Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Don't want to default to 'home' page

MetalLegs6505MetalLegs6505 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
Why are we forced into viewing a Facebook-like home page every time we open the app? I have no interest in anything on that page. Not allowing me to default to my diary, and instead having to navigate away from the default spam page every time I open the app is extremely annoying. I would upgrade to premium if this was fixed. I can't think of any good reason to force people to default to the home page every time, except to force propaganda, advertising, and spam on them.

Replies

• coryeavescoryeaves Posts: 7Member, Premium Member Posts: 7Member, Premium Member
  • friendsfirst528friendsfirst528 Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    Using the forced homepage causes you to use data on your phone service. This is not good if you have a limited data plan! Is there a way to set MyFitnessPal app to only use Wi-Fi?
  • AriahKitsuneAriahKitsune Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    I agree. It’s a small thing to let us choose which default screen we want when we turn on the app. I support my friends’ progress but I very much dislike getting a glimpse of their selfies three times a day.
  • moonangel12moonangel12 Posts: 187Member, Premium Member Posts: 187Member, Premium Member
    boredloser wrote: »
    You literally only have to click one button to get to your diary. The social page is there to show some stats and the social aspect of MFP which many users find useful and to see how their friends are doing.

This was brought up the other day - not sure if it was the same person? But for people like myself whose technology is lagging, it takes a minimum of 10 seconds for that first page to load, sometimes more for it to be touch sensitive, then more for the diary to load and be editable... more waiting between each entry. When sitting at the dinner table surrounded by family it makes it very awkward for me to be staring at my phone. We tend to keep that time focused on each other and food and conversation, but if I don’t log as I go I won’t know if I can add that extra dollop of sour cream, go for seconds, enjoy that piece of chocolate with the family, etc.