Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Copying previous day items.

kawal6259kawal6259 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
Hi it would be nice if there was a way to copy an item I entered in a previous day or even previous meal without having to search for it over again.

Replies

• malibu927malibu927 Posts: 17,648Member Member Posts: 17,648Member Member
    Hit Quick Tools under the meal, choose “Copy to Today”
  • TacklewasherTacklewasher Posts: 7,145Member Member Posts: 7,145Member Member
    Couple of tricks you can do.

Like said above, you can copy a whole meal to the same meal today from yesterday or from a specific day using Quick Tools under the category.

If you have a set meal you eat a lot (I do for breakfast) you pick a day with that meal, go to Quick Tools and copy to today, getting to pick the category (Breakfast, lunch etc.) you want to copy it to.

I use Quick Tools > Remember Meal a lot as I make the same thing pretty often. Then when I have that meal I can Add Food > Meal and all the items come over. I can make changes (like soup instead of chili) as needed.

• nysteve1nysteve1 Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    None of these responses answered the Op's portion of the question regarding individual items.

Issues:

1. From my experience, and as you all pointed out, you can copy a meal, and then have to manually delete all those items form the meal, until you are left with only the one item you really wanted to copy.

2. The Frequent Foods option works well but for only a particular meal type. Say I eat a particular salad for breakfast every day, but today I ate it for lunch, using the frequent foods option will not work, since that frequent food seems to be listed only the library of the breakfast meal category not generally (frequent meal lib should be accessible to all meal categories).

3. The Your (custom) Foods option won't work unless you created that particular item as a custom food. In my example I use a type of dressing for that salad. I did find it in the system, and so I did not have to recreated it, but to use it in 'this' fashion to solve this problem, I'd have clone it and give it a custom name.

This is a great app/service but it needs much UX improvement as it grows. Keep up the great work and I hope the OP's request as well as my other changes/suggestions are given merit.
    edited August 10
  • RAinWARAinWA Posts: 1,540Member Member Posts: 1,540Member Member
    nysteve1 wrote: »
    None of these responses answered the Op's portion of the question regarding individual items.

Issues:

1. From my experience, and as you all pointed out, you can copy a meal, and then have to manually delete all those items form the meal, until you are left with only the one item you really wanted to copy.

2. The Frequent Foods option works well but for only a particular meal type. Say I eat a particular salad for breakfast every day, but today I ate it for lunch, using the frequent foods option will not work, since that frequent food seems to be listed only the library of the breakfast meal category not generally (frequent meal lib should be accessible to all meal categories).

3. The Your (custom) Foods option won't work unless you created that particular item as a custom food. In my example I use a type of dressing for that salad. I did find it in the system, and so I did not have to recreated it, but to use it in 'this' fashion to solve this problem, I'd have clone it and give it a custom name.

This is a great app/service but it needs much UX improvement as it grows. Keep up the great work and I hope the OP's request as well as my other changes/suggestions are given merit.

Regarding #2 - just change the sorting from "breakfast" (or whatever) to "all meals" and it should come up