Weight Watchers

124»

Replies

• Raysie1
    Raysie1 Posts: 53 Member
    Did WW recommend tracking calories? Since it allows so much 'free' food I suspect not. Doing so has helped you reach your goals. Congratulations.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    edited January 2019
    Raysie1 wrote: »
    Did WW recommend tracking calories? Since it allows so much 'free' food I suspect not. Doing so has helped you reach your goals. Congratulations.

There are plenty of WW members who don't count calories and lose and maintain their goal weights. They're obviously making a deficit somehow.

Not every person successful at losing weight needs to or wants to count calories, and that goes for any plan.
  • rk544
    rk544 Posts: 4 Member
    I lost 90 lbs. on the old WW Smart Points plan, there were no "free" foods then. I had to stop because I got divorced and was broke, and slowly gained the 90 back, and then some. I looked into rejoining, because I liked the accountability of someone else weighing me each week, but the new plan just seems weird to me. I think like any other plan, you'll get out of it what you put in!
  • ollieoop915
    ollieoop915 Posts: 2 Member
    I've been trying to lose 15 pounds for the last 5 years on and off weight watchers. Lose a few gain it back. At 57 years old it finally occurred to me (duh) this is not working. It's time to move on. So now I'm giving mfp a shot. I feel like weight watchers gave me a eating disorder and I need to learn to eat like a normal person again. I think calories is the way to go. Eating at a deficit I can live with and still enjoy my food without feeling guilty. Of course this is just my opinion and lots of people lose weight and love weight watchers.
  • alysonbrown13
    alysonbrown13 Posts: 17 Member
    Wait just a minute here. I track my food every single day. I don’t miss a meeting and in my meetings portion control is emphasized. I follow my points. I use my fitness pal, like many WW’ers do, to keep up with my calories, sodium, water intake and how my exercise is effecting that. There are days I go over my calorie budget here but meet my points. To suggest that I’m not following what WW advocates is an absolute joke!! It may not be the program for everyone, which I said politely MULTIPLE times, but it clearly is for me, and this comment is petty and uninformed.
    Raysie1 wrote: »
    Yes but the poster is being a WW zealot without really following what it advocates.

• Fitsusan21
    Fitsusan21 Posts: 9 Member
    I did weight watchers last year. After paying a large introductory fee, buying their food, and being a loyal customer, I cancelled my Weight Watchers membership back in May 2018. Weight Watchers has always worked for me. Usually I do it for 2 to 3 months, lose a little weight, get tired of doing it and move on. This time I am really loving the Freestyle format. It seems to be working a lot better for me and I feel like I might actually be able to stick with it this time due to the increased flexibility. The reason I canceled is because i found out weight loss is largely calories in vs out. I went on Keto, intermediate fasting, protein high fasting diet, 3 week program which you can learn more https://bit.ly/2QY4BkY and still manage to lose weight with all method methods but I kept my caloric intake low. I would suggest doing some research and finding out the fundamentals of weight loss then you can decide on which program to try that resoantes well with you.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,186 Member
    In addition to the reply I’ve given above, correcting the FALSE information stated by the other commenter here, this is a legit article on how well Weight Watchers is doing this fiscal year. My meetings are packed full of people wall-to-wall. While WW is booming in large part due to the growing amount of social media influencers, a simple google search will also show you that the number of people subscribing to and attending meeting has also risen significantly since the beginning of 2018. I find myself typing all of this because of the frustration of the prior comment I read. I feel the need to correct the false info given out. WW has given me my life back. It’s the least I can do. https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/06/12/j-p-morgan-weight-watchers-stock-to-rally-thanks-to-influencers.html

Thank you for this post. I just joined WW today, and being unsuccessful on MFP. I need the accountability, at least for the first 3 months. SO I paid for 3 months, in hopes to change my habits. SO I am happy to read some success with it.