Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Why do people deny CICO ?

Replies

• tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    edited May 2018
    nettiklive wrote: »
    Haha.

As a short, small, sedentary woman close to goal weight , my maintenance is around 1400-1500 and losing .5 lb a week means 1200. Leaving a margin for failure is much much harder than with another 1000 calories.

True,

90% of 2250 is larger than 90% of 1200. My alarm bells in my head go off at 2k calories. For someone with a 1200 limit, that 90% point is 1080 calories, leaving only a 120 calorie gap.

Not impossible, but it does make the task harder.

But then, I have to fit everything into only 225g of carbohydrates. You could have 300g of carbohydrates (and nothing else) and be at 1200 calories.

We all have our struggle :)
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    J72FIT wrote: »
    J72FIT wrote: »
    FWIW, my carb limits are due to repeated fasting BG readings in the 170-180 mg/dL range. By limiting my carb intake, I have those numbers consistently down below 120 and some days, I'm below 100 when I wake. They want me to get no more than 40% of my caloric needs via carbohydrates.

And just for giggles, after ending the celebrations my bride's birthday and stricter limits on my carbs, instead of waking up with 115-120 mg/dL BG levels like I did Sun-Tues, this morning, after having only ~1600 calories and 46g of carbohydrates, I had a more respectable 103 mg/dL BG reading this morning before I went to the gym.

Comparable amounts of exercise on Monday and Tuesday, so no real change there. Just staying as far away as humanly possible to the 225g of carbs and bam, BG levels approach normal.

Who knew you couldn't live on wine and cake?

And who suggests that you can...?

Not exactly wine and cake, but not far off from some real advice peddled these days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxCUHjx7U7Y

Not going to entertain a response to this nonsense...

It's hard to watch because it reminds me of the days when SNL was funny. Today, not so much.

It's humor, lighten up Francis ;)
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    I often read, count carbs. But seriously, carbs only -- I can eat a ton of meat & cheese. :#