How to approach girls in the gym???

Replies

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    yrk0a2g4g7l1.jpg

:D:D:D
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    The last time a man spoke to me at the gym it was a young man with Downe Syndrome who was on the stationary bike next to me. He said "Hello Lady" looked me up and down and then turned to his carer and said loudly "She's not going fast enough" he was right, I was cruising. :/

That is a glorious story.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    The last time a man spoke to me at the gym it was a young man with Downe Syndrome who was on the stationary bike next to me. He said "Hello Lady" looked me up and down and then turned to his carer and said loudly "She's not going fast enough" he was right, I was cruising. :/

I love everything about this story.
    Also, it made me laugh.... :D<3
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    edited August 2018
    I’m gonna go with... Don’t. ;)

What kind of nonsense reply is this?

Why wouldn't you approach someone you found attractive? As for the approach, not to be superficial but if you're higher on the well put together scale you're more likely get a better response. Putting that to one side, if you catch her gazing at you here and there she's interested. Simply pretend you're going over to use a machine where she's at then open conversation from there. Something along the lines of "I haven't seen you here before?" or "that weight is way too easy for you". If she's interested it'll roll from there. Whenever I say that it's actually genuine so at the same time just relax and feel what suits the moment. The same method works if there's just a hot girl you wanna pursue. Go over and use a machine or workout next to her then find an opening.

Good luck!

I think Don’t is a very good response. I know for myself anyway that I absolutely cannot stand when men try to hit on me while I’m at the gym. I’m there to focus on my work out and I don’t appreciate being bothered. Also all the pick up lines that you gave him would make me roll my eyes so far into the back of my head that I would see my brain.
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    A woman doesn't want you to approach her at the gym if she doesn't like you, because she's focused on her workout.

If she has a crush on you, she would love to have you approach her at the gym, because her workout can wait.

• bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    A woman doesn't want you to approach her at the gym if she doesn't like you, because she's focused on her workout.

If she has a crush on you, she would love to have you approach her at the gym, because her workout can wait.

Yes....
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    bojack5 wrote: »

Yes....

Yes.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Don't do it.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    Don't do it.

Youre not the boss
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Shower cams are a good ice breaker.
  • imip007
    imip007 Posts: 6 Member
    Just spank that *kitten* and give me 5 more always works NOT!! Lol.

Compliments and polite advise on form posture etc usually makes a good convo especially if your in good condition yourself she will show some interest in wanting talk more.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    Don't do it.

Youre not the boss

Actually...I am.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    After my workout, if at all. Basic gym etiquette still applies. If someone approaches me midworkout, 1. It had better be between sets and, 2. Be relevant to working out (How many sets to you have left?).

Basically smile and acknowledge. Then wait for a response. If no response, don't get pushy, just accept and move on.
  • Gaygirl2120
    edited August 2018
    imip007 wrote: »

Compliments and polite advise on form posture etc usually makes a good convo especially if your in good condition yourself she will show some interest in wanting talk more.

Nope. No advice unless asked.

Exactly! She will not show interest in talking more because you think you are in good shape. She will get annoyed because you seem like a know it all acting like a woman doesn’t know her way around the gym & she needs some dude to help her. Reading this post really explains a lot and why men act the way they do and think that these lame attempts will actually work LOL
  • Gaygirl2120
    VUA21 wrote: »
    After my workout, if at all. Basic gym etiquette still applies. If someone approaches me midworkout, 1. It had better be between sets and, 2. Be relevant to working out (How many sets to you have left?).

Basically smile and acknowledge. Then wait for a response. If no response, don't get pushy, just accept and move on.

Virtual ^👋
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    imip007 wrote: »

Nope. No advice unless asked.

I'm gonna go with Ms. Sarah on this one.
  • knavarro2015
    knavarro2015 Posts: 20 Member
    You can be friendly (maybe smile or say "hi"), but don't be a creeper...