Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Protein angel food cake. Make it.

14567810»

Replies

• LadyKatie_xoLadyKatie_xo Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    Can I use bovine hide collagen?
  • Panini911Panini911 Posts: 2,325Member Member Posts: 2,325Member Member
    i tried and it was a fail :P The egg whites were not forming still white peaks (10mins of beating in) but i decided to try anyway. did not fold in the protein powder nearly enough so while it "looked" ok, it tasted like eating raw protein powder very gross grainy, i tossed it :P i was VERY careful not to overfold given the warnings to...not overfold!

will try again.
    edited March 3
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,390Member Member Posts: 7,390Member Member
    Panini911 wrote: »
    i tried and it was a fail :P The egg whites were not forming still white peaks (10mins of beating in) but i decided to try anyway. did not fold in the protein powder nearly enough so while it "looked" ok, it tasted like eating raw protein powder very gross grainy, i tossed it :P i was VERY careful not to overfold given the warnings to...not overfold!

will try again.

If you are cracking eggs to get egg whites, make sure no yolk gets into the bowl. None.
    Also, make sure there isnt any grease in the bowl.
  • Safari_GalSafari_Gal Posts: 888Member Member Posts: 888Member Member
    Must try this! I guess I need to get whey protein powder...
  • Panini911Panini911 Posts: 2,325Member Member Posts: 2,325Member Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Panini911 wrote: »

will try again.

If you are cracking eggs to get egg whites, make sure no yolk gets into the bowl. None.
    Also, make sure there isnt any grease in the bowl.

don't use grease for much of anything and used boxed eggs whites ;)
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Posts: 2,675Member Member Posts: 2,675Member Member
    I messed up. And I loved it!
    I usually put this in 2 pans, so it is just 1/2 as thick. Today I only made 1/2. I guess I didn’t have my glasses on, cause I accidentally put the oven on broil instead of bake. It is so crusty and good! Just had 1/2 the pan with frozen yogurt for 91 calories and 12 grams protein. Yum!
    edited September 4
  • NoHookUpZoneNoHookUpZone Posts: 1,571Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,571Member, Premium Member
    What is this witchery!
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,390Member Member Posts: 7,390Member Member
    I messed up. And I loved it!
    I usually put this in 2 pans, so it is just 1/2 as thick. Today I only made 1/2. I guess I didn’t have my glasses on, cause I accidentally put the oven on broil instead of bake. It is so crusty and good! Just had 1/2 the pan with frozen yogurt for 91 calories and 12 grams protein. Yum!

Surprised it did not burn lol. Sometimes by messing up, we come up we great ideas.
    Accidently I whipped all the ingredients together and ended up with a "pavlova" kind of lol