the trash can... where it belongs

Cool story....
    Very helpful of you....
  • martha99x
    martha99x Posts: 1 Member
    It’s good with sugar free maple syrup
  • judithvoll
    judithvoll Posts: 1 Member
    Pineapple is my favorite but peaches is good too.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    berries or peaches and honey. also a big fan of whipping it

peaches, raspberries, honey (, a splash of champagne), whip.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I don’t get the sweet in cottage cheese thing. I’ve tried pineapple. I mean I ate it but I don’t know why’d you’d ruin perfectly good pineapple by putting It in cottage cheese. I like cottage cheese with just salt and pepper and I’ve tried putting chopped green onions which was good and made my breath stink. I think I will try canned tuna and maybe sriracha or something
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    My all time favorite is peaches, but I also like adding fresh berries.

When my figs are in season, I want to try them with it as well. Maybe with a little honey.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    All this cottage cheese talk led me to the store to pick some up :smiley: Half cup of Friendship's Non-Fat Cottage Cheese topped with fresh mango chunks, cinnamon, and a bit of Walden Farms' Zero Calorie Syrup to sweeten it up. It was a great breakfast!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    Not really a cottage cheese add in, but my favourite use for cottage cheese is lasagna cupcakes. In an oiled cupcake tin, layer gyoza wrappers (from the deep freeze section of an asian grocer), commercial spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese. Sprinkle with grated hard cheese and bake 25 minutes.

I also like to use cottage cheese in vegetable lasagna. Replace the bolognese sauce in any classic recipe with grated veg and/or chopped greens mixed with a tub of cottage cheese.
  • LetsDoulaThis2018
    LetsDoulaThis2018 Posts: 14 Member
    1. Mix in blueberries and strawberries that have been coated in just a little honey.
    2. Shredded carrot, chopped apple, some raisins and a dash of cinnamon. Sounds weird but I swear it is amazing!!
  • caseyking1
    caseyking1 Posts: 1 Member
    roasted mushrooms and asparagus - delicious!
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    I’ve been adding crumbled up gram crackers along with my usual raspberries to mine. It tastes like cheesecake o:)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    I usually eat it sweet. My current favorite is 5g pistachio flavored sugar free pudding mix and 5g stevia added
    to 227 grams(1 cup) of cottage cheese.

Another favorite is 5g unsweetened cocoa and 5g stevia to 227g cottage cheese.

And for savory, I mix in garlic salt and hot sauce. I either use this as a dip for veggies or as my cheese topping on thin pizza crust. I broil it until it gets melty, then add a bit more hot sauce. So good!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    If you're looking for some crunch, mix in any of your preferred, spicy/savory/salty seasonings and dip celery sticks into it. I used black pepper, salt, garlic powder, some franks hot sauce (almost like buffalo wings with the celery lol), and sometimes a sprinkle of stevia just to add a little sweetness. Pb2 is also good as it's kinda like ants on a log without all the peanut butter
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    My FAVORITE way to eat cottage cheese is this!!!

Toast some bread, add desired amount of cottage cheese on the toast, sprinkle cinnamon on top and drizzle on honey. IT'S SO GOOD!!

I also like some of these other posts. I'll try those soon too!!

I am trying this for a sweet treat! :p
  • vloving85
    vloving85 Posts: 1 Member
    Sriracha or Tapatio
  • phyliciahaartje
    phyliciahaartje Posts: 4 Member
    If you haven't tried it yet, break up a hardboiled egg into your cottage cheese and too with pepper. So good!
  • missspringb33
    missspringb33 Posts: 2 Member
    Chopped egg whites
    Grapes
    Crumbled protein chips
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    i like the no salt as it's so high in sodium. I add french vanilla stevia drops, lots of cinnamon, and strawberries.
  • marshabc1952
    marshabc1952 Posts: 2 Member
    I thought some of these responses were REALLY strange. Then, I realized many people substitute cottage cheese for ricotta, and then many of the suggestions made sense. Opens up a whole new menu option for me!