Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Replies

• runtodayamyrun
    runtodayamyrun Posts: 59 Member
    lporter229 wrote: »
    ehseeker wrote: »
    @MissMay "reward" Yes, I think that is where we fool ourselves. Don't beat yourself up over this. Can you think of it as a learning experience and accept it for that? We're all learning our limitations. It's a journey. Hope your day gets better.

Agreed. I think many of us have been there too.

I feel like Sunday nights are my hardest to not "reward" myself after a great week.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    lporter229 wrote: »
    ehseeker wrote: »
    @MissMay "reward" Yes, I think that is where we fool ourselves. Don't beat yourself up over this. Can you think of it as a learning experience and accept it for that? We're all learning our limitations. It's a journey. Hope your day gets better.

Agreed. I think many of us have been there too.

I feel like Sunday nights are my hardest to not "reward" myself after a great week.

Same here. Mondays are my rest day from running, so that adds to the mix as well, especially when I don't drink on Friday and Saturday. I just need to break the mindset that alcohol=relaxation.
  • lisamoravec
    lisamoravec Posts: 98 Member
    Not sure if this is how to join...but I'll give it a go.
    I enjoy wine. White wine. I'm working on avoiding any alcohol during the week. It's tough because some days I just want a glass.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Not sure if this is how to join...but I'll give it a go.
    I enjoy wine. White wine. I'm working on avoiding any alcohol during the week. It's tough because some days I just want a glass.

Welcome!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Went to my fav bar for a quick bite after work. Had a club soda and some wings. Told the bartender I quit drinking on Jan. 1st and she said she quit last Lent and lost 42 pounds.
    Now, I need to get serious and not compensate for the calories saved with other treats. I would love to say by Jan. 1st next year that I lost forty pounds:)
    @springsweet We are here for you! Xo
    @lisamoravec Welcome! Let us know if you need any advice and keep us updated how you're doing.
    @WinoGelato Happy for you! You enjoyed your Sunday without the alcohol and woke up ready for a great week! Xo You're really on to something- being mindful. Not giving in to impulses and thinking things through.
  • RubyRed427
    I can totally relate to @MissMay and what she's feeling today. I am also struggling with having way too much to drink last night. Had a family get together and I started drinking before dinner to "loosen up" then continued on drinking during and after dinner. I know I was slurring my words last night...I kept trying to get it under control and not "sound" drunk..but I think I failed. I'm embarrassed right now. I went to bed feeling physically ill and woke up with a hang over. Ugh. So ashamed of myself right now.

I'm trying to allow myself very limited amounts of alcohol and most days do ok...but I need to get myself under control when I do drink

Many of us have been there. Forgive yourself and move on. It's a new day. We've all done things like that that we regret. And family loves you nonetheless. No one is perfect. You'll get it back on track to moderation. Xo
  • RubyRed427
    @mazcor536 Thanks for your great post! I look forward to my five month anniversary of AF.
    You makes some great points. I love the one that we reward ourselves with wine. Annie Grace , author, says we need to change that around in our mind and say "I'm so happy I dont have to drink to relax, have a good time, enjoy life,...."
    Beautiful idea of writing a note to yourself when you're hungover. Memories do fade. I really wish I did. I did take a picture of my face after a hangover last December, and every week for a few alcohol free weeks after that. It showed a much less puffy face a few weeks later.
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    edited March 2018
    NormInv wrote: »
    Like Rory Mcilroy said today.....dont try and be too perfect.....dont putt by the marking on the ball and get too mechanical with it.....sometimes its the imperfect putt that scores a birdie...

This is slow on the up-take but I've been thinking lots about this quote becoz its been coming back into my mind.
    I set goals waaay too high to start off with then get upset when I don't meet it. Then its down hill and I acomplish nothing.
    Thanku Norm, perfect timing, very true and enlightening. It's going to be well used.

So im going reset my goals to 1 standard drink a week. Then if i do itll b ok , or if i dont itll b a bonus..
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Happy Birthday @dbanks80
  • RubyRed427
    missanne11 wrote: »
    Hi just checking in. Oh my this is a daily struggle. Isn't it. I do find if no alcohol around much easier to abstain. Problem is when it's available one leads to two etc. Binged Friday Saturday on alcohol. But 3 days back AF. I noticed Sunday slept terrible. Thinking guilt and anger. But slept so good last night and back at the gym yesterday. I'm tired. Really helps me sleep. Night folks

Good night xoxo
    Great work on 3 days AF
  • RubyRed427
    @dbanks80 I see it's your birthday from @erikNJ
    Happy birthday! Hope today was happy and full of love and laughter.
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Happy Birthday @dbanks80
    @dbanks80 I see it's your birthday from @erikNJ
    Happy birthday! Hope today was happy and full of love and laughter.

1pf0dv821sps.jpg

From me too!!.. wish u all the best !! :)
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Happy first full day of spring (where I am)! It was 75 degrees yesterday, when spring started,and going to be 50 degrees today. A new season begins! Just like the weather, we are all having our up and down days. Its natural and we have to stop beating ourselves up over it. As long as we keep trying, we are winning. Ok, I'm done sounding preachy, I hope.
  • islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Happy first full day of spring (where I am)! It was 75 degrees yesterday, when spring started,and going to be 50 degrees today. A new season begins! Just like the weather, we are all having our up and down days. Its natural and we have to stop beating ourselves up over it. As long as we keep trying, we are winning. Ok, I'm done sounding preachy, I hope.

You didn't sound preachy at all! Inspiring and positive is my take away :-) Jealous of your 75* , spring here and we will be lucky to hit low 40's as a high right now....it's basically still winter! Happy Hump Day, pals. <3