Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

1464748495052»

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    @ehseeker Five is better than four. Bravo! Great job- it isn't easy!
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    @ehseeker Five is better than four. Bravo! Great job- it isn't easy!

LOL It sure is.
  • RubyRed427
    Crazy night at bowling tonight, 2 fights had to be broken up, one very drunk lady trying to get my husband to take care of getting her home. (Past history together, 12 years ago) I made sure that this was never going to happen! :#:s;)
    Good night for me to be sober o:)
    Home now and thinking how nice it would be to have a good stiff one to ease my nerves, but lucky for me, my "NO" voice has been getting stronger than my "Why not" voice.
    Time to get some sleep now, work in the morning. <3

Stressful night ! Fights usually exacerbated due to alcohol. Proud of you for being strong !
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    I’m going to give my monthly recap cause that helps wih my personal accountability.

There were 5 Saturdays in March and I had planned 5 drinking days. I had two work weekends were I knew I was going to drink Friday and Saturday, so I was hoping to have dry Saturdays the weekends before those two. That was where I hit bumps in the road. I drank every Saturday and those two Fridays. So I drank 7 days total. Still a huge step up from the me that I was last year. I would have had 10+ days of drinking. So there is still a win.
    I only lost 1.5 lbs in March, after losing 18 in Jan-Feb combined. That upset me because my diet stayed the same and I have still been going to the gym regularly. I also basically gave up on yoga.
    I know there are a lot of wins there but when I put everything together like this March looks like a big disappointment.
    Thankfully I start April with a short work week and then Vacation away in the middle of nowhere. I am not going out there with any goals except to refresh everything and then come back in a positive mindset and start new goals April 16th.

See you in the April thread!
  • RubyRed427
    erikNJ wrote: »
    I’m going to give my monthly recap cause that helps wih my personal accountability.

There were 5 Saturdays in March and I had planned 5 drinking days. I had two work weekends were I knew I was going to drink Friday and Saturday, so I was hoping to have dry Saturdays the weekends before those two. That was where I hit bumps in the road. I drank every Saturday and those two Fridays. So I drank 7 days total. Still a huge step up from the me that I was last year. I would have had 10+ days of drinking. So there is still a win.
    I only lost 1.5 lbs in March, after losing 18 in Jan-Feb combined. That upset me because my diet stayed the same and I have still been going to the gym regularly. I also basically gave up on yoga.
    I know there are a lot of wins there but when I put everything together like this March looks like a big disappointment.
    Thankfully I start April with a short work week and then Vacation away in the middle of nowhere. I am not going out there with any goals except to refresh everything and then come back in a positive mindset and start new goals April 16th.

See you in the April thread!

Sometimes, we can view vacation as a fresh start and to really focus on yourself. More time to read, relax, mediate, do your yoga, and eat healthy meals. Treat it like a retreat. Have a wonderful time!
  • RubyRed427
    edited April 2018
    Good morning, friends. It's Easter morning here. I am reflecting, as many of you know my story, about where I was last Easter. A hot mess! Fueling my holiday with a bottomless wine glass.

I am so relieved that the past is in the past. I have changed for the better. The painful hangover last year after a wet Easter Sunday was brutal. Phew. So relieved that this year will be so different.

Recently I went to communion. I chose the white grape juice little glass instead of the wine. Not sure why I did that, but I was wrestling with the fact that even a sip would not be a good idea.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Great thread. I hope this can continue for April also:-)
  • RubyRed427
    Great thread. I hope this can continue for April also:-)

Thanks! It is a life changing thread for me. I accidentally posted my Easter reflection on March thread. There is an April thread already started- same name just April instead of march. Xo
  • RubyRed427
  • anabud217
    anabud217 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello everyone
  • xcjumper
    xcjumper Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all just checking out of the March thread and will move to the new one! Had 12 AF days in March. Progress but slow progress......
  • josekadams
    josekadams Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you Everybody