Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Protein angel food cake. Make it.

Replies

• goatggoatg Posts: 1,081Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,081Member, Premium Member
    I envy you! I used to enjoy eating it. Part of that might be mental, too; how we choose to focus on the flavors of foods absolutely affects our perception. I'm so used to having isopure, but after reading this thread last night and Francl's comment about protein powders, I noticed that my shake (containing isopure, but with much less liquid and fruit than I usually add --and a different flavor) was borderline unpalatable.

Will have to explore further, but I think after I finish my current powder, it's onto collagen protein for me.....any recommendations?
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,401Member Member Posts: 7,401Member Member
    I would ask in a separate thread in the Food section. I bet you will get lots of replies there.
  • gettintheregettinthere Posts: 526Member Member Posts: 526Member Member
    Can’t wait to have this for breakfast!! Thank you for another recipe crazyravr!!
    I did the thing! I've been eyeing this recipe for a while now and I finally remembered to grab some cream of tartar from the grocery store. Followed the recipe exactly using vanilla ON Gold whey protein powder. Progress pics:

9w8afm4ax80x.jpg

Here's all the loveliness ready to go to the oven. It filled my entire pan.

guhl0b05i14u.jpg

This is during cooling. You can see where I missed a bit of the top edge with the non-stick spray so it completely fused to that edge. Easy enough to chip it off. It shrank a bit in the oven, but cooling it shrank a TON.

2699vvgllfnh.jpg

And breakfast this morning! Put a little chocolate syrup and whipped cream on top.

Overall, definitely a tasty little snack. Mine came out to be 107 calories for half, which is pretty amazing for the size. It tastes angel food-esque, which is what I expected, so no complaints here! I preferred the texture of it chilled as opposed to slightly warm when it came out of the oven. It wasn't as sweet as my sweet tooth would have liked, but that was easily adjusted with sweet toppings. Overall, I would definitely make it again!

Its sad to see it deflate haha I know :)
    Can’t wait to have this for breakfast!! Thank you for another recipe crazyravr!!

Nice!!! :)
  • ElizabethAN2017ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 570Member Member Posts: 570Member Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Why just make one when you can make two in one shot and save in the fridge.

9x3oblgjcw4g.jpg

Yum :) I was wondering which Canadian Protein products you recommend, please. I am also in Canada and wanted to give them a try but would appreciate knowing which ones you recommend (for stand alone use as well as in your recipes) before ordering. Thanks so much :)
    edited February 2018

9x3oblgjcw4g.jpg

Yum :) I was wondering which Canadian Protein products you recommend, please. I am also in Canada and wanted to give them a try but would appreciate knowing which ones you recommend (for stand alone use as well as in your recipes) before ordering. Thanks so much :)

Do what I did. Order all the sample packs and give them all a try. Pretty cheap and and a good way of finding the flavour you like. We all have different tastes. I mainly use vanilla.
  • ElizabethAN2017ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 570Member Member Posts: 570Member Member

9x3oblgjcw4g.jpg

Do what I did. Order all the sample packs and give them all a try. Pretty cheap and and a good way of finding the flavour you like. We all have different tastes. I mainly use vanilla.

• sugaraddict4321sugaraddict4321 Posts: 12,376Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 12,376Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
    Bump because I saw crazyravr post about this in another thread. What do you use for "protein frosting"? :)
  • sugaraddict4321sugaraddict4321 Posts: 12,376Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 12,376Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
    Bump because I saw @crazyravr post about this in another thread. What do you use for "protein frosting"? :)
    edited March 2018
    Bump because I saw @crazyravr post about this in another thread. What do you use for "protein frosting"? :)

this is my typical go to as it goes well on anything.

100g greek yogurt 0%
    100ml almond / cashew milk
    30g vanilla protein powder
    30g ready whip or cool whip
    1tsp vanilla extract

Mix everything in a bowl until all nicely combined. Place in a fridge for a bit and it will set. If you want it to be real thick skip the milk.
  • DamienAngelicaDamienAngelica Posts: 281Member Member Posts: 281Member Member
    I made it tonight and it. Was. Delicious. I topped it with strawberries and Truvia nectar.

I used vanilla Less Naked Whey protein powder and also added some Stevia in the Raw along with the vanilla extract to sweeten it up.
    edited April 2018
  • cshagamcshagam Posts: 56Member Member Posts: 56Member Member
    Curious if you have a culinary background?
  • DamienAngelicaDamienAngelica Posts: 281Member Member Posts: 281Member Member
    I should add, too, that my husband and I beat the egg whites by hand with a wire balloon whisk. We took turns but it didn't take nearly as long as I expected. I separated my eggs, saved the yolks to add to the dogs' breakfast this morning, and let the whites sit at room temperature for almost three hours.
  • orangegatoorangegato Posts: 5,730Member Member Posts: 5,730Member Member
    piefeck wrote: »
    Can someone confirm the nutrition facts for me :) I <3 Angel Food Cake!!!

For the WHOLE thing as is.

Nutrition Facts

Servings 1.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 185
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 1 g 1 %
    Saturated Fat 0 g 1 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 15 mg 5 %
    Sodium 487 mg 20 %
    Potassium 851 mg 24 %
    Total Carbohydrate 4 g 1 %
    Dietary Fiber 1 g 2 %
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 37 g 73 %
    Vitamin A 0 %
    Vitamin C 0 %
    Calcium 4 %
    Iron 2 %

@crazyravr thanks for all your recipes. Are the nutrition facts for this angel food cake saved and shared in the MFP database? Couldn't find it.
    orangegato wrote: »
    piefeck wrote: »
    Can someone confirm the nutrition facts for me :) I <3 Angel Food Cake!!!

For the WHOLE thing as is.

Nutrition Facts

Servings 1.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 185
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 1 g 1 %
    Saturated Fat 0 g 1 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 15 mg 5 %
    Sodium 487 mg 20 %
    Potassium 851 mg 24 %
    Total Carbohydrate 4 g 1 %
    Dietary Fiber 1 g 2 %
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 37 g 73 %
    Vitamin A 0 %
    Vitamin C 0 %
    Calcium 4 %
    Iron 2 %

@crazyravr thanks for all your recipes. Are the nutrition facts for this angel food cake saved and shared in the MFP database? Couldn't find it.

Search for TC - Protein Angel Food Cake. I pre-fix all my recipes with 'TC' so that its easy for me to find and sort mine vs others saved.