Ideal Body Fat to begin bulking/Stop bulking

2»

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    wallyr1 wrote: »
    omar57 wrote: »
    Keep bulking man the good thing is that you’re young. Cutting is easy(my opinion) it’s the building muscle part that’s hard. What’s your training split look like?

Thanks for all the responses guys. Plans is to gain 3lb a month (+\-1lb)

Currently workout 6 days a week:
    Day 1) Legs
    Day 2) Chest/shoulder
    Day 3) Back/arms
    Repeat. I usually do 4 exercises per muscle group. Always Focusing on compound lifts. Honestly think the routine I follow is pretty good and as long as I’m gaining steady weight my strength on all my lifts goes up just fine.

If y’all have any other programs you suggest send em over!

I probably put on more mass using this routine than any other routine I have ever ran. Sadly, after about 2 months, I was straight up burnt out. Plus being a single parent, I couldn't keep up the 6 day routine.

I don't consider that ^ to be a "routine", per say.
    Leg / chest and shoulders / back and arms - is just a split. The way a person chooses to set up workouts and progression within that will make all the difference.

If you could only run it for 2 months, perhaps you were overly aggressive and trying to do too much.

I agree with finding an established program, which gives you exercises, sets, and rep goals.
    "Leg day" is not a training plan.

You are correct, split was the word I should have used.
  • Coliroo
    Coliroo Posts: 6 Member
    I agree with first poster. OR I'd find your maintenance and build on that over a long period of time. You'll stay lean but the gains take just a little longer.
  • pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    Keep bulking man the good thing is that you’re young. Cutting is easy(my opinion) it’s the building muscle part that’s hard. What’s your training split look like?

Not sure why people are woo'ing this.

People who have a hard time gaining weight, might be better off with a longer bulk, adding more bodyfat >20% and really getting the most out of it. Especially since they won't have a problem cutting fat later.

I don't mean a fast bulk to >20% but a longer lean bulk, keeping it going for as long as possible.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    pbryd wrote: »

Not sure why people are woo'ing this.

People who have a hard time gaining weight, might be better off with a longer bulk, adding more bodyfat >20% and really getting the most out of it. Especially since they won't have a problem cutting fat later.

I don't mean a fast bulk to >20% but a longer lean bulk, keeping it going for as long as possible.

I guess we have anti bulkers in here. Bulking is awesome when done right.