enter the room, the chair spins around, and he says "So Daddy, we meet again..." I couldn't stop laughing for 20 minutes.

Totally out of left field. I still have no idea where he learned that or how he knew to pull it off with such perfect timing.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    My son has football camp for 2 hours every morning this week and then daycare field trips in the afternoon he is one worn out 10 year old. Last night when I bought gas I got a lottery ticket- I only buy them when they are over $200 millon.

He started crying saying, "I love my life. I don't want to win the money. Please rip up the tickets. I love my life too much." He made my heart melt.
  • my oldest son (23) when he was 2.5, he was watching the movie "Hook". When the mermaids came swimming around he got so excited and said "look Mom Barbiesharks!". cutest thing ever!!!
    "Barbiesharks" ... That is absolute GENIUS!!!
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,094 Member
    4 year old son said this one last week - took him to the Play Place at McDonald's with his brother. My hubs is a Sign Guy - as in sign production/installation...so son is obsessed with signs...especially "Do Not" signs (red circles with slashes through them)... and as we're leaving he notices the No shirt, No Shoes, No Service type sign.....

"Mommy, what's that sign say?"

"No bare feet"

Later he mentions to me he has Farrelly Feet...just like the sign...and I had to explain, "no, it's Bare Feet as in no shoes...which means you have to have shoes and socks, or sandals to go in McDonald's."

Serious Faced as a 4 year old can get.... "But what about Bears Mommy? Bears have 'bear feet?"

I say "I'm pretty sure they don't allow bears in McDonald's either."

OMG...he was so serious, and I couldn't help but laugh...poor guy, McDonald's discriminating against bears and all...lol
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    My 2.5 year likes to play hide and go seek and he'll always hide behind his curtains in his room so I go in and ask Where is (insert his name)? And from behind the curtain I hear him say, "gone."

The other day he ran up to me in said, "there's a monster chasing me!" And then he told me it was a mean monster. That was the first time he had expressed that imaginative side.

And if he likes what I'm wearing he'll say, "wow cool shirt mommy!" Bless him he's so sweet!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    My daughter made the remark "Mommy-your belly is not as close to the steering wheel anymore!". I have made progress ...... :)
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,094 Member
    last week my 4 year old:

"I Bonus love you Mommy!!!"
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    when my littlest one was younger she wanted a treat at the gas station and I told her I don't have any extra cash on me just my credit card and don't really wanna stop just to put snacks on my card and she said.....You can Pull your teeth out and the Tooth Fairy will Give you money Mommy and I said no how bout if you're really good I'll just put it on my card and she said....You're the bestest Mommy in the whole wide world. My oldest one when he was 18mos got IQ tested cuz he was so verbal they wanted to make sure he wasn't just memorizing everything he would hear and he was actually understanding things cuz he used alot of big words and stuff. The lady at Mayo Clinic said you are really wise for your age, Do you know what wise means? And he said Yeah-Its good and smart at the same time. And my middle daughter said can I cook with you, you're the best cook in the whole world and any time anybody asks what I'm cooking she says don't worry Mom doesn't cook bad food. And my littlest one just this last summer when we took her to the zoo was pretty funny she kept saying Oh Yay, I get to go Exotic-ing.
  • I_am_Kara
    I_am_Kara Posts: 2,589 Member
    So many cute stories everyone!:smile:
  • "Nope."

You need to go to youtube and look for the Chuck Testa video to get this. For a good month all we heard was "Nope."

>Come here! "Nope"
    >Don't squish the cat! "Nope"
    >Put that back! "Nope"
    >Stop saying nope! "Nope"
    *put him in his room and hear this walking away:*
    "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!"
  • On holiday this year we had a pool volleyball tournament going, just between the family. It was my husband's and my turn for a match and I was beating him. Just as was about to serve he announced that he was done being 'kind' to me and was going to turn up the heat. My 12 yo son sitting on the side of the pool yelled "That's right Dad, give it to her good and hard!". I laughed for about 10 minutes, my 18 yo daughter neatly choked on the crisps she was eating, while my husband just stared at his feet!