Women in their 40s!

Replies

• winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    azkunk wrote: »

One more goal this week is bring my breakfast and lunch everyday. I tend to make bad decisions if I buy food in the cafeteria not to mention, I am spending about $10/ day on breakfast, lunch and coffee.

I am working to double my water intake, 80+ oz is great! 👏🏻

I found that when I started packing lunch for work and quit the soda I magically had enough money in one month to buy the name brand sneakers I wanted 😂 You never realize how much eating out actually costs until you cut back and see the savings!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Thanks @sweetnic :)

Way to go @winodini !!! Today is day 2 of using the Daily Burn app for me. I am hoping to make exercise a new hobby too.
  • winodini
    Thanks @sweetnic :)

Way to go @winodini !!! Today is day 2 of using the Daily Burn app for me. I am hoping to make exercise a new hobby too.

How do you like the app? It was one on my list, but I’ve been using IG posters to build specific days (legs, arms, etc) for now.

• azkunk
    edited January 2019
    winodini wrote: »
    How do you like the app? It was one on my list, but I’ve been using IG posters to build specific days (legs, arms, etc) for now.

I got a 60 day free trial on Groupon. So far, I really like it. I am “following” two programs. The true beginners since I am old and out of shape and a yoga program. They have recommended schedules with the program but you can follow at your own pace. There seems to be a lot to choose from. If I use it for the 60 days, I’m going to drop the gym and pay for the $19.99 monthly subscription.
  • vanillaorange2
    vanillaorange2 Posts: 63 Member
    turning 41 in a few week, also trying to loose 10-15lbs. Seems harder to keep it off these days. I’m in the gym 5-6 days a week right now and trying to keep up with meal planning. Feel free to add me, always looking for extra motivation.
  • azkunk
    @shortyjmorgan1 How many days did you work out in January? Is being perfect a realistic goal?

Welcome @vanillaorange2 :)

Today was another good day. I did cave to temptation and had a few bites of carne asada fries but I stayed within my calories for the day with the added exercise calories. So, I’m not going to beat myself up over it.
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    @shortyjmorgan1 How many days did you work out in January? Is being perfect a realistic goal?

Welcome @vanillaorange2 :)

Today was another good day. I did cave to temptation and had a few bites of carne asada fries but I stayed within my calories for the day with the added exercise calories. So, I’m not going to beat myself up over it.

Great job on another good day.
    I am trying to challenge myself in February because in March I will be completing the Bataan Memorial Death March in Las Cruces which is a 26.2 miles hike in the desert and I am falling behind on training.
  • lemonita12
    lemonita12 Posts: 52 Member
    fmerrick42 wrote: »
    I am 48, 49 in May. OMG. lol
    Looking forward to 2019 for meeting my health goals. Want to lose 30 lbs and maintain it for life! Really focused on making changes I can sustain. My daughter, who is now 25, is my inspiration. She went from 245 lbs to 160 lbs with hard work and determination. I want to follow in her footsteps.

Good luck! Amazing determination from your daughter, I am sure she can give you loads of tips and motivation!
  • azkunk
    Well, January is officially in the books and it didn’t exactly go as planned. I did end up with a 2.2lb loss for the month but my target was 5.6. I only logged 13 days this month counting today. My goals for February are to lose 5lbs, log everyday and exercise a minimum of 3 days per week. I think I am in the right mindset now and have a little momentum going.

@shortyjmorgan1 that’s an excellent goal then. GOOD LUCK! Sounds like a lot of fun.

@fmerrick42 I am 48 in May and can’t believe it. 50 is so close ... where did the time go? Realistically, my goal is to lose 30lbs but ideally it’s 50. We can do this!
  • winodini
    Goal for February is to work out every day no matter what.

I’m joining you!
  • gridirongrrl
    gridirongrrl Posts: 69 Member
    Happy Friday all!

I’ve decided now that I’m one month in and I have made exercise a regular part of it routine (I got on the treadmill for 3+ miles every day in January!!) it is time to add some strength training in a few times a week. I’m still trying to decide how...

Hope everyone has a fun weekend planned!
  • shortyjmorgan1
    winodini wrote: »
    Goal for February is to work out every day no matter what.

I’m joining you!

You will have to let me know how your goal is going. I didn't make it to the gym this morning but I am going to go for a walk after work before going home. Good luck.
  • lliri6zyjp1n.jpg
    HAPPY FRIDAY Lovely Ladies!!!!!
    I see you all have been kicking it :):)
    Have a Fantabulous Weekend!
  • nurseflips
    nurseflips Posts: 10 Member
    Hi everyone,

I'm just finishing up my first week (first weigh in tomorrow!)

I'm 43 and from Australian and currently want to lose 15-20kgs.

Looking forward to chatting with you. Feel free to add me as a friend as I'd love some support (and looking to support others in their journey too!) :)
  • Kahunacrystal74
    Kahunacrystal74 Posts: 11 Member
    It’s Sunday! Let’s make this week Awesome!
  • azkunk
    I made it through the weekend and logged everyday. Saturday was off program but I pulled it together today. I exercised 5days this week which is exactly 5 more days than I usually exercise. I am really liking the Daily Burn app!

Goals this week:
    Bring breakfast and lunch to work everyday... no cafeteria
    Workout 4 days
    Log everyday

Staying on track is going to be a challenge this week. Tuesday is my son’s 12th birthday which means cake and a homemade meal of his request that is not at all healthy and cake. My sister is coming for a visit this weekend and that means more cake (also celebrating brother-in-law’s bday), dinner out and alcoholic beverages.
  • Molliepops35
    Molliepops35 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm 43 - and have 30lbs to lose. I joined here on 14 January and have lost 6lbs so far. I need to exercise more, and get my steps up, but so far, sticking to 1,400 cals a day seems to be working for me. I weigh myself once a week, every Monday morning.

Feel free to add me as your friend!
  • shortyjmorgan1
    iup10swjxrjv.jpg
    Monday morning inspiration.