Do You Drink Enough Water?

2»

Replies

• kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Personally I hate the taste of water and it makes me feel like I am going to puke.

Have you tried different temperature? I have to drink mine cold or else I get an acid/strange taste in the back of my throat.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Actually I have a quick question does everyone drink the same amount of water the day before the weigh in ? Or do you skip that day :wink:

I drink the same amount of water every day. I love water and I'm pretty much thirsty all the time so I don't stop myself.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Personally I hate the taste of water and it makes me feel like I am going to puke.

Have you tried different temperature? I have to drink mine cold or else I get an acid/strange taste in the back of my throat.

I'VE GOT YOUR ANSWER!
    After the same yuck/dry taste, I leave a pitch out on the counter (& bottle) over night & bingo, problem solved...try it it works! 'cause you just gotta get your water in.....
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    I'm curious, I noticed when looking at some people's Diaries that they're not logging in any or only a little water. Now I know that the water is towards the bottom on the Food page so some may not even know it's there. Water is a very important part of weight loss and the 8 cups is a minimum you should be drinking a day if you exercising and you should log in more if you are. It also helps flush the body out which can help in weight loss. It may sound like I'm judging but I'm really just curious why some are not logging their water intake. Good luck to all of you and may your weight loss be healthy!

I do not drink plain water, I drink either fruit juice or water with a hit of lemon or strawberry in it. I am never sure if it is okay to log those into the counter, therefore I never bothered.

The other thing I never do is force myself to drink if I am not thirsty, but I do not deny myself fluids either. If I am thirsty, I drink, if not, I don't :smile:
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    To those that dislike the taste of water, is it all water no matter the source? I'll admit I don't like water in those big water dispenser jugs because it always tastes "stale" and most tap waters leave a mineral taste/feeling in my mouth. But at work we luckily have ice/filtered water machines and at home we keep bottled water. I never really thought that water could taste "bad" if there wasn't additional garbage in it or if it was old.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    I drink approx 6-8 cups of water, not excatly enough, I know but it is a GREAT impovement for me as i have struggled with this my whole life, I have been hosptialized for dehydration twice.

Since doing that, my doctor explained to me what "counted" as water

1) pure water is always the best BUT

2) if it is clear (with the exception of soda) it counts -

3) food with high water counts too - i don't count them in my log thouhg- ie celery, watermelon, etc etc

even though I drink 6-8 glasses I don't always log it, I will log this starting today!
This discussion has been closed.