Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Protein angel food cake. Make it.

Replies

• raymax4raymax4 Posts: 6,024Member, Premium Member Posts: 6,024Member, Premium Member
    What would be the result it I used an angle food cake pan?492309xzhijg.jpg
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,401Member Member Posts: 7,401Member Member
    raymax4 wrote: »
    What would be the result it I used an angle food cake pan?492309xzhijg.jpg

Same.... with a hole in the middle. But this will not slice like a normal angel food cake if thats what you are after.
  • RuatineRuatine Posts: 3,408Member Member Posts: 3,408Member Member
    I have a question about this recipe. The only time I tried it, it looked exactly how you described, with it puffing up and then deflating after being taken out of the oven. However, the flavor and texture was distinctly eggy - it basically tasted like baked scrambled eggs. What is this supposed to taste and feel like?
  • DoubleUbeaDoubleUbea Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member
    If you think that is eggy don't try cloud bread.
  • TheFlyOnTheWallTheFlyOnTheWall Posts: 60Member Member Posts: 60Member Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Bump because I saw @crazyravr post about this in another thread. What do you use for "protein frosting"? :)

this is my typical go to as it goes well on anything.

30g ready whip or cool whip

Is that from a tub or an aerosol can?
  • DoubleUbeaDoubleUbea Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member
    Ready Whip is from an aerosol can, Cool Whip is from a tub.
  • runningforthetrainrunningforthetrain Posts: 1,125Member Member Posts: 1,125Member Member
    Thanks for the recipe. I am always looking for ways to increase protein!
    Ruatine wrote: »
    I have a question about this recipe. The only time I tried it, it looked exactly how you described, with it puffing up and then deflating after being taken out of the oven. However, the flavor and texture was distinctly eggy - it basically tasted like baked scrambled eggs. What is this supposed to taste and feel like?

Nothing like you describe. Its suppose to be like a softer version of a pavlova.
    What you did wrong, me thinks, is that you over mixed the protein powder and beaten egg whites. Next time just gently stir it in. Dont fully mix it in.
    edited August 2018
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    Ready Whip is from an aerosol can, Cool Whip is from a tub.

This. And it does not matter :)
    edited August 2018
    Cool Whip comes in an aerosol can too, that's why I wasn't sure which to buy - but since it doesn't matter, I'll get what's on sale LOL

@crazyravr - are you able to find the fat free cream cheese in Canada? I've been looking, but can only find the low fat
    edited August 2018
    I did not know that Cool Whip was available in a can, I believe Ready Whip is a dairy product, Cool Whip is something else but non-dariy.
    Maybe it's just in Canada? I don't really know

00066188061912_a1c1.jpg
    Cool Whip comes in an aerosol can too, that's why I wasn't sure which to buy - but since it doesn't matter, I'll get what's on sale LOL

@crazyravr - are you able to find the fat free cream cheese in Canada? I've been looking, but can only find the low fat

This is what I use and I get it at RCSS or Walmart.

20866924008_front_a04.png
  • vegmebuffvegmebuff Posts: 31,390Member Member Posts: 31,390Member Member

This is what I use and I get it at RCSS or Walmart.

20866924008_front_a04.png

I can only find the 95% fat-free one in my local Safeway - have only seen the low fat one just about everywhere else...
  • Panini911Panini911 Posts: 2,325Member Member Posts: 2,325Member Member
    piefeck wrote: »
    Can someone confirm the nutrition facts for me :) I <3 Angel Food Cake!!!

For the WHOLE thing as is.

Nutrition Facts

Servings 1.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 185
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 1 g 1 %
    Saturated Fat 0 g 1 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 15 mg 5 %
    Sodium 487 mg 20 %
    Potassium 851 mg 24 %
    Total Carbohydrate 4 g 1 %
    Dietary Fiber 1 g 2 %
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 37 g 73 %
    Vitamin A 0 %
    Vitamin C 0 %
    Calcium 4 %
    Iron 2 %

wow. this could answer one of my (internal) questions about finding foods high protein lower cal for dessert/snack.
    Thanks!

Oh, I thought you were using the bricks! And I just bought a bunch of the Lactantia low fat bricks at Food Basics because they were on sale this week! Oh well, I'll use them up then try the tubs. thanks!

Oh, I thought you were using the bricks! And I just bought a bunch of the Lactantia low fat bricks at Food Basics because they were on sale this week! Oh well, I'll use them up then try the tubs. thanks!

Buy and use whatever is cheapest. Its all the same stuff (fat and calorie content will differ). Thats about it. Also, I hope you are using this in a cheesecake and not here lol if you make V2.0 of the cheesecake, there is no need for cream cheese at all, problem solved.
    edited August 2018

Buy and use whatever is cheapest. Its all the same stuff (fat and calorie content will differ). Thats about it. Also, I hope you are using this in a cheesecake and not here lol if you make V2.0 of the cheesecake, there is no need for cream cheese at all, problem solved.

Yeah, I guess I went off topic a bit LOL

yep, I'm making the cheesecake...with the cream cheese!

the angel food cake is next - just picked up a carton of egg whites at Sobeys!
    edited August 2018
  • animalsjanimalsj Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member

Nothing like you describe. Its suppose to be like a softer version of a pavlova.
    What you did wrong, me thinks, is that you over mixed the protein powder and beaten egg whites. Next time just gently stir it in. Dont fully mix it in.

Same for me! How long should you beat the eggs for?
    edited August 2018
    animalsj wrote: »

Same for me! How long should you beat the eggs for?

Stiff peaks. Do it at medium speed until you see foam forming. Then let her go full speed until stiff peaks. In my KitchenAid mixer about 3-4 minutes more.