Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Why do people deny CICO ?

Replies

• annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    I also liked your analysis where you analyzed projected weight loss vs actual.

Its too far buried for me to find though...
  • lakinapook
    lakinapook Posts: 14 Member

Dvdgzz wrote: »
    I remember back in 2010 when someone came to me with this CICO blasphemy. I was all up in arms "but the spiking of the insulinssss!" Then I read the irrefutable science and then tried it for myself. I will again shamelessly promote my thread(it's a thread in this very debate forum) where I ate junk for most of my meals(for science) for 10 months and got into the best shape of my life. It's all about CICO with even better results if you try to get extra protein in and incorporate resistance training. Then slowly eat more nutrient-dense foods for long-term health. This is good news, people. It changed my life tbf.

Are you by any chance friends with the guy from Legion who uses some friend of his as an example all the time about how he ate junk and lost a bunch of weight?
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    edited May 2018
    lakinapook wrote: »
    Dvdgzz wrote: »
    I remember back in 2010 when someone came to me with this CICO blasphemy. I was all up in arms "but the spiking of the insulinssss!" Then I read the irrefutable science and then tried it for myself. I will again shamelessly promote my thread(it's a thread in this very debate forum) where I ate junk for most of my meals(for science) for 10 months and got into the best shape of my life. It's all about CICO with even better results if you try to get extra protein in and incorporate resistance training. Then slowly eat more nutrient-dense foods for long-term health. This is good news, people. It changed my life tbf.

Are you by any chance friends with the guy from Legion who uses some friend of his as an example all the time about how he ate junk and lost a bunch of weight?

Idk, I don't remember anyone named Legion.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    @nutmegoreo

You just have to watch your macros closely. Think of gasoline as more analogous to carbs and diesel being more like fat. If you're looking for something meatier, use straight unrefined crude. Yeah, dead batteries are a bit like that cheese that stayed in the drawer too long...
    As far as the Uranium - it tastes a little sweeter than Plutonium, with a hint of mercury.

:laugh: I hadn't considered the macros on it. Great point. Nutrition is important (for health purposes and satiety, not weight loss), just to tie it all back into the theme of the thread.

See, you're confusing the two topics. From a CICO perspective, it's irrelevant if you drink diesel/gasonline/unrefined crude. CICO <> BTU counting.

Hey, I'm creating whole new diet plan. Don't be telling me I'm doing it wrong. I have blogs to prove it!

I mean, as long as you have some blogs to back you up and a lot of CAPS LOCK in your posts, who could possibly argue with that?

Just make sure to be smug about how enlightened you are and how everybody else is mired in "old science" and has their heads stuck in the mud and refuses to see the genius of your plan. Disregard any and all peer-reviewed research. Then and only then you can supersede all the laws of physics and leave reality behind. How awesome will it be to lose weight while eating a massive surplus, defy gravity and be immortal, all at the same time??? :drinker:

THANKS FOR THE TIPS. I do believe that my new SUPERFUEL diet will certainly HELP ME DEFY GRAVITY. Particularly when someone lights a match near me. Hmmmm... There may be one small flaw in my plan :disappointed:

But your new (?) avi (which I love) suggests that you can hide that flaw from the public as long as no one opens the box.

So your new diet plan will make you rich after all.

If you still exist.

Nahh, multiple states at the same time until measured is a quantum problem and gravity remains elusively macroscopic.
  • alrainey1
    alrainey1 Posts: 1 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Yes, what this thread needed was more Fung.

I know I am late (I followed a link to this thread from somewhere else), but this response is perfect.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    CITO is rubbish. It doesn't work. Every time I eat a bag of crisps I'm lighter the next morning than the previous one. Thus yeah, here's the proof that CITO doesn't work, right?

Wrong. whenever I have a bag of crisps I'm less hungry from this very low volume food and have an extra large poop. Less stuff in intestines -> less weight on the scale. Temporarily. If I overeat regularly the general weight trend will still be up even though single days might be lower than the previous one.