What do you listen to /watch while working out?

13»

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    This is a little embarrassing but I put spotify in the background down low and watch people game on twitch.tv playing my favourite games but at a high level! Keeps me occupied.

TEEHEE. I'M A SUPER NERD AND I REGRET NOTHING.

I've watched all 80-something installments of Paul Soares' Let's Play Minecraft series...
  • alopez14325
    alopez14325 Posts: 2 Member
    I find the best thing to watch while exercising is football, but the sport is just a preference. It's impossible to get a good workout in while watching a movie, but during sporting events you can just drift in and out of paying attention.

I'd also recommend betting more money than you can afford to lose on a sporting event. Then go to the gym as it's starting, so you can watch the entire game while exercising. I have had 4 hour treadmill sessions using this little trick. (The benefit of this is that you will get a surge of adrenaline, which makes for a perfect pre workout mindset)
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Zombies, Run! app with something dystopian (Blade Runner soundtrack, e.g.)
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    OldAssDude wrote: »
    I can see having music playing while working out.

But if you can watch a show or read, guess what?

You ain't working out.

If you ain't huffing and puffing and sweating, you ain't doing it right.

Incorrect
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    edited March 2018
    I find the best thing to watch while exercising is football, but the sport is just a preference. It's impossible to get a good workout in while watching a movie, but during sporting events you can just drift in and out of paying attention.

I'd also recommend betting more money than you can afford to lose on a sporting event. Then go to the gym as it's starting, so you can watch the entire game while exercising. I have had 4 hour treadmill sessions using this little trick. (The benefit of this is that you will get a surge of adrenaline, which makes for a perfect pre workout mindset)

I did that during a couple football games last season (minus the gambling lol). I also watch pro wrestling pay-per-views while on the treadmill and hockey games.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    I like to do 30 minutes on my elliptical while watching Jeopardy. Work out the body and brain simultaneously. Shows like The Voice or America's Got Talent are also good distractions. For other workouts, where I'm counting reps, any sort of music will do.
  • SweetKumquat
    SweetKumquat Posts: 10 Member
    Check out some KPOP. I absolutely love to listen to BTS when working out.
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    While on the treadmill i watch music videos (but the singers have to be dancing and in good shape haha) or Friends just to have noise in the background. Watching people who are in great shape keeps me on the treadmill for an hour, at a steep incline, with various speeds.