Women in their 40s!

Replies

• shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    As lame as it sounds, my why is to lose the weight so I am comfortable in my own skin again. I also want to love myself 100%, and I know it sounds awful but I don't feel like I can achieve that until I shed some of this weight. :( Maybe it won't actually help me love myself more but I won't know until I achieve it.
    I also want to be healthier overall.
    I'm having a down-on-myself kinda day, sorry.

Hang in there. We all have those days and feelings.
  • shortyjmorgan1
    Hi! 41 and hitting workout goals but eating crappy foods. Some days I’m great some days I’m completely off and it’s making me so angry at my lack of self control. It’s complete self sabotage and so conscious doing it. I just can’t identify which wire I tripped up in my brain to give in to eating such bad foods. At this rate I’ll gain the twenty that I lost over the course of last year.... through healthy eating. Ugh.

I have a bad habit of doing this myself and have to really watch myself. I always consider my weight loss a journey and learning experience. Because I learn each day what makes me pick what food and what battles to fight. Stay strong.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    buxbert wrote: »
    We have an ongoing handstand challenge going on in the challenges board. But any inversions are welcome! It helps to participate on that thread to motivate you to practice every day.

Thanks for the tipp! What is it called exactly? There are several.. i def. will give it a try![/quote]

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10671026/handstand-challenge#latest
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Today was a good day. Ate lots of fruit and veggies and finished 100 calories under budget!

@wearefab hope you are well. You were checking in twice a day last week and have been quiet the last few days.
  • springsweet
    springsweet Posts: 184 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm curious - what are some of your morning routines? I need to switch mine up and would like some ideas. I need something that energizes me (yet I've never been able to exercise rigorously in the morning). I'm thinking yoga would help.
  • shortyjmorgan1
    I'm curious - what are some of your morning routines? I need to switch mine up and would like some ideas. I need something that energizes me (yet I've never been able to exercise rigorously in the morning). I'm thinking yoga would help.

Yoga, walking or swimming. I am one of those who love to hit the gym first thing to get it over with but there are days were my yoga session is better.
  • fourmartinkids
    fourmartinkids Posts: 54 Member
    I will be 45 in April , have 4 children and have lost 15lbs so far.

I’m 5’2” and i want to be 124lbs with a BMI of 22 by July.

I’m on my way but have hit a plateau.

Any motivation help would be fabulous.

Friend me if you want :)
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member

Yoga helped me too while I still did it. With mornings being hectic I find it hard to find the right moment. Would love to go back but that would mean to get up realy early..
  • springsweet

Yoga, walking or swimming. I am one of those who love to hit the gym first thing to get it over with but there are days were my yoga session is better.

I cannot stand getting up and exercising. I have tried it more than once and hated every minute of it. Even walking is tough for me in the morning. I think I can handle yoga.
    I wish I was a morning person!
  • springsweet
    buxbert wrote: »

Yoga helped me too while I still did it. With mornings being hectic I find it hard to find the right moment. Would love to go back but that would mean to get up realy early..

I already get up at 5:30. And I hate it!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    I clock in at 6:30. Takes me 15 minutes to get there. So.. I roll out of bed between 5:45 and 6, brush my teeth, get dressed, and head out. And I literally set everything out at night so I can get as many minutes in bed as possible: lunch made, keys attached to purse, clothes out in the bathroom, and workout clothes in my laundry room so I can grab them as soon as I get home.

I know that is not what you meant... but I’m not getting up any earlier so working out happens after work for me :)

This is so me! I stay in bed until this last possible minute. My exercise is usually right after work. I have tried to get up early and workout or walk but I was never able to stick with it.
  • I really need some motivation! I am 44 and am about 10 lbs heavier than I should be. I lost 15 lbs last spring/summer but 5 -7 have crept back on over our cold winter of heavy sweaters and icy sidewalks. I don't go to the gym but am an avid walker. I really need to motivate myself to get to my ideal weight but I find it so hard to motivate in the summer! Would love to hear some success stories....feel free to add me. I haven't really figured out how "friends" work on MFP, and I don't know how to request them. Thanks for listening!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    I just joined this club last month... Totally jumping in to see if there are any surprises I'm likely to encounter in this new decade. I've been maintaining a 60 lb weight loss for a couple of years, but just recently have been struggling to keep it from sneaking back. Pretty sure that has more to do with too many indulgences lately than my age, though. :)

Hi all!
  • lefteyefreckle
    lefteyefreckle Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all, Please add me as well. I am in my early 40's and my aim is to lose 40lbs. I have started with intermittent fasting and trying to eat clean. It is a daily challenge but with the support of you all will help with accountability.
    Thanks
  • shortyjmorgan1

I cannot stand getting up and exercising. I have tried it more than once and hated every minute of it. Even walking is tough for me in the morning. I think I can handle yoga.

I understand not being a morning person. I used to have to drive 30 minutes to my job every day and by the time I got home I was done. So I started forcing myself to get up. Now that I don't drive I still make myself get up and go.
  • springsweet

I understand not being a morning person. I used to have to drive 30 minutes to my job every day and by the time I got home I was done. So I started forcing myself to get up. Now that I don't drive I still make myself get up and go.

My commute is also 30 min! That's commendable of you to keep that morning schedule even though you don't have to. I've started setting an alarm on the weekends for 8:30 AM - that's huge for me. If left to my own devices, I could easily sleep past 10:00.