Atkins Diet Success Stories

Options
2»

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    zeejane4 wrote: »
    My wife and myself are looking to start ASAP. We are not finding many people that do it. We just want to make sure we are doing it correctly to get us started because both of us have quite a bit of weight that we both need to lose. Is it really as simple as making sure you stay below 20-25 net carbs per day? We haven’t really found “the plan” anywhere. We have found the list of foods that have zero net carbs but does that mean you can eat them freely? Seems odd.
    Hi There-

So I am seeing if anybody has done Atkins, and still is doing it with great success? I lost 80lbs on it back in 2005 in 8 months, never counting ANY calories, just carbs and went off the plan due to lots of personal things. Having tried to count calories and always seem hungry and that it's not a cookie cutter approach for everyone, I need motivation from fellow Atkins, low carb peeps who can help me with this low carb LIFESTYLE, not a quick fix and then back to eating all the sugary, high processed carb crappy foods again, only to balloon up and plus some. Thanks!

Sending you a message

We are struggling With what meat we should eat as we are still trying to figure out the “net carbs” and how those work

Why not just eat foods you enjoy but at a deficit, then? You don't need to be low-carb to lose weight.
  • TheOldBallCoach43420
    TheOldBallCoach43420 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am not showing a message from you?
  • TheOldBallCoach43420
    TheOldBallCoach43420 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Because I have done atkins years ago and it worked for me, nothing else has!
    zeejane4 wrote: »
    My wife and myself are looking to start ASAP. We are not finding many people that do it. We just want to make sure we are doing it correctly to get us started because both of us have quite a bit of weight that we both need to lose. Is it really as simple as making sure you stay below 20-25 net carbs per day? We haven’t really found “the plan” anywhere. We have found the list of foods that have zero net carbs but does that mean you can eat them freely? Seems odd.
    Hi There-

So I am seeing if anybody has done Atkins, and still is doing it with great success? I lost 80lbs on it back in 2005 in 8 months, never counting ANY calories, just carbs and went off the plan due to lots of personal things. Having tried to count calories and always seem hungry and that it's not a cookie cutter approach for everyone, I need motivation from fellow Atkins, low carb peeps who can help me with this low carb LIFESTYLE, not a quick fix and then back to eating all the sugary, high processed carb crappy foods again, only to balloon up and plus some. Thanks!

Sending you a message

We are struggling With what meat we should eat as we are still trying to figure out the “net carbs” and how those work

Why not just eat foods you enjoy but at a deficit, then? You don't need to be low-carb to lose weight.

• mitziann2012
    mitziann2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please send the Atkins/low carb group? I’m doing Atkins and would like to connect with others.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!