Tracey's Mid-Maintenance Break/Back Into Weight Loss Mode

1789101113»

Replies

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    tlblanks1 wrote: »
    I didn't really stick to plan this week. I am looking for next week to be much better.

Plans are an outline to me, stuff happens!

• tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    Today's weight 159.5...This week has been an eye-opener. I actually found myself in the 160's for three days with my highest weight being 161.5.. I quickly got back down to 157 after that and then managed to get back to 159. I now see that I can get back up to and over 160 and will do so if I don't watch myself. In order to be successful I have to stick to not eating at work on the workdays and just eating either OMAD or the 4:30pm-8:30pm window.

I have been battling with my mind on eating at work. It seems if I have cash, I will find some excuse to get food so I have resorted to not bringing any cash in to work with me and I have no problems or even desire to eat when I know I don't have the money, but if I know I have the means to get food, it is a battle not to get food which I lose 90% of the time. So I now take no money in to work and just eat my meal when I get home. On the weekends I do a 16:8 11am - 7pm eating window.

I will be sticking to this plan and hope to get back to the lower 150's range this coming week.

No more 160's for me even if it is only for a day or two.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Good job catching yourself before it went too far! I definitely know what you mean about not even wanting to see the 160s temporarily -- that is how I am feeling about the 140s now. I will likely do the same as you: just need to stay in the 130s!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Hi Tracey,
    For some reason I am the same way. I have not done well at all this week. I have realized that work is my worst time. I am fine at home/weekends/etc. I have to get better control at work. I also have to buckle down. I appreciate you sharing your story because I shamefully feel the same way.
    But half the battle is knowing what makes you fail! So stay strong!!!
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    It is at home for me where I struggle so I have to make sure I do right at work. When I eat at work and then eat at home I go over in my calories and am up the next day. If I don't eat at work, then I am good to eat at home, I just can't do both.

My thought process when I eat at work is "I'll just make this my meal for the day and not eat at home or just drink my chocolate kale shake this evening". Majority of the time that never happens and I end up eating more than I should when I get home from work which causes the numbers to rise on the scale.

So going forward, no eating at work on work days to save my calories for dinner at home and on weekends/non-work days an 8 hour or less (preferably less) eating window.

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    It’s a forever struggle and journey! You’ll be fine!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm sure if you stick to this plan you'll be back to your lower range soon, You got this <3
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    I like your plan! I also find that now that I am more active later in the day, my noontime OMAD doesn't work anymore. It was fine when I would just leave class and go read, but now that I hang out with my research partners and go out dancing pretty often, I have to eat my OMAD later or I end up eating more than once. Your post was a good reminder that I will need to delay my OMAD until dinner again today!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I have tried to make that deal with myself before - if I eat lunch, I just won't have dinner. Yeah right - that never happens!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    I agree, it is the same for me. Once the "beast" is woken up it is down hill!!! Tracey - you will be back on track I am sure!!