What real life thing made you smile today?

Replies

• ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    Convinced my son to do yoga with me today... second day in a row. Afterward, he thanked me for pushing him to do it and said it helped loosen his ankle that he broke years ago in a snowboarding accident.

It only took me three years of telling him it would help to wear his stubborn *kitten* down. :D
  • dmcnur
    dmcnur Posts: 157 Member
    Finishing a 12 hour night shift, knowing I have some days off after what has been a very stressful week at work and getting to see my wonderful man. Life doesn't get much better than that.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Talking to my dad on the phone. After a difficult couple of weeks in hospital and rehab, he sounded so happy to be home.
  • I blew up a potato with a bottle rocket. That made me smile.

Actually that was last week. I would have done it today too, but I'm out of potatoes. Probably because I shouldn't have fireworks, but I do what i want.
  • Watching the feral kittens that have been hanging around come running for dinner when I st it out for them.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    This hand hug from my kitty

https://imgur.com/a/Tk49b9B

Edit: a gif would make more sense

rl321zd71hd9.gif

D'awwwwww
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    Getting lost in nature and feeding the soul
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Baking up some tater tots after midnight on a Wednesday just cuz I feel like it. I just realized I'm an adult. I can do whatever I want. How many decades have I squandered, not doing weird, "inappropriate" things in the middle of the night? I've been sneaking around, keeping quiet and drinking tea all this time. Things are gonna change around here! I think I'm gonna vacuum next! >:)
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Our kitten going berserk outside chasing a piece of rope.
  • epr3996
    epr3996 Posts: 2,719 Member
    gk18sy8xsv9g.jpg

This made me very happy!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    My husband told me that my 15 month old son drew on the wall with a crayon and I thought "finally it's not me ruining the walls".
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    That I smashed out a run today even though it's raining and I broke my record : P
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    A 5-1 win to get one of my favorite teams into their league playoffs - it made me smile even though the cold and rain made being out at the match pretty miserable.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Of all the posts i have created that are still in existence, this one has the most views. More than the LBD thread, the calves/forearms/misc body parts threads and even the yoga pants thread. For some reason that made me smile today
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    I have a foster kitten who likes to steal and hide things. This morning I found a piece of broccoli in my slipper.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Of all the posts i have created that are still in existence, this one has the most views. More than the LBD thread, the calves/forearms/misc body parts threads and even the yoga pants thread. For some reason that made me smile today

Don't worry, I'm sure we as a group can get this thread shut down too. I believe in us.