A question about Mio and your opinions?!

2»

Replies

• goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    You're onto something smart. Plain water "turns the thirst mechanism off," so it's smart to drink water with a little added flavor. The thing is, Mio is for when you're working: it replenishes everything you lose through sweat (sodium, potassium, etc), which you don't need quite as much of otherwise.

Nuun All Day makes a good product. Personally, I prefer adding a small amount of kombucha to my water and voila! I have friends who add a mix of apple cider vinegar, lemon, cayenne, maple. It's just about making it yummy while keeping it healthy.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Also, Mio tastes like it has a bunch of artificial sweeteners. I know nuun does, but I much prefer the latter. Even Ultima.

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    brznhabits wrote: »
    I'm MIO-er and it does help me stay hydrated. But I'll be honest, I'm trying to find something else. In general, I'm not a fan of the weird additives in MIO, Crystal Light, etc. I've been trying to brew strong flavored organic teas and chill it as a concentrate to use throughout the week. No luck with good tasting brew yet but I'm still working on it.

A nice option is cold brewed tea with fruit/veggie infusion too. You can come up with some interesting combinations.

- Sliced cucumber, mint leaves and white tea
    - Sliced lemon, strawberries and green tea
    - Watermelon, basil and white tea
    - Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and black tea